Picasso Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    i've always felt that art criticism is as much a reflection of the commenter as it is the artist. when brancusi did the first abstract sculptures, there was rioting in the streets over the raw ill-concept of it all ... now there's probably something very similar sitting in the corner of your favorite office park.

you could sit back and say monet is a guy who just painted a fair version of realism with his glasses off, picasso was adept at using a crayon and warhol had a good understanding of a copy machine aesthetics.

however you feel, the poster you see there is definitely in the classic folon style -- in the same way that cobi from the barcelona olympics was definitely a mariscal.

whatever the perception, these are facts:

* folon had major exhibitions around the world, including the met and the palazzo vecchio.

* folon was awarded the legion of honour (sic) by chirac.

so what's interesting, really, is this guy is a fairly big league "foreign" artist and has been brought in to do an ad for a small company that has had exactly one success: the apple ][. the design that's submitted is, in turn, rejected ...

... and THAT, i think, is really interesting on MANY different levels.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    The best I could find is this - I guess you mean Picasso 'Deux Personnages' ?

Apparently you can buy a replica of this Picasso pic to hang on your wall lol
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coopsey View Post

The best I could find is this - I guess you mean Picasso 'Deux Personnages' ?

Apparently you can buy a replica of this Picasso pic to hang on your wall lol

Have I misunderstood - its the painting that was the inspiration for the browser icon

More on it here ....... Picasso / Apple story