Started a tech blog for fun - focusing on tablets - any advice?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I started a tech blog for fun mostly focusing on tablets and iPad 2 rumour (but will also include iPhone 5 rumours, and the main competition from android and RIM). I want to make it very clear I am NOT trying to compete with macrumors or appleinsider, and infact will be promoting these sites by basically just linking to their articles/forums and summarizing select pieces of information and rumours that I find interesting.

It will not be anything revolutionary since I don't have any of my own sources. I will basically just link to articles on engadget, macrumours, appleinsider, mobile syrup, etc... and put my own ideas and thoughts into them. I follow a fairly large number of different sites, and so I thought for people most specifically interested in tablets and the iPad, it could be useful to have a blog like mine to consolidate all of the cool info and rumours into once place. I would also post some killer apps and stuff like that.

Also I have the idea to include peoples ideas and guess from these forums. Something like "most interesting iPad 2 projections from forum members". Any really cool ideas, mockups, or anything like that I would post up (and also properly link to, to give credit).

Basically it will be a collection of info that is more focused on just tablets and a few phones, rather than everything apple (mac rumours and appleinsider), or everything gadgets (engadget and gizmodo), or everything phones (mobile syrup). Also I thought bringing in individuals ideas and concepts from the forums would be a cool idea. There is a link at the bottom to my new blog. Any input would be appreciated.

http://tablet-crunch.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    1. Always remember to cite your sources, or you may end up getting sued.

2. Try to avoid URL shorteners when you can. Nothing is more frustrating than find a good snippet or teaser on a blog, and then having the ***.ly take you to a dead link.

3. The biggest take-away I got from CES 2011: that after the 10-inch screen on the iPad, everyone else's 7-inch screens were simply too small. So, you could do a story that explores that (debatable notion).

Just my two cents. Hope this helps, and good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DOSbox-gamer View Post

1. Always remember to cite your sources, or you may end up getting sued.

2. Try to avoid URL shorteners when you can. Nothing is more frustrating than find a good snippet or teaser on a blog, and then having the ***.ly take you to a dead link.

3. The biggest take-away I got from CES 2011: that after the 10-inch screen on the iPad, everyone else's 7-inch screens were simply too small. So, you could do a story that explores that (debatable notion).

Just my two cents. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Thanks for the tips. That is a good idea about the 7 inch tablets!