Apple's white iPhone 4 appears on track for spring release in AT&T system

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

You don't think that "total incompetence" is a bit overboard?

And why should they have let it go if they end up selling them?

No I don't. I do think that otherwise I would not have written it.

It was promised last June and gets delivered in March- 3 months before the next product up grade????

Unless it has a new antenna design like the Verizon iPhone it makes no sense.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PopinFRESH View Post

I don't gamble at all, but when you place a bet the odds change the payout. So betting $1000 with 10:1 would mean you both are betting $1000 and if he won you pay 10 times that and if you won he pays 1 times that. I'm not saying you were going back on the bet. you may have simply not understood how the odds affect the bet. I do agree with the rest of them that it would be extremely unlikely that the 6th iPhone would be called iPhone 5. I'm not so sure they will be releasing one in the june/july 2011 time frame either. although if they do, I'm guessing that will be the iPhone 4s with just a SoC bump.

maybe it was not stated as clearly as could be but I read that as saying that if you are betting $100 - I will give you 10:1 odds - meaning that if you lose I get your $100 and if you win I will pay out at 10:1 meaning I pay you $1000.

The person offering the $1000 acting as the house in this case accepting the bet of $100 at a 10:1 payout being $1000 - not the person with the $1000 placing a 10:1 odds bet with a $10,000 payout.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh. Really. Just like the iPhone 2G would never be released four months before the iPhone 3G.

http://the.taoofmac.com/space/com/Apple/iPhone

Sorry for the troll, but I think your mistaken here. the original iPhone (2G) was released a year before the iPhone 3G, as has become a yearly product life cycle.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's a poor comparison, but it stands because the latter has absolutely no meaning whatsoever.

If Apple follows their current path and slashes the iPhone 4's price to $99, then I suppose the white 4 would sell. But $2-300 for a phone that's going to be phased out in under 90 days, simply because it's white?
  • Reply 65 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PopinFRESH View Post

Sorry for the troll, but I think you're mistaken here. the original iPhone (2G) was released a year before the iPhone 3G, as has become a yearly product life cycle.

Not in France, Germany, the U.K., etc, etc... Our country isn't the entire world.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rdjlexky View Post

If Apple follows their current path and slashes the iPhone 4's price to $99, then I suppose the white 4 would sell. But $2-300 for a phone that's going to be phased out in under 90 days, simply because it's white?

Yep. It'll sell. Because it's Apple. Millions of people couldn't care less. Those who do know to wait.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

You're trying to reason with a known troll. Disregard him.

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up.