Verizon leak shows Motorola's iPad challenger priced at $799

Comments

• Reply 41 of 191
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HahaHaha321 View Post

The difference is that this tablet will only have a 3G model at launch with Wi-Fi-only coming later. You'll need a contract, just like the 3G iPad..

There is no contract for the 3G iPad.
  • Reply 42 of 191
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by derekmorr View Post

*sigh* Do we really still have to go through this? Fragmentation is a myth. It's a non-issue drummed up to malign Android. There is zero evidence that this alleged "fragmentation" is causing problems...

So if there is no fragmentation then I can take any Android app from a current release Android device and it will run on any other Android device? So those articles I?ve about developers not supporting certain *new* devices and *new* devices not getting the latest version of Android are all false?
  • Reply 43 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I don’t think he plans to be using that username for long. He’s not even trying anymore… he’s just trying.

It seems people have a problem with my username for no reason. And I really don't know why. Is it not good enough for you? When people start judging you based on how creative your username is, that's just sad.
  • Reply 44 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post

Don't you love how the pricing relation is against the iPad v1? When iPad 2 hits the market with more ram and speed, then what?

I don't think the Xoom will be DoA, but I do think it will not sell near as many units as iPads. I'm curious as to how all this competition will play out.

Well, it wouldn't quite be right to compare it to a product that, officially speaking, doesn't even exist.

Yes, I'm pretty sure iPad 2 will leaprog the Xoom. Then the Xoom 2 will leapfrog the iPad 2...

I do like the fact that the Xoom's UI is designed to take advantage of all the space. The iPad's apps do this pretty well, but the homescreen is stuck in iPod mode. Instead of 16 apps (iPhone) you get 24! That's not really a big advantage... iOS 5 better come up with some better use of homepage/notifications...
  • Reply 45 of 191
    Quote:

It seems people seem to have a problem with my username for no reason. And I really don't know why. Is it not good enough for you? Sorry.

Oh, by the way, the iPad 3G does not require a contract. Yes, I know that others have already told you so, however I'm compelled to comment on your ineptitude. Your attitude demands it.

Maybe next time you will research before you post your opinion.

Or don't. Your pathetic flailing is quite entertaining and undoubtedly generates more pageviews for AppleInsider.

Incidentally, I don't give a sh*t about your username.

Have a nice day.
  • Reply 46 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Oh, by the way, the iPad 3G does not require a contract.

Maybe next time you will research before you post your opinion.

Did you not see where I corrected that above? With all that time you seem to spend on this site with all your posts and all, that's surprising. Typical AI arrogance.

People on this website make me ashamed to be typing on a Mac right now. No wonder why so many people hate Apple.
  • Reply 47 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

dead BEFORE arrival, in fact

"Pre-DOA."
  • Reply 48 of 191
    Zzzzzzz . . .
  • Reply 49 of 191
    Quote:

Did you not see where I corrected that above? With all that time you seem to spend on this site with all your posts and all, that's surprising.

I saw what you did.

You C-Y-A-ed. That doesn't change the nature of your original post.

Your hand was caught in the cookie jar and you got burned.

You aren't fooling anyone.
  • Reply 50 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Speaking of what the masses want?
    I wonder if that trend will carry over to Verizon. I think it will, as well as pull customers from non-iPhone carrying carriers.

This whole chart seems wrong to me. There are 292.8 million mobile phone subscribers in the United States, but 308.7 million Americans in the United States.

(Didn't want to include the link, due to TOS)

There are also about 53.9 million kids, 12 years or younger, which would be a good guess as to when kids start getting phones.

Just saying......
  • Reply 51 of 191
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Great. Another thread hijacked and ruined by the schizoid Disciples of Teckstud.

Hey Mods... are you reading this?
  • Reply 52 of 191
    Quote:

Kind of like half the people here, right?

EDIT: i'll go with 90%.

Interesting to note how Moto bad mouthed the ipad by calling it a giant iphone, then build something comparable and proclaim it's difference... If that's not a RDF then what is? Perhaps delusional is better suited to this effort by Motorola.
  • Reply 53 of 191
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dullblade View Post

This whole chart seems wrong to me. There are 292.8 million mobile phone subscribers in the United States, but 308.7 million Americans in the United States.

(Didn't want to include the link, due to TOS)

There are also about 53.9 million kids, 12 years or younger, which would be a good guess as to when kids start getting phones.

Just saying......

You lost me. What about the chart looks wrong? The numbers you mentioned seem accurate to me but I don’t know what that has to do with the population of the US or the chart’s subscriber numbers from the top four MNOs.
  • Reply 54 of 191
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

Didn't realize you worked for Apple or AT&T. Great sales line.

This is not AT&T. You need a regular contract.

I don't need a contract, nor do need AT&T. Ever heard of pre-paid data?
  • Reply 55 of 191
    The pricing seems ok to me. You pay a little more but you much better specs.

Two things to watch. One, how Android deals handles the faster hardware (i.e. does it actually perform twice as quick as the iPad inline with the specs) and two, the release of iPad 2 (which could totally change the value for money aspect of the xoom).
  • Reply 56 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skiracer1987 View Post

Interesting to note how Moto bad mouthed the ipad by calling it a giant iphone, then build something comparable and proclaim it's difference... If that's not a RDF then what is? Perhaps delusional is better suited to this effort by Motorola.

The thing is that while the iPad isn't really like an iPhone, it really does look like one. The homescreen is virtually the same and at first glance, you would think it was in fact a giant-iPhone.

While the Xoom is like the iPad in many respects, I really do like how they did the menu by actually making it suitable for a tablet to not make it look like a phone. I hope Apple does the same. It would really make it stand out even more from the iPhone.
  • Reply 57 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpellino View Post

Seriously? The killer app is going to be accurate weather conditions at any elevation?

And for only $500 more than the iPad?

The line for these things should be - um - out the - um - door!

Where can i find this ipad 32gb with 3g, with front and rear cameras for 300$

Cheers
  • Reply 58 of 191
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Somewhere DaHarder is contemplating downing an entire bottle of Tylernol - hang in there, buddy!!!
  • Reply 59 of 191
    Quote:

The thing is that while the iPad isn't really like an iPhone, it really does look like one. The homescreen is virtually the same and at first glance, you would think it was in fact a giant-iPhone.

While the Xoom is like the iPad in many respects, I really do like how they did the menu by actually making it suitable for a tablet to not make it look like a phone. I hope Apple does the same. It would really make it stand out even more from the iPhone.

For good reason, Apple is going for a standardized interface across it's product line. It's called ease of use... Note the advertising "if you know how to use iphone then you know how to use ipad" (not exact words but you get the meaning). People see it as familiar, there's no learning curve. It's good that the Xoom is different visually - it has to be, of course - and perhaps it has features that are in some ways easier to use and more visually appealing to the ipad, I haven't played with one so I don't know. I hope they make it work well and sell some of them to keep Apple on their toes.
  • Reply 60 of 191
    I completely agree that they should have a lot of consistency between iPhone and iPad. However, if they want people to stop thinking of an iPad as simply a giant iPhone, maybe it would be best if they didn't make it look like one when you first turn it on. What really irks me is how the icons are so spaced out on the homescreen like they didn't want to make use of the screen space. Because that truly does make it look like an oversized phone.