Verizon leak shows Motorola's iPad challenger priced at $799

Comments

• Reply 121 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by derekmorr View Post

Typical fanboy response: Provide no data and call other people names. Ok, I'm done. It's not worth my time talking to you.

Typical lost fandroid. Go back to Android Central and bash Apple there.
  • Reply 122 of 191
    Quote:

Why don't you reply to my point rather than change the subject.

Angry Birds run very well on iOS. But sloppy OS makes blind OS zealot think the code is sloppy, rather than the OS itself.
  • Reply 123 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by d-range View Post

Why is are the Rage and Unreal engines only on iOS you think?

You mean like the Unreal game for Android - http://www.develop-online.net/news/3...e-rumours-grow ?

"Florida-based studio Trendy Entertainment has ported its Dungeon Defenders game ? which was built with UE3 ? to Android devices just days after its iOS release."
  • Reply 124 of 191
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akhomerun View Post

it will probably look more attractive when it's priced with a 2 year contract.

remember, the 3G ipad costs $629 for just a 16GB model. without expandable memory it's hard to recommend spending less than $729 on a 3G ipad.

But will contract pricing actually make a tablet more attractive?

That works for phones because everyone wants and needs a phone. But if you're looking at a subsidized Android tablet you're looking at a fixed monthly cost in addition to your phone's data plan and you're likely to think twice.

I think full price with month to month data availability is the better way to go, ala the iPad and AT&T.
  • Reply 125 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

They already have - it's called 'pricing'. And Apple will sell millions on name recognition alone.

Apple`s pricing for a comparable iPAD is $30 more expensive AND not as powerful/capable as the Xoom.(According to posted specs.)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Booga View Post

The base iPad starts at $499. Apple's average selling price for all iPads sold last quarter-- according to their last quarterly report-- was less than this device will cost. If you factor in first-mover advantages and word-of-mouth over the holidays, combined with Apple's huge retail presence, this tablet would have a hard time competing with the current iPad. It doesn't help matters that it will actually be competing with an upgraded iPad.

Don`t you think it`s kind of disingenuous to compare the cheapest iPad with the Xoom?

The specs of each machine would lead me to compare the Xoom to the 64gb 3G iPad which is $30.00 more expensive AND not as capable as the Xoom.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SinisterJoe View Post

How many people are buying the highest end iPad? My guess is the $499 16GB/wifi-only model is most popular based on what my friends/family have bought. No way of knowing for sure since Apple doesn't release exact sales figures.

Doesn`t matter who is buying the highest end iPad.

The fact remains when compared according to capability the Xoom is a better deal and a better tablet (According to posted specs)

In the end only tech geeks really give a damn.

The masses will continue to drop their $500.00 on the cheapest least capable iPad.
  • Reply 126 of 191
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

It doesn?t seem to have worked well for netbooks.
  • Reply 127 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kingsmuse View Post

Don`t you think it`s kind of disingenuous to compare the cheapest iPad with the Xoom?

The specs of each machine would lead me to compare the Xoom to the 64gb 3G iPad which is $30.00 more expensive AND not as capable as the Xoom.

You say it’s disingenuous to compare the 16GB iPad WiFi to the 32GB Xoom with 3G*— even though he’s not comparing it to the Xoom but making a completely different and valid point — yet you then compare to the 64GB iPad WiFi+3G to claim the device introduced over a year ago is less capable and more expensive.
  • Reply 128 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tawilson View Post

Lol, no it wasn't. The demo consisted of showing a series of videos of the functionality on the device. Smoke and mirrors!

Nope

Seeing as the demos was a series of videos, I highly doubt it, at least not that would have given the journo's anything meaningful.

Perhaps, Moto plans to overcome their disadvantages and high price through merchandising:

[
  • Reply 129 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Yeah, HaHaWhatever is almost certainly tekstud. You can't fake the complete lack of reasoning abilities, the mistaken facts, the backpedaling and claims that one said the opposite of what one did, 3 posts later. "select * from tekstud_knowledge;" still returns 0 rows.

