iPhone 3.0 adds Copy & Paste, MMS, global Spotlight search

18910111214»

Comments

• Reply 261 of 266
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

If it isn't for reputation, why did you dredge up a 2 year old squabble?

By the same token, one could ask you why you care? 'tis a puzzlement.

Quote:

The juvenile name calling was intentional.

Well, duh. Juvenile ppl do juvenile things. How does engaging in name-calling do anything other than make you look small?

Quote:

.. that's the level of argument we're dealing with. It stopped being about MMS a few pages and a couple years ago. At one point, I think there was even arguing over Paris Hilton.

Yeah, even I found the Paris Hilton argument funny, and at the time too.

I still have to scratch my head over anyone who'd defend her as smart, or ignore just how bad her movies and music are. Guess you'd have to ask Mel about that one.

• Reply 262 of 266
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    You're going to have to wait a lot longer than two years to get him to admit he was wrong.
  • Reply 263 of 266
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post

By the same token, one could ask you why you care? 'tis a puzzlement.

Well, duh. Juvenile ppl do juvenile things. How does engaging in name-calling do anything other than make you look small?

Why do I care? As a longtime member of this forum, as in real life, ridiculous behavior sometimes merits comment. It is the only way by which the culture of this board is steered in the right direction.

As for the juvenile name calling, it is an ironic way of mocking behavior by mimicking that behavior. Hint: I don't actually use the term "jerkwad" in a serious argument. It is a self-parodying insult. So take that mister poopy pants.

(Is it even possible to win an argument with someone calling you mister poopy pants?)
  • Reply 264 of 266
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nht View Post

You're going to have to wait a lot longer than two years to get him to admit he was wrong.

Very likely true. I know Mel.

I'm just waiting for the uber-entertaining tortured rationalization/"I'm not really wrong" spiel. Man, I'd read that while eating a carton of hot buttered popcorn.

But Mel is smart, and will likely ruin the party by either a) ignoring this, or b) faking EVERYONE out and admitting, for once, that he "may have miscalculated." Which would blow everyone's mind.

/ I'm still betting on the tortured rationalization, though. And I wouldn't even argue with him on it, I'd just laugh and give him a big virtual hug for it.

• Reply 265 of 266
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Why do I care? As a longtime member of this forum, as in real life, ridiculous behavior sometimes merits comment. It is the only way by which the culture of this board is steered in the right direction.

Well, here's the difference between you and I: I don't care that you care. I don't have to justify my posts to you in any way, shape, or form. The end.

Quote:

So take that mister poopy pants.

If that's your level, you're welcome to it.

• Reply 266 of 266
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    It would have been nice if an old, petty argument was left alone, resurrecting it doesn't do anyone any good.