how was your first night single?

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
mmmmkay, I just came back from a major party. As some of you will know, I left my girlfirend after a 7 year relationship.

How is it that as soon as you leave or are left by someone, you attract 10x more women? Is it an aura of somekind? Os it just your attitude?

I had about a dozen girls all over me last night that, for some weird ass reason, I sort of tried to dodge. One would see the other talking to me, get jelous, bitch at the other, interrupt, etc... Weird thing when you have a bunch of nice looking chicks in a disco start fighting over you... damn... what have I been missing out on these last 7 years???????? Ugh... confusion.

Man... what the hell am I doing home alone in the end? I guess they all beat themselves up or something. Just too frikken weird!!!

I'm sure some of you guys and/or girls have had other experiences of this kind. Fess up.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    seven years?

Which one of you had the fear of commitment?
  • Reply 2 of 31
    umm,

well kinda... i broke up with mine after 10 years about 3 years ago... but i didn't go to any 'discos'... i've gone out to see bands but not to hook up with anything that's gonna frequent nightspots(too old fer that)... dated a freak fer a year(she was gorgeous... so i found it tolerable/fell in love anyway)... all my gal-pals have been trying to hook me up with their single friends but after that 10 years zo, i've found i'm very picky. i spent a good year sorting things out... before i hooked up with that aforementioned hotty. i'm glad i did... it helped me see things, see her and my ex... helped me decide what i'm after. a monogamous/egalitarian one... a lifetime of it.

good to get an ego boost tho' zo...

cuss

p.s. i've always been a loner with a gang of hobbies... so it's easy fer me. whatever gets you through it is kingodhell... just be safe. 1 in 4 have herpes. 50 percent of those show no symptoms and don't know they've got it and condoms don't work on that... at a disco? well dood, you might be lookin' at much higher numbers.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    if you notice, he said that he left her....
  • Reply 4 of 31
    yeah zo... give us some details.

we have no lives,

cuss
  • Reply 5 of 31
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Man, I could never dream of leaving my girlfriend.........
  • Reply 6 of 31
    oops... i just noticed. she left me... sorry. subconscious wish... freudian stroke slip. heheee... which brings me to the orthopsychiatric journals i poured over fer a year afterwards...

naw... won't get started on that. suffice it to say that it depends very much on how yer respective parents got along... and who feared real committment. I discovered i balked at the thought of marriage to her fer some very strange reasons, ones i wasn't very aware of at the time... subconscious stuff ya know?

cuss
  • Reply 7 of 31
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>Man, I could never dream of leaving my girlfriend.........</strong><hr></blockquote>

So you really think you're gunna be with her forever?
  • Reply 8 of 31
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    I broke up with my wife after 13 years together about 4 years ago,since then my love life has been downright weird,one relationship after another that starts to get off the ground then ends in a spectacular fashion-crash and burn.I thought I met the girl of my dreams last week,actually I had known her as a friend for a while,but I was talking to her one night and she spilled her heart out to me and since then she either is filled with enthusiasm when she sees me,or won't even say hello-basically I've decided not to talk to her,which I am sure will make her want me,then when I want her she'll run away...and the cycle continues.The last girl before that,I went to her house one night and was attacked by pit bulls,which didn't worry me much,just the dogs smelled horrible-like a dead possum-she let the dogs run freely on her bed,god,I had to get out of there.I never called her again.Now summer is coming and the town will be filled with hundreds of Irish and Russian girls-open season begins-and I plan to have a good one.
  • Reply 9 of 31
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    uuuuugh....

the morning has arrived...

I just started going through the forums and saw a thread by me! I freaked out a moment thinking someone had started a thread with my login/pass! Then I suddenly remembered that I HAD written this thread.... oooooh... it was one of those nigthts.

Actually quite surprised I wrote so well!! Dang

Umm, so details you want?

It was a 7 year thing going on and we had some amazing times together. Some people say I'm nuts because she is just simply beautiful girl and intelligent (very) and this and that...

But, I just felt all of a sudden that the love ran out on my part. We got together when we were both 19 and now we are 26... I really really need to get out and change. I feel I have to do it. I was a bit confused at first. I was talking to myself kind of amazed that I didnt have love for her anymore... I just couldnt think of it. I then realized finally that I had to accept the fact that I wasnt in love anymore. It just ended. Pooof. I didnt think it was possible... but it is.

I tried in many ways to try and kickstart myself to love her again... but decided that was stupid. Either you love or you don't. It comes from within.

So, instead of continue living a lie, I just ended it. Who knows, maybe in a few months or even a few years we'll get back together again. For now though, I'm scaring myself because I really dont miss her at all... as if she was just a friend you hear every now and then. Its friggen weird.