That's the first SQL joke I've seen
  • Reply 130 of 191
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kingsmuse View Post

Apple`s pricing for a comparable iPAD is $30 more expensive AND not as powerful/capable as the Xoom.(According to posted specs.)

Apple's pricing for a comparable iPad is $70 cheaper($729). However, I do agree with your assessment that the Xoom is the paper champ, unfortunately, real-world performance is what determines value - ouchy!!
  • Reply 131 of 191
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

When is Honeycomb due?

After they resolve the Sun patent issues maybe?
  • Reply 132 of 191
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuisDias View Post

Ehhhrrr.... no, no they don't. Most people buy their computers and then just use it. Most people *don't care* about OS versions. Most people don't even *know* their OS version if you ask them.

Not totally disagreeing but that is mostly PC users I think. Even my old friend who is 88 proudly tells me his iMac is now on 10.6.6, it is so simple for him to keep up to date with Apple software update.
  • Reply 133 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuwafuwa View Post

Do you mean sloppy OS?

Quote:

You mean like the Unreal game for Android - http://www.develop-online.net/news/3...e-rumours-grow ?

"Florida-based studio Trendy Entertainment has ported its Dungeon Defenders game ? which was built with UE3 ? to Android devices just days after its iOS release."

Ha, the Android device NEEDS twice the RAM, 200MHz faster CPU than the iOS game. Sounds like a sloppy OS to me, and from my own experience of OWNING an HTC Desire running Android 2.1, I can say Android is indeed shite!
  • Reply 134 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

That works for phones because everyone wants and needs a phone. But if you're looking at a subsidized Android tablet you're looking at a fixed monthly cost in addition to your phone's data plan and you're likely to think twice.

I think full price with month to month data availability is the better way to go, ala the iPad and AT&T.

Maybe, but in the UK you can get a 32GB 3G+WiFi iPad for £199 subsidised with a 2-year contract. So nothing can make an Android Tablet look THAT attractive.
  • Reply 135 of 191
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HahaHaha321 View Post

Why do you think so many people dislike Apple? It's not the products, it's the terrible behavior of the people who use them.

Yea, like Lee Harvey Oswald at the grassy knoll with his Macbook Air and Pablo Escobar snorting coke off his Newton Messagepad screen.
  • Reply 136 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tawilson View Post

Ha, the Android device NEEDS twice the RAM, 200MHz faster CPU than the iOS game. Sounds like a sloppy OS to me, and from my own experience of OWNING an HTC Desire running Android 2.1, I can say Android is indeed shite!

Typical fanboy. Rant and rave, and when you're proven wrong, change the subject, rant and rave some more, and call other technologies names. I honestly wonder why I even bother posting here anymore, since the probability of intelligent conversation is nearly zero.
  • Reply 137 of 191
    Quote:

Typical fanboy. Rant and rave, and when you're proven wrong, change the subject, rant and rave some more, and call other technologies names. I honestly wonder why I even bother posting here anymore, since the probability of intelligent conversation is nearly zero.

When was I proven wrong? The response I was replying to had nothing to do with me.

But my minimum requirements specs were straight from the developers. I didn't pull them out of my ass.

http://androidandme.com/2010/12/game...now-available/

But hey if you want to rant at me go ahead.
  • Reply 138 of 191
    tawilson 1

derekmorr 0
  • Reply 139 of 191
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

tawilson 1

derekmorr 0

Yep Derek,

That's the cost of being all emotional. You fire straight from the hip without thinking thugs through. :-P

Feel free to come back for another slice of humble pie anytime.
  • Reply 140 of 191
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HahaHaha321 View Post

Didn't realize you worked for Apple or AT&T. Great sales line.

This is not AT&T. You need a regular contract.

Some people don't realize when it is better to shut their mouth and hope nobody notices.