how was your first night single?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic:

<strong>Girlfriends!?

You must be kidding...we're computer nerds. Nerds don't get chicks.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nerds with money get girlfriends.

Of course, at this point I don't have much money, and even so I'm not in a location where there's a real concern over it. Lastly, I'm not saying that money is a good way to get girlfriends, but it does have the same affect as pheremones.

edit:

Listened to your band's MP3's. What is your part in the band?

I pulled it up in iTunes and the Genre was "Grindcore." I take it that's self-titled. It's what I call "Improv Death Metal." Not too unique, but I guess there's a place for it or else nobody would do it. Good luck.

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: Splinemodel ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 31
    little cusslittle cuss Posts: 150member
    well pal,

and this is coming from her side of things. coming as i do similarly from the side of the rejectee... i wouldn't call her or pretend you want to be friends. you made yer juice right? so stew in it. she's not okay right now... and that's not much of an assumption right? think of it this way, how many ex hubby's and wives are anything but civil? and if they don't have kids, how many of those 'stay in touch' or check to see if the other's okay? you know the answer...

Don't take all this too harshly but i came from a very stable and loving two-parent background... my ex didn't and when she came home one day and said she was leaving... well zo, i was devestated... for as much as i was imprinted to trust everything would be okay, she was imprinted to leave without warning. so if this girl's got a soul... she's dying inside right now. i feel it's best you don't add to her grief by 'checking to see if she's okay' when you know goddamned good and well she's not okay right now...

good luck again,

cuss
  • Reply 23 of 31
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    [quote]Originally posted by little cuss:

well pal,

and this is coming from her side of things. coming as i do similarly from the side of the rejectee... i wouldn't call her or pretend you want to be friends. you made yer juice right? so stew in it. she's not okay right now... and that's not much of an assumption right? think of it this way, how many ex hubby's and wives are anything but civil? and if they don't have kids, how many of those 'stay in touch' or check to see if the other's okay? you know the answer...

<hr></blockquote>

Well, matter of fact I have always had great friendships with all my "exes" before. I never said I dont like her anymore. I still have strong feeling for her and 'love her' like a sister or someone very close. I just dont love her like I used to, like a normal in-love couple normally does.

Also, she took the whole thing 'pretty well'. I really want to be friends and Im even open to the thought and idea of getting back to gether... just not now.. not for a while.

So obviously I DONT want to keep her hanging like a toy (thats just bastardly and I know how it feels) but I also dont want to just disappear as if we hadnt spent a quarter of our lives together and had never happened.

[quote]

Don't take all this too harshly but i came from a very stable and loving two-parent background... my ex didn't and when she came home one day and said she was leaving... well zo, i was devestated... for as much as i was imprinted to trust everything would be okay, she was imprinted to leave without warning. so if this girl's got a soul... she's dying inside right now. i feel it's best you don't add to her grief by 'checking to see if she's okay' when you know goddamned good and well she's not okay right now...

good luck again,

cuss<hr></blockquote>

I feel Im in the classic 'damned if you do damned if you dont' situation. I want to be close to her and see how she is because, to be honest, I do care. But obviously, its BECAUSE of me that she may not be doing to good. Ugh. Dammit.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    sundaesundae Posts: 31member
    I read it somewhere that it is common to fall out of love with the one that you are with. The excitment is just gone because the two persons are too close to each other. They have less things to say because they do things together... and the everyday nitty-griddy stuff start to interfer those romantic moment.

That is what a young man told an older guy about his current situation. And the young man asked what he could do.

The old guy said. "love her".

But the young guy protest, and say he doesn't feel like he is in love anymore.

The old guy reply. "love her".

Again, the young guy explain that he feel differently about her now.

The old guy once again, reply "love her".

And the young guy finally get it.

Love is not just a feeling.

Love is not just a noun.

Love is also a verb.

When love fall out of the equation within the relationship, what is need is action.

Love start with "just a thought", and if you truly believe it is gone, you are just wishing it away.

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: Sundae ]</p>
  • Reply 25 of 31
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    I think that any person is insane if they are with someone merely for financial reasons. I have a lot of aspirations in life, and if I go ahead with these goals and achieve them, then I am afraid that I will sort of be in the public eye. The thing is I really don't want that. Why? I feel that if I had notoriety people would see my girlfriend as being with because of that. I don't want to put her in that position. I know that she has been there for me before all of that and SHE is the one that believes in me. She loved me before that. Yet I still want to achieve my goals.

We are shaky and I really haven't been able to think straight or do much recently. I can live with her being so far away, yet I can't. We have talked and it's obvious to both of us that we aren't as close anymore, yet we have never lost any feelings for each other. I love her more than ever, and I can only let it grow. But how can we be as close if she's not there for me? She admits it herself. Sometimes I honestly don't get it, or get her. Here she is with the chance to be there for me, but she doesnt take it. Or at least that's what I feel like it is. Of course I realize she has things that she has to do.

I'm totally devoted to her and I just want to be there for her. She has made it pretty clear that school is her #1 priority, not me. Anywayz of course she lives in NC, and whenever I want to meet, she always has something else to do. She says she had it planned long ago, yet she never tells me and it always seems to be a different thing that she does when I want to be with her. I don't know...

I do everything for this girl, seriously. It just kills me that I can't be there to do everything else that I can't do for her while I am here.

I have no clue why I'm writing this....
  • Reply 26 of 31
    i hear u.

LDR is hard on both parties. While u think u are doing everything for her, she may be doing lot of things she wanted before making the "ultimate sacrifice". One of u have to move and it is very likely that it is going to be her, unless u realize that and make the sacrifice yourself.

Take this as a "drunk blabbling", but I think if u luv her so much, she is worth the wait.

In the meantime, think ahead, months ahead to make plan to be with her, so that she will make way of your arrival. It works better and u both have that to look forward to.

i will stop now. Good luck.

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: Sundae ]</p>
  • Reply 27 of 31
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Listen. I always tell her I can come there. She rejects me.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    About attracting 10x more women. It's the same when you first get a girlfriend. The secret is you're not really looking and they can sense that.

I wish you good luck ! It's always rough when you break up with someone. The only similar feeling is when someone has died.

I haven't had a relationship in 2 years now. The last one crashed and burned rather badly. At my age ( I just turned 49 ) it's just that much more difficult to find one. Still you never know.

Anyway stiff upper lip and all that. Try not to carry baggage from this relationship into the next.

[ 05-23-2002: Message edited by: jimmac ]</p>
  • Reply 29 of 31
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    [quote]Girlfriends!?

You must be kidding...we're computer nerds. Nerds don't get chicks. I can't leave the house because within an hour I'll NEED to have access to a computer. Yes, I know it's a problem but because I get creative at odd times, being at a bar without a way to be productive just kills me.<hr></blockquote>

I have an idea, Why don't you get that little comment and stick it straight up your a$$???

If you want to consider yourself a nerd, that doesn't mean that the rest of all the people posting are nerds. Some just like to do something differently than wintel people. Try to think about it as a way to become better Creative Professionals. And While you're at it, try telling the moderators that i don't like my Junior Member Status.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    The Junior member status will change to member automatically after a pre-set number of posts.

To gain that status, u just need to post more.

And nerds do have girlfriends. And many do meet online.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    There's nothing wrong with being a nerd,I don't consider solely to be a nerd,but that is a side of me,spending a night holed up with a book of equations or working on a computer program is one idea of having a good time.If some people don't approve that is their problem.