Early bird Verizon iPhone 4 orders already shipping

Comments

• Reply 21 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Heb1228 View Post

Mine says shipped, but have not received any tracking info, so hard to know what to make of it. I'd love to get it tomorrow but am trying not to get my hopes up.

Several readers on other forums report that in the past, when their phones have shipped, they do not receive the tracking number until late that evening or even after the phone has actually arrived.

I also see that my iPhone has been shipped. Do they ship from CA? I'm in CT, I would assume I would get mine closer to the 10th.
  • Reply 22 of 86
    I ordered mine around 3:30 am cst. I have notification that it was picked up at the Memphis facility and that the expected delivery is before 3 tomorrow.
  • Reply 23 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sshephard View Post

I ordered mine around 3:30 am cst. I have notification that it was picked up at the Memphis facility and that the expected delivery is before 3 tomorrow.

Do you have a tracking number?
  • Reply 24 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aviboy97 View Post

Do you have a tracking number?

Yes I do, but there is still no evidence that it has left Memphis. The sad thing is that I'm going to be gone when it is delivered and if they do get it to my house tomorrow, they won't leave it. So I'll have to wait until Monday.
  • Reply 25 of 86
    Quote:

Yes I do, but there is still no evidence that it has left Memphis. The sad thing is that I'm going to be gone when it is delivered and if they do get it to my house tomorrow, they won't leave it. So I'll have to wait until Monday.

I got my confirmation email at 3:07am EST for my pre-order. No tracking number yet for my phone, only that it has been shipped.
  • Reply 26 of 86
    Quote:

I got my confirmation email at 3:07am EST for my pre-order. No tracking number yet for my phone, only that it has been shipped.

Just got a shipping update saying that it has left the Memphis FedEx facility. I think that means that it isn't being held for the Feb 10th release, but that's just a guess.
  • Reply 27 of 86
    Here's a guy that claims to have all his info sent through email. Tracking number, delivery date, and screenshots to prove. I hope he's legit.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=588

Says his will be delivered tomorrow (2/4/11). I hope so. Still waiting for my email/tracking number.
  • Reply 28 of 86
    Quote:

Just got a shipping update saying that it has left the Memphis FedEx facility. I think that means that it isn't being held for the Feb 10th release, but that's just a guess.

My CC was charged to a VZW office in Bedminster, NJ. Maybe that is where it is coming from.
  • Reply 29 of 86
    On VZW website, they are no longer taking pre-orders. Looks like they sold out
  • Reply 30 of 86
    Quote:

My CC was charged to a VZW office in Bedminster, NJ. Maybe that is where it is coming from.

Yeah, mine is showing up as charged out of Warren NJ. sometime this afternoon.

The site is down, basically saying you're out of luck and you'll have to wait. But the tracking feature is also down and I haven't gotten a tracking email yet.
  • Reply 31 of 86
    Lots of reports of tracking numbers coming in via email. I still don't have mine yet but I've seen people on twitter and other forums sites claiming to have them. Most say that entering the number in UPS or FEDEX websites yields no helpful information yet, but a few (unsure of reliability) are reporting delivery dates of tomorrow by 3 PM.
  • Reply 32 of 86
    I wanted to check the status of my order, but the site appears to be down. Also i ordered my iPhone at around 2:45am est. time last night and it says shipped from like 8 hours ago from when the site was up, but no tracking info. And no email saying it was shipped. I am hoping it will come in tomorrow. But i think i will be disappointed.
  • Reply 33 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Verizon subscribers who wasted no time ordering an iPhone 4 on Thursday have already received notification that their order has shipped, though whether the handsets will be delivered before the Feb. 10 launch date remains to be seen.

Multiple readers contacted AppleInsider on Thursday to share that their order of a CDMA iPhone 4 has already shipped, just hours after the handset first went on sale. Preorders for the CDMA iPhone 4 are currently only available for existing Verizon customers.

While the shipments are already headed out a week before the official Feb. 10 launch date, it is by means no sign that the devices will be delivered to customers early. When the iPad launched last April, the devices were held for days at the UPS Worldport hub in Louisville, Ken., to meet the April 3 launch date.

However, when the iPhone 4 debuted on AT&T's network last summer, some customers received early deliveries of the handset.

Verizon iPhone 4 preorders will open to all qualified customers next Wednesday, Feb. 9. And the device will officially go on sale at Apple and Verizon retail stores at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday, Feb. 10.

Some customers also reported issues attempting to order their CDMA iPhone 4 on Thursday, with Verizon's website allegedly returning error messages for some customers. Technical issues have been a regular occurrence when a new version of Apple's popular smartphone goes on sale.

Whats the rush? In 4 months the IPhone 5 will come out, then all the sorry Verizon IPhone customers whos locked into a 2 year agreement will wake up. Edan Aharony
  • Reply 34 of 86
    Whats the rush? In 4 months the IPhone 5 will come out, then all the sorry Verizon IPhone customers whos locked into a 2 year agreement will wake up. Edan Aharony
  • Reply 35 of 86
    I ordered right before 3am est and have got a tracking number from ups... I called ups and they have picked up my package in Memphis and it is coming to me gauranteed ups air by tomorrow!!
  • Reply 36 of 86
    I am kind of irritated that my order from the Apple store hasn't shipped since many seem to be getting them [though from Verizon's store]. It's kind of irritating since mine would have shipped yesterday with others had Verizon's website not been a pain with my address, it kept telling me that it was unacceptable or some kind of garbage like that despite I put it 1000 different ways including the exact way it is on my bill.

Meh, I guess I'll learn not to pre-order in the future from Apple.com.
  • Reply 37 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Misenda View Post

I ordered right before 3am est and have got a tracking number from ups... I called ups and they have picked up my package in Memphis and it is coming to me gauranteed ups air by tomorrow!!

I just got a tracking number from FedEx and it is in Memphis right now and possibly will be delayed due to bad weather...great. lol otherwise it says it is scheduled to arrive on the 7th.
  • Reply 38 of 86
    jtl2jtl2 Posts: 3member
    Got a tracking number from UPS, and a departure scan from Memphis. Maybe this afternoon!!
  • Reply 39 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mopsahl24 View Post

I just got a tracking number from FedEx and it is in Memphis right now and possibly will be delayed due to bad weather...great. lol otherwise it says it is scheduled to arrive on the 7th.

Mine has already left memphis so check yours again. Ups said it was sent guarenteed overnight and said it will be here today!! I actually called ups as well as tracked it online.
  • Reply 40 of 86
    Wow, hope you guys get yours today. I ordered from Apple's website which must have been a bad idea since mine has said "prepared for shipment since about 2PM yesterday [Thursday].

EDIT: I'm hoping the live chat option will go live because I really do not want to have to call Apple. I'm just curious to see if the ones that have pre-ordered from the Apple Store will get here sooner. *sigh*.

EDIT #2: I just read a few posts on another forum, many people that have already gotten their shipping notice said their delivery date is on Monday [The 7th].