China now home to Apple's most visited stores as retail earns $3.9B

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

What China makes, the world takes- including China.

\t #32

brucep

go china

g0 apple

• Reply 22 of 30
    aiaaia Posts: 181member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brianloftus View Post

Chinese Apple store still shows no supply for iPhone 4. Therefore we have no idea what sales could be.

In fact I heard that the iPhone 4 is 6 months backordered here.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skiracer1987 View Post

They are definitely putting the stores in the right places then..... this is pretty amazing news, but then again China's nouveau rich have money because we keep getting all our stuff manufactured there. At least Apple is grabbing some of it back.... Rock on guys!!

It's not just the new rich, I think a lot of folks in the west don't understand that even the "common" folks here are willing to spend 1 or 2 months of their salary on a hot tech gadget such as an iPhone or iPad. Once Apple gets established here (through the opening of new stores across China in a year or two), the numbers will absolutely knock your socks off. I can see Apple stock hitting $1000 in 2 years, seriously.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

Lenovo's Chairman once said that Steve Jobs doesn't care about China, and that if he did they'll all be in trouble..

It looks like Apple really cares about China.

Red rag to a bull, methinks.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIA View Post

In fact I heard that the iPhone 4 is 6 months backordered here.

Indeed, you still have to get on a waiting list to get one here in Beijing.

I don't really understand why...but there you go. You can still go buy a grey market Hong Kong one in the electronics markets though. Very bizarre situation. I'd think Apple woud be increasing the amount here, but maybe they're trying to keep inventory scarcity as some kind of strategy for introducing the Chinese to how amazing their products are, or whatever.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

He he... I wish some clever Dick with too much time on his hands would create a very clever page that could pull up all the naysayers and their relevant comments on any given topic. The iPad dissers would make the biggest group by far. Not that I keep tabs (really, I have a life) but I am sure there are many regular posters here that would hate for any such page to ever appear.

As for the usual trolls (children of TechStud), there is no point... cough cough [points to signature]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willychu View Post

Here you go:

http://www.asymco.com/2010/03/09/music-sweet-music/

Great, a must read!
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIA View Post

It's not just the new rich, I think a lot of folks in the west don't understand that even the "common" folks here are willing to spend 1 or 2 months of their salary on a hot tech gadget such as an iPhone or iPad. Once Apple gets established here (through the opening of new stores across China in a year or two), the numbers will absolutely knock your socks off. I can see Apple stock hitting $1000 in 2 years, seriously.

True enough. Having the hottest, newest thing has really spread like wildfire in China. They will eventually outspend the Japanese on consumer products.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Midwestmacguy View Post

.... Is it finally time to create a Mac for the common man maybe a 15 in iMac again or a bundle with the Mac mini that allows people that can't spend 2100 on a new Mac a chance to see what the rest of us already know.

"The common man" has already voted .... it's called an iPad!
  • Reply 29 of 30
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 30 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by suzerain View Post

Indeed, you still have to get on a waiting list to get one here in Beijing.

I don't really understand why...but there you go. You can still go buy a grey market Hong Kong one in the electronics markets though. Very bizarre situation. I'd think Apple woud be increasing the amount here, but maybe they're trying to keep inventory scarcity as some kind of strategy for introducing the Chinese to how amazing their products are, or whatever.

I think it's just the simple matter of supply not being able to keep up with demand. And Apple has decided that a shortgage in China will cause less damage than shortages elsewhere, especially since those other places were plagued with shortgages early on and have now reached supply/demand equilibrium (I'm thinking specifically of the US and HK). IMHO, this is good news that they underestimated the demand from China.

BTW, grey market iPhone 4s from HK are currently selling for over 6000 RMB.