Best Buy 'Coming Soon' iPad SKUs could point to next-gen Wi-Fi iPad

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Ouch, back to school Think two dimensions.

No, he was right. Resolution is a linear dimension typically quoted in ppi or dpi (points or dots per inch) rather than ppi^2 or dpi^2 (points or dots per square inch). If you double both vertical and horizontal number of pixels on a given display, you do indeed quadruple the total number of pixels but resolution is simply doubled. It is usually assumed that the pixels are square and that vertical and horizontal resolution are therefore equal and one only need talk of the "display resolution", rather than vertical and horizontal resolution independently.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shapesNforms View Post

Could these simply be CDMA versions of the current iPad?

Maybe. But the iPad 2 rumors sound pretty credible, particularly those allegedly leaked case photos. It may be the case that these SKUs are for CDMA iPads and the iPad 2 hasn't made its way into Best Buy's inventory system yet. We'll know soon enough. All I ask Apple is that they not give up any of the iPad's incredible battery life in the quest to make it thinner.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    So is 499 model now discontinued, or will it be left alone without updates at say $420? I would love to see the old model at a reduced price point, bet then again you can just go to secondary market and get it there used.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

So is 499 model now discontinued, or will it be left alone without updates at say $420? I would love to see the old model at a reduced price point, bet then again you can just go to secondary market and get it there used.

For Apple hardware (except the iPhone), discontinued models can be purchased new for time at a nice discount, until remaining retail inventory is depleted.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    roos24roos24 Posts: 170member
    Somebody should inform BestBuy that Apple Inc. has dropped the word "Computer" from its name\