Since iPhone is no longer exclusive to AT&T in U.S.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
When the hell do we finally get our phones unlocked like the rest of the world? I might see the point of the lock if you are still under a contract but clearly the exclusivity agreement is done and it is time for Apple to issue a software update that allows all of us to take our U.S. based iPhones and put whatever SIM we want in them.

Come on Apple, do the right thing!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

When the hell do we finally get our phones unlocked like the rest of the world? I might see the point of the lock if you are still under a contract but clearly the exclusivity agreement is done and it is time for Apple to issue a software update that allows all of us to take our U.S. based iPhones and put whatever SIM we want in them.

Come on Apple, do the right thing!

It's not up to Apple, it's up to AT&T.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

It's not up to Apple, it's up to AT&T.

Sure it is. Apple could easily sell them unlocked and then AT&T couldn't do squat about it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sure it is. Apple could easily sell them unlocked and then AT&T couldn't do squat about it.

The OP is asking Apple to unlock AT&T phones.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

The OP is asking Apple to unlock AT&T phones.

He needs to do it himself, then. Those phones are subject to the contract that once existed.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    What about those phones that are out of contract? I can see a secondary market of unlocked GSM phones for Verizon users to use outside the US.