New 'iPad is iconic' ad touts 60,000 apps

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple has begun showing a new commercial that highlights a growing number of iPad-specific apps, now pushing past 60,000 titles.

The spot, "iPad is iconic," highlights such apps as the "fresh" djay virtual turntables, "tickets" using American Airlines' iPad app, "news" depicting video embedded in the digital copy of the Wall Street Journal, "stories" in Apple's own iBook shelf, "students" and "teachers" both using Pages from iWork, "hollywood" depicting the Movie Slate app, and "iconic" featuring Vanity Fair.

Within the ad, an odometer-like counter of iPad apps turns over to 60,000, a number the company hit just days ago as it approached its 10 billionth iOS app download.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    I really want the movie slate app....then again, I need an iPad too
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Is the "Teachers" portion really using Pages? I didn't know you had the ability to draw on documents like that.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    showing a children's book in iBooks was brilliant. ereaders have a long way to go before they look that good.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Meh...flash video.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple has begun showing a new commercial that highlights a growing number of iPad-specific apps, now pushing past 60,000 titles.

The spot, "iPad is iconic," highlights such apps as ... (snip)

I replayed this series of iPad ads several times yesterday, they're great - and 'iconic' is the most interesting of the titles.

Five other good iPad descriptions are in the video (link) where Sarah Lacy asks some hotshots why the iPad is 'more than just a cool device'.

Messrs. Zuckerberg, Crowley, Hoffman, Katzenberg, and Doerr each take a stab at it.

Anyone have an opinion, as to which of these answers stands out?

'hotshots'

iPad TV ads
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splash-reverse View Post

Meh...flash video.

Not if you have ClickToFlash 2.1. It loaded as an MP4 for me

Now if only they made a plugin for the iOS devices to do the same their