Apple's white iPhone 4 appears on track for spring release in AT&T system

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    The phone actually started to show up on Orange UK's website early this morning

http://www.iosnoops.com/2011/01/24/w...gement-system/
  • Reply 22 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilgto64 View Post

I would have two of each - black and white - in my family - but had to go with 4 black.

hoping there will be a 4GS or 4S or whatever - this year - so that iPhone 5 can come out next year when my two years is up. remains to be seen whether it will be a compelling upgrade for me.

more likely would be an iPad2 as my next purchase - assuming that comes out this year.

Why would it matter if there is a "4GS" and then a 5, instead of a 5 and then a 6? Either way you're waiting 2 years and getting the same technologies.
  • Reply 23 of 66
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanaCameron View Post

Not many, I'd wager, but I'm sure Apple will have difficulty meeting demand when they launch all the same. I wonder why Apple hasn't developed a broader range of colors (either in addition to, or in lieu of, the white); a product(RED) version seemed like a given.

I would wager that if Apple has only started with a white one , and then belatedly come out with the blackone , They would have be judged as racist

While on this theme. I think we should paint the White House all the colors of the rainbow. Imagine how symbolic that would be.

lol
  • Reply 24 of 66
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:

I would have two of each - black and white - in my family - but had to go with 4 black.

hoping there will be a 4GS or 4S or whatever - this year - so that iPhone 5 can come out next year when my two years is up. remains to be seen whether it will be a compelling upgrade for me.

more likely would be an iPad2 as my next purchase - assuming that comes out this year.

Maybe a white iPad 2...?
  • Reply 25 of 66
    envirogenvirog Posts: 188member
    Quote:

Not many, I'd wager, but I'm sure Apple will have difficulty meeting demand when they launch all the same. I wonder why Apple hasn't developed a broader range of colors (either in addition to, or in lieu of, the white); a product(RED) version seemed like a given.

I've wondered the same thing.
  • Reply 26 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rdjlexky View Post

Who's gonna buy one now (or in April) with the next generation undoubtedly being released less than 60 days afterwards?

Who's gonna buy Beatles from iTunes?
  • Reply 27 of 66
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:

Hopefully Apple didn't do product(red) because they know how much of a scam that "charity" is.
  • Reply 28 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

And why should they have let it go if they end up selling them?

Because it isn't going to sell with its successor due out so shortly afterwards.

Not even Microsoft would be bone-headed enough to release both a product and its successor at the same time.
  • Reply 29 of 66
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sippincider View Post

Because it isn't going to sell with its successor due out so shortly afterwards.

Not even Microsoft would be bone-headed enough to release both a product and its successor at the same time.

Are you serious?

And I suppose that no one buys the 3 or 3G anymore either?
  • Reply 30 of 66
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:

Don't forget that the new phone will not have a global rollout - some countries will probably be waiting for the next version 6 months out from its release in the US.
  • Reply 31 of 66
    Quote:

...so that iPhone 5 can come out next year ...

It's hilarious that you think Apple would name their sixth iPhone "iPhone 5".
  • Reply 32 of 66
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

That has shown not to be the case, as other posters have stated with the previous year’s model still for sale. While there is a huge surge when a new model is released, that initial surge pales in comparison to the total number of units sold annually around the world.

On top of that, if they are still having issues with production and need to QC units more frequently, this lower-than-normal demand resulting from the end-of-cycle release might be exactly what they need to keep supply and demand in balance.

Note the first 16GB iPhone arrived a little more than 7 months after the original iPhone was released (June 29th, 2007 v. February 5th, 2008). You might think, “Yeah, but that was 16GB, not 4 or 8GB”, and the rebuttal to that is, “Yeah, but that’s the elusive white iPhone, not the common black iPhone.” I assure you there will be people that care more about the color of the glass than the capacity of the flash storage.
  • Reply 33 of 66
    recrec Posts: 217member
    New customers are buying iPhones all the time. How many new iPhones did Apple sell last quarter again? Yeah...

If they get a white one to market, it will be that many more models and options for customers to choose from. Even if the "iPhone4GS" is 2 months after that, it won't matter. Apple will still sell several million white iPhones inside that 2 month window.
  • Reply 34 of 66
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by REC View Post

New customers are buying iPhones all the time. How many new iPhones did Apple sell last quarter again? Yeah...

If they get a white one to market, it will be that many more models and options for customers to choose from. Even if the "iPhone4GS" is 2 months after that, it won't matter. Apple will still sell several million white iPhones inside that 2 month window.

Here is a graph and stats from all iPhone quarters.
    2010 is particularly interesting. Even with Gizmodo?s ?leak? and the 5 week (?) lead time between the iPhone announcement and release, as well as the 3 year precedence of a Summer iPhone release the iPhone 3GS was still very well.

In fact, the last 3 quarters in its release cycle as the paramount iPhone model was higher than it?s initial first full quarter. As a reminder the new iPhone typically has gone on sale the weekend before the the end of the quarter, but even when subtracting those 1M units the number for the previous year?s model are still very, very high? and at a non-reduced price-point.
  • Reply 35 of 66
    Maybe for iPhone 5? I think I can wait.
  • Reply 36 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's hilarious that you think Apple would name their sixth iPhone "iPhone 5".

And Nikon called their 27th DSLR a D90. What a crocodile!
  • Reply 37 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

Hopefully Apple didn't do product(red) because they know how much of a scam that "charity" is.

Really? Sorry, I hadn't heard that product(RED) was a scam. At any rate, it seems odd to me that Apple hasn't introduced color options for the iPhone 4. I think they'd sell well.
  • Reply 38 of 66
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:

Really? Sorry, I hadn't heard that product(RED) was a scam. At any rate, it seems odd to me that Apple hasn't introduced color options for the iPhone 4. I think they'd sell well.

I vote pink. But it doesn't appear that Apple is interested.
  • Reply 39 of 66
    both my wife and my girlfriend have been waiting patiently.
  • Reply 40 of 66
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

You don't think that "total incompetence" is a bit overboard?

And why should they have let it go if they end up selling them?

You're trying to reason with a known troll. Disregard him.

Even with the iP5 6 months away, they're still set to sell millions of iP4's anyways. It's not like everyone is going to stop buying them. So I think it's better late than never. I'm curious how many of them they will sell.

Please stop feeding iLiver, iTroll, or whatever alias he's going under.