Early bird Verizon iPhone 4 orders already shipping

Comments

• Reply 41 of 86
    Checking UPS tracking it shows NDA (next day air). The package was received by UPS yesterday and departed Memphis, TN at 6:10AM this morning. Hoping to see it by noon today.
  • Reply 42 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sherlocko View Post

Checking UPS tracking it shows NDA (next day air). The package was received by UPS yesterday and departed Memphis, TN at 6:10AM this morning. Hoping to see it by noon today.

Mine says the same. I got tracking late last night and it shows as departing Memphis at 6:10 am.. no further updates though. I bet I don't see mine until Monday. Unless they send out late trucks. If it shows later as delivering Monday I will try to pick up at the terminal, UPS typically lets you do that.
  • Reply 43 of 86
    Just called UPS with my tracking number, he apologized that it didn't have a expected delivery time and said it would be here today by 5, but drivers have until 7pm to finish their routs.
  • Reply 44 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arwillette View Post

Just called UPS with my tracking number, he apologized that it didn't have a expected delivery time and said it would be here today by 5, but drivers have until 7pm to finish their routs.

Hey Arwillette, when you track online, what info does it say? Just that it left West Chester, PA?

Thats all that mine says. Just curious
  • Reply 45 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilroot9 View Post

Hey Arwillette, when you track online, what info does it say? Just that it left West Chester, PA?

Thats all that mine says. Just curious

I have the same thing, it just says it got to west chester, PA at 8pm last night. but it doesnt tell me its on a truck for delivery or anything...
  • Reply 46 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nexus30 View Post

I have the same thing, it just says it got to west chester, PA at 8pm last night. but it doesnt tell me its on a truck for delivery or anything...

Mine says the same thing, but when I called the UPS toll free number they said it will be here today. 2/4
  • Reply 47 of 86
    Interesting. Even though my order number is 62, I haven't gotten any UPS/FedEx confirmation yet and the Verizon order tracking is still down.

I'm guessing its dependent upon how efficient whatever facility the order got allotted to is the hold up.
  • Reply 48 of 86
    I called UPS and got an idiot. Barely spoke english and had no idea when the package would arrive, and said to just check the website. Couldn't even confirm delivery address.
  • Reply 49 of 86
    Well, mine won't be here today. Mine decided to go to Louisville, KY from Memphis instead of straight over to Nashville. Looks like Monday for me, or hopefully arrives in Nashville later for a possible pickup at terminal this weekend.

Scheduled Delivery:

Monday, 02/07/2011, by 10:30 A.M.
  • Reply 50 of 86
    This morning Verizon sent a shipping notice with tracking number via email. It's coming UPS. Last status was Departure Scan, 11:30 A.M., West Chester, PA - In Transit.

The original confirmation that I received from Verizon said it would be shipped UPS Standard Overnight, so I should get it Monday. I ordered the phone at 3:15 AM from the Verizon site and received the extra $50 discount.
  • Reply 51 of 86
    Got my emails from Verizon this afternoon with FedEx tracking numbers saying the packages have already left the Memphis hub and to expect delivery on Monday Feb 7! Lets hope they actually deliver!
  • Reply 52 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NShirkey View Post

I ordered the phone at 3:15 AM from the Verizon site and received the extra $50 discount.

What extra $50 discount are you talking about?
  • Reply 53 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chumples99 View Post

What extra $50 discount are you talking about?

I got the same $50 discount:

There are lines on your account that are eligible for an upgrade.

Your Exclusive Offer : Up to $50 exclusive discount on any device

All in all, it was 250 plus tax.
  • Reply 54 of 86
    Well hell...Ill have to see if I got that! I didnt notice anything about that...
  • Reply 55 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chumples99 View Post

Well hell...Ill have to see if I got that! I didnt notice anything about that...

It automatically processed with the discount when I did my order, no opt-in or code. So, if you didn't see that discount on your bottom line, you're probably out of luck unless you want to fight it out with Verizon CS.
  • Reply 56 of 86
    I don't understand how you all are already getting shipping notices? I ordered mine at 2:45AM and have yet to receive any notice! What is going on...?
  • Reply 57 of 86
    I got my ups tracking number and it says Departed -\t West Chester, PA, United States, Friday, 02/04/2011 so its not coming in today even though it used ups next day air and it shipped last night. So i guess monday ill get it because ups does not ship weekends. Im not sure about people who got fedex for shipping.
  • Reply 58 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Verizon subscribers who wasted no time ordering an iPhone 4 on Thursday have already received notification that their order has shipped, though whether the handsets will be delivered before the Feb. 10 launch date remains to be seen.

Multiple readers contacted AppleInsider on Thursday to share that their order of a CDMA iPhone 4 has already shipped, just hours after the handset first went on sale. Preorders for the CDMA iPhone 4 are currently only available for existing Verizon customers.

While the shipments are already headed out a week before the official Feb. 10 launch date, it is by means no sign that the devices will be delivered to customers early. When the iPad launched last April, the devices were held for days at the UPS Worldport hub in Louisville, Ken., to meet the April 3 launch date.

However, when the iPhone 4 debuted on AT&T's network last summer, some customers received early deliveries of the handset.

Verizon iPhone 4 preorders will open to all qualified customers next Wednesday, Feb. 9. And the device will officially go on sale at Apple and Verizon retail stores at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday, Feb. 10.

Some customers also reported issues attempting to order their CDMA iPhone 4 on Thursday, with Verizon's website allegedly returning error messages for some customers. Technical issues have been a regular occurrence when a new version of Apple's popular smartphone goes on sale.

I ordered mine early Thursday morning (12 AM PST) and I received an email stating I have been charged for the phone on my credit card and then I received another email that stated my order was shipped with a delivery date of Monday February 7th, by 3 PM.
  • Reply 59 of 86
    ... when did people order theirs? I am a 2:45AM person and have yet to receive any notice about shipping... Very angry and Verizon won't tell me anything but wait and your shipping tracking number will be emailed to you at some point.
  • Reply 60 of 86
    I ordered mine 2/3 @ 2:58AM. I called and checked online and it is stuck in Louisville, KY

Louisville, KY, United States\t02/04/2011\t12:28 P.M.\tArrival Scan

Memphis, TN, United States\t02/04/2011\t6:10 A.M.\tDeparture Scan

Memphis, TN, United States\t02/03/2011\t8:58 P.M.\tOrigin Scan

United States\t02/04/2011\t12:39 P.M.

Scheduled Delivery:

Monday, 02/07/2011, by 10:30 A.M.

Darn, hoping to have it over the weekend.