Apple seeds third beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 with no known issues

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple has continued its quick release schedule for Mac OS X 10.6.7 beta builds this week, issuing the latest update to developers with no known issues.

Those familiar with the latest build of Mac OS X 10.6.7 say it is known as 10J850, and was released late Tuesday. The delta update is reportedly a 376.9MB download.

Those people say Apple has asked developers to again focus their testing on the Mac App Store, as well as AirPort, Bonjour, SMB, and Graphics Drivers. The latest build has no known issues.

The last beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7, Apple's forthcoming maintenance and security update for Snow Leopard, was released just over a week ago. That build, dubbed 10J846, was a 372MB download that asked developers to concentrate on the Mac App Store -- the only change from the previous build.

And less than a week before that, on Jan. 20, the first beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 was issued to developers. None of the releases have reportedly contained any known issues.

The last update for Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6.6, was released in early January, and included the Mac App Store. The digital download destination, borrowing concepts from Apple's iOS, got off to a strong start, serving up more than a million downloads in its first 24 hours.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Snow Leopard is turning out to be one of Apples best releases to date. In many ways it is one of the best OS'es on the market right now. The only thing I wish for is a bit more of the snappy. Then again I'm on an early 2008 MBP.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I know they said that SMB was addressed, I hope they addressed a long standing Finder issue which has been there since 10.6 where browsing a connected SMB server can be very slow once connected, click on another volume then click back to the server, you may find yourself waiting close to a minute for the files and folders to populate again in the Window, I work around this issue by unchecking "Show Connected Servers" in the sidebar from the Finder Prefs, if you are only connecting to the specific share on the SMB server there is no issue.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jroyjroy Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

I know they said that SMB was addressed, I hope they addressed a long standing Finder issue which has been there since 10.6 where browsing a connected SMB server can be very slow once connected, click on another volume then click back to the server, you may find yourself waiting close to a minute for the files and folders to populate again in the Window, I work around this issue by unchecking "Show Connected Servers" in the sidebar from the Finder Prefs, if you are only connecting to the specific share on the SMB server there is no issue.

I hope that you notified Apple directly about this problem!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

My one bitch about SMB is the useless .files that show up when moving files to the Windows server. FYI they are not invisible like on Macs! That, and the long time issue of .files in zip archives. When will it end?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    I'm on a first generation black MacBook with an external display used as my primary display, and MacBook's as my secondary. If you move any flash video player to the secondary display video stops and audio keeps moving. Switching tabbed Safari windows, especially ones with Reader engaged garble quite easily.

Crossing fingers that this update will fix that.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    r00fusr00fus Posts: 245member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

My one bitch about SMB is the useless .files that show up when moving files to the Windows server. FYI they are not invisible like on Macs! That, and the long time issue of .files in zip archives. When will it end?

If you're @ home, just enable this on all Macs:

Code:

defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores true

If you're at work, tell IT to disseminate this to all Mac users (or distribute the command using ssh if they have admin rights on all machines).

Here is a good link that discusses this issue at length:

http://serverfault.com/questions/207...s-and-variants