Apple shows continued interest in touch iMac with adjustable stand

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar View Post

No, that would make too much sense. In addition, the idea of giving people the option to use a computer differently from Steve's own personal preferences would be so personally offensive to Steve defenders.

Too much sense? Yes, its that fascistical little design nazi Steve Jobs gnawing away in your head again, denying you the right to think how YOU want and use any and all devices how YOU choose.

First off - its a matter of cost. Why add something at great expense only a few people will use? I guess you think all Macs should come with every legacy port imaginable just in case...

More importantly... oh, fuck it.. there are so many more importantly reasons I can't be screwed. You surely don't 'get' Apple, suffice to say.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    esxxiesxxi Posts: 75member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Tell me something:

What about the iMac gaining multitouch would possibly make it a less-powerful desktop?

Anything. Just ONE thing.

Er, price? Let's low ball it and say a touch-screen and associated hardware that large would just be $100-150. There you, you've just doubled the GPU budget with money to spare for more baseline RAM and bigger HDD.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Touch computing definitely calls for a near-horizontal display.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 45 of 45
    I wonder if anyone ever modded one of those old lamp iMacs with a touchscreen. It seems too obvious to not have been done.