Apple's white iPhone 4 appears on track for spring release in AT&T system

Comments

• Reply 41 of 66
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

I vote pink. But it doesn't appear that Apple is interested.

What are you talking about? They are going to sell Playboy.
  • Reply 42 of 66
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's hilarious that you think Apple would name their sixth iPhone "iPhone 5".

It's odd that you sound so confident about that. So you think the name iPhone 6 is more likely than the iPhone 5? I'll bet you $1000, giving you 10 to one odds, and I'll take the 5, you take the 6. Any other name is a push. Surely you'd take that bet right?
  • Reply 43 of 66
    Quote:

It's odd that you sound so confident about that. So you think the name iPhone 6 is more likely than the iPhone 5? I'll bet you $1000, giving you 10 to one odds, and I'll take the 5, you take the 6. Any other name is a push. Surely you'd take that bet right?

I don't bet on any name for the sixth other than it not being called iPhone 5.
  • Reply 44 of 66
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Why is his only option would be iPhone 6?

Note, I think it’s the first window for an LTE iPhone, or an iPhone with ‘4G’. Of course, now that AT&T has followed T-Mobile’s lead with ‘4G’ nomenclature that first window could be an iPhone with HSPA+ HW. But what phone has been released with HSPA+, as defined as a minimum of HSDPA Release 7 Category 13 with a minimum theoretical DL rate of 17.6Mbps? I can’t recall any that were even announced at CES. Considering that is 4x the QAM of the iPhone 4 and/or the addition of MIMO I don’t think that will be a possibility until at least 2012 either.

Why do you think the 6th generation of the iPhone will be the iPhone 5? The naming of the iPhone 3G and the subsequent 3GS were obvious, just as the iPhone 4 is obvious as it’s the 4th generation iPhone.
  • Reply 45 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Why is his only option would be iPhone 6?

For the same reason my only option is iPhone 5. Clearly he implied that since it's the 6th iPhone (in his mind), iPhone 5 is less likely than iPhone 6. I just wanted him to put his money where his mouth is. Clearly he's not able to do that. Taking the field? Very bold of him. We push if the name is anything but 5 or 6. I think 5 is more likely than 6. If he really thought 6 was more likely than 5, wouldn't you think he'd take 10 to 1 odds? Wouldn't you if you thought that?

Quote:

Why do you think the 6th generation of the iPhone will be the iPhone 5? The naming of the iPhone 3G and the subsequent 3GS were obvious, just as the iPhone 4 is obvious as it’s the 4th generation iPhone.

Because I think that no one at Apple thinks of the Verizon iPhone as the 5th. Apple's naming of it sure supports me.
  • Reply 46 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don't bet on any name for the sixth other than it not being called iPhone 5.

And what do you bet on for the 5th?
  • Reply 47 of 66
    Quote:

For the same reason my only option is iPhone 5. Clearly he implied that since it's the 6th iPhone (in his mind), iPhone 5 is less likely than iPhone 6. I just wanted him to put his money where his mouth is. Clearly he's not able to do that. Taking the field? Very bold of him. We push if the name is anything but 5 or 6. I think 5 is more likely than 6. If he really thought 6 was more likely than 5, wouldn't you think he'd take 10 to 1 odds? Wouldn't you if you thought that?

1) Why do you think the G6 iPhone would be called iPhone 5?

2) If you put $10k into escrow I?ll put up $1k.
  • Reply 48 of 66
    Quote:

1) Why do you think the G6 iPhone would be called iPhone 5?

2) If you put $10k into escrow I?ll put up $1k.

10K's above my pay grade. But I'll absolutely put in 1K to win your $100 on it.

The G6 iPhone is not the 6th, that's why. It's the 5th. We are talking about the one coming this June, right? I can't believe more than one person is going this crazy.
  • Reply 49 of 66
    eulereuler Posts: 81member
    I'm betting on 4G...
  • Reply 50 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by euler View Post

I'm betting on 4G...

I think the odds of it being a 4G phone are pretty low, and I don't think Apple will consider HSPA+ to be 4G, and if that's all true, I don't see them naming it 4G.
  • Reply 51 of 66
    Quote:

10K's above my pay grade. But I'll absolutely put in 1K to win your $100 on it.

The G6 iPhone is not the 6th, that's why. It's the 5th. We are talking about the one coming this June, right? I can't believe more than one person is going this crazy.

This is why people think you are trolling! It’s these irrational statements and backpedaling.

You stated $10k and now you are saying $1k. I’ll take that bet. Put the money into a reputable escrow and I’ll put in my $100… as well as pay the service fee if you win.
    1. June 2007 — FIRST generation iPhone

2. July 2008 — SECOND generation iPhone

3. June 2009 — THIRD generation iPhone

4. June 2010 — FOURTH generation iPhone (They called it the iPhone 4 for frak’s sake!)

5. Feb 2011 — FOURTH generation iPhone, but with CDMA radios (Because I think this may be where you are getting bungled up despite my queries you should note Apple calls it the iPhone 4)

6. Summerish 2011 — FIFTH generation iPhone

7. Summerish 2012 — SIXTH generation iPhone

Again, why exactly do you think the 6th generation iPhone arriving in 2012 will be called the iPhone 5?
  • Reply 52 of 66
    Quote:

This is why people think you are trolling! It’s these irrational statements and backpedaling.