Why did I go to a disco? Well, old college buddies just finished studies and told me to get my ass over and party... so I didnt take much convincing.

In any case, it was a wild wild party. The weather has finally become something resembling Summer here so the girls are all getting really sexy and 'un'dressed. The hormones are exploding and its just chaos in general. What I still can't figure out is how I DIDNT end up coming home with a girl :-/ Bah, I guess now that its morning Im glad I didnt. I wouldn't have liked to find someone beside me this morning... just want to be alone.

Little Cuss... you sound like me in 10 year
  • Reply 10 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by little cuss:

<strong>

naw... won't get started on that. suffice it to say that it depends very much on how yer respective parents got along... and who feared real committment. I discovered i balked at the thought of marriage to her fer some very strange reasons, ones i wasn't very aware of at the time... subconscious stuff ya know?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

now that you mention it... I'm having a clearly parallel "lifestyle" as my Dad. Thats all I really need to say. I guess your 'studies' have helped someone else too thanks
  • Reply 11 of 31
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Well, it wasn't until I started dating someone that suddenly about 8 of my female friends started letting it be known they liked me. My girlfriend was still living in CA at the time while I was in Boston... *shrugs*
  • Reply 12 of 31
    Girlfriends!?

You must be kidding...we're computer nerds. Nerds don't get chicks. I can't leave the house because within an hour I'll NEED to have access to a computer. Yes, I know it's a problem but because I get creative at odd times, being at a bar without a way to be productive just kills me.

Not to mention I frequently get song ideas especially when seeing crappy bands at smokey bars. Check my band out <a href="http://www.misery-index.com"; target="_blank">HERE</a> to see what I mean.

\\m/
  • Reply 13 of 31
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    [quote]So you really think you're gunna be with her forever? <hr></blockquote>

That or no one else. I just know I dont deserve someone like her. She's the only one who truly believes in me and makes me believe. I couldnt do without her. I just pray that she'll never leave me.

I'm not going to get into the details of my whole life or what not, but distance has started to take its toll on us I feel. What we need is a good talk about things.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic:

<strong>Girlfriends!?

You must be kidding...we're computer nerds. Nerds don't get chicks. I can't leave the house because within an hour I'll NEED to have access to a computer. Yes, I know it's a problem but because I get creative at odd times, being at a bar without a way to be productive just kills me.

Not to mention I frequently get song ideas especially when seeing crappy bands at smokey bars. Check my band out <a href="http://www.misery-index.com"; target="_blank">HERE</a> to see what I mean.

\\m/</strong><hr></blockquote>

everyone needs someone...

bars have napkins, i cary a pen

[ 05-18-2002: Message edited by: janitor ]</p>
  • Reply 15 of 31
    patmcfar8patmcfar8 Posts: 84member
    I've been in a relationship for about 2.5 years. Sadly, I think the love is dissapearing... Don't know what to do about it. Don't know if I want to do anything about it. Sometimes I think it's time to move on, but it's not that easy... yet life goes on. I'll figure it out... soon I hope.
  • Reply 16 of 31
    little cusslittle cuss Posts: 150member
    well zo,

in a long term relationship, yer gonna fall out of love. sadly, it's as natural as falling in love at the first of one... and, i don't know a single long-term relationship that didn't suffer the doldrums and doubts of falling out, many, many times. going through just that is how we learn to love forever. it's what you do in that dark time, based on what was imprinted upon you as a child, that counts the most. the good times and bad times always pass.

go easy my friend,

cuss
  • Reply 17 of 31
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    sometimes you never realize just how much you love someone/thing until it is taken away from you. Take a vacation, like, by yourself for a couple of weeks. Doing something like that always reminds me how much I love my girlfriend.
  • Reply 18 of 31
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    The best thing to do is find some fat Irish girls,then you wil be happy.
  • Reply 19 of 31
    little cuss, thanks for some of that advice. I am of the opinion that, just as everything in nature, we go by cycles. My cycle with her, for now at least, is over.

Its been a week to this day that I ended it and I have 'forced' myself not to have any communication with her at all. I tried calling her today but there was no answer so I left a message. Just wanted to know how she is doing and stuff like that.

Nonetheless I feel pretty good being alone. Had a great weekend with friends... was great weather and life keeps going.

any more advice is well taken
  • Reply 20 of 31
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by little cuss:

<strong>well zo,

in a long term relationship, yer gonna fall out of love. sadly, it's as natural as falling in love at the first of one... and, i don't know a single long-term relationship that didn't suffer the doldrums and doubts of falling out, many, many times. going through just that is how we learn to love forever. it's what you do in that dark time, based on what was imprinted upon you as a child, that counts the most. the good times and bad times always pass.

go easy my friend,

cuss</strong><hr></blockquote>

Have children, then there will be predetermined steps you must take.