You stated $10k and now you are saying $1k. I’ll take that bet. Put the money into a reputable escrow and I’ll put in my $100… as well as pay the service fee if you win.

Far as I recall, only you have been called a troll today. Sorry. I don't believe I ever have, but hey who knows. I suppose you just did, though. So there's something!

Maybe I don't gamble enough. I said "<B>I'll bet you $1000</B>, giving you 10 to one odds, and I'll take the 5, you take the 6."

Perhaps I'm naive, but I meant that I'd bet MY $1000 at 10 to one odds against his $100. If you want to think that's backpedaling, that's fine, but that's what I meant.

Quote:
    1. June 2007 — FIRST generation iPhone

2. July 2008 — SECOND generation iPhone

3. June 2009 — THIRD generation iPhone

4. June 2010 — FOURTH generation iPhone (They called it the iPhone 4 for frak’s sake!)

5. Feb 2011 — FOURTH generation iPhone, but with CDMA radios (Because I think this may be where you are getting bungled up despite my queries you should note Apple calls it the iPhone 4)

6. Summerish 2011 — FIFTH generation iPhone

7. Summerish 2012 — SIXTH generation iPhone

Again, why exactly do you think the 6th generation iPhone arriving in 2012 will be called the iPhone 5?

All I said, in the message you quoted, was "We are talking about the one coming this June, right? I can't believe more than one person is going this crazy." If that's not the one you're talking about, then this is just a misunderstanding. Of course I don't think a 2012 iPhone would be called a iPhone 5.

I think you need a zoloft. You seem on edge about this.
  • Reply 53 of 66
    Quote:

I don't gamble enough. I said "<B>I'll bet you $1000</B>, giving you 10 to one odds, and I'll take the 5, you take the 6."

Perhaps I'm naive, but I meant that I'd bet MY $1000 at 10 to one odds against his $100. If you want to think that's backpedaling, that's fine, but that's what I meant.

I certainly don’t gamble much. I clearly read that as Tallest Skil betting $1000 and you giving him 10x that amount. I would think the way you explain it is more likely.

Quote:

You're having a little trouble reading. All I said, in the message you quoted, was "We are talking about the one coming this June, right? I can't believe more than one person is going this crazy.”

You responded to a poster that was responding to poster who clearly wrote "hoping there will be a 4GS or 4S or whatever - this year - so that iPhone 5 can come out next year when my two years is up. remains to be seen whether it will be a compelling upgrade for me.”

I added more of the original message, but the truncated message clear states the part of the comment I bolded. If this was still 2010 I’d see your point. It’s not, so I don’t.

edit: I confused your username with chronster regarding you being referred to a troll for flip flopping you comments. I still disagree with your assessment, but I sincerely apologize for the username confusion.
  • Reply 54 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joe in miami View Post

both my wife and my girlfriend have been waiting patiently.

Class! lol
  • Reply 55 of 66
    A white iPhone 4 would never be released with the iPhone 5 coming so shortly afterwards.

It will be true only if there is an white iPhone 5, and the iPhone 4 products are discounted like Apple and AT&T did for the iPhone 3G/GS.
  • Reply 56 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

A white iPhone 4 would never be released with the iPhone 5 coming so shortly afterwards.

Oh. Really. Just like the iPhone 2G would never be released four months before the iPhone 3G.
  • Reply 57 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beauty of Bath View Post

Who's gonna buy Beatles from iTunes?

You're comparing a digital good to a product that's at the end of its life cycle?
  • Reply 58 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rdjlexky View Post

You're comparing a digital good to a product that's at the end of its life cycle?

It's a poor comparison, but it stands because the latter has absolutely no meaning whatsoever.
  • Reply 59 of 66
    Quote:

Maybe I don't gamble enough. I said "<B>I'll bet you $1000</B>, giving you 10 to one odds, and I'll take the 5, you take the 6."

I don't gamble at all, but when you place a bet the odds change the payout. So betting $1000 with 10:1 would mean you both are betting $1000 and if he won you pay 10 times that and if you won he pays 1 times that. I'm not saying you were going back on the bet. you may have simply not understood how the odds affect the bet. I do agree with the rest of them that it would be extremely unlikely that the 6th iPhone would be called iPhone 5. I'm not so sure they will be releasing one in the june/july 2011 time frame either. although if they do, I'm guessing that will be the iPhone 4s with just a SoC bump.
  • Reply 60 of 66
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:

Far as I recall, only you have been called a troll today. Sorry. I don't believe I ever have, but hey who knows. I suppose you just did, though. So there's something!

All I said, in the message you quoted, was "We are talking about the one coming this June, right? I can't believe more than one person is going this crazy." If that's not the one you're talking about, then this is just a misunderstanding. Of course I don't think a 2012 iPhone would be called a iPhone 5.

I think you need a zoloft. You seem on edge about this.

You're wasting your time arguing with that one. As I recall he wasted page upon page of his 22,000 trolling posts not knowing the definition of the word "decade."