Netgear CEO rails on Apple's Steve Jobs, praises Android

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 226
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

just the kinda person i imagined you to be....try reading a book once in a while rather than scouring the net for your twisted fixes.

"...discovering his former identity of Colonel Willis Corto. Corto was a member of "Operation Screaming Fist," which planned on infiltrating and disrupting Soviet computer systems from ultralight aircraft dropped over Russia. The Russian military had learned of the idea and installed defenses to render the attack impossible, but the military went ahead with Screaming Fist, with a new secret purpose of testing these Russian defenses. As the Operation team attacked a Soviet computer center, EMP weapons shut down their computers and flight systems, and Corto and his men were targeted by Soviet laser defenses. " (from Wikipedia)

And you can't even credit Gibson? Sad you only mention Wikipedia, especially since you are quoting the book.

Yes, you are quite the twisted fix, but un-twisting you doesn't seem to fix you, you have yourself so tied up in knots.

Oh, by the way, Necromancer might be important, but it's nowhere near as good as his recent work. Please do us the favor and catch up on that reading you suggest, you have no idea of how far behind you really are...
  • Reply 222 of 226
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

No I don't recall them, and from a search I don't know what you are referring to, the only message I found was the one I replied to.

You're right! I had written some longer stuff back a few posts, but nixed it before submitting because it just got boring. My bust on the memory gaffe. The remains of what that was are just this:
    Quote:

I have colleagues at work with nuclear Drobo's, and some of the off brand NAS solutions are beyond reprehensible in their software.

Suffice it to say though, I get NAS questions about every other month and have for quite awhile. Always from folks who are relatively savvy. I've got no special NAS skills, I just seem to be able to solve enough problems I get asked all the off the wall stuff. It comes down to Q&A, prompts about reading the manuals and trying to help eliminate the "other stuff" that might be getting in the way. Generally I get the "I followed the directions to a T" to start and then either "why doesn't it work when the directions were easy" or "WTF does that mean" for the rest (which is way too often).

For more than a few of those the eventual suggestion is a dedicated RAID attached to an Airport or sharing a locally mounted RAID via a wired switch. They all seem to want to leave the host machine on all the time anyway, so NAS was just complicated and expensive overkill. Oh well, boring blathering restored I guess.
  • Reply 223 of 226
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

While I dont really care about open vs closed, or agree that the Android eco-system is better ( it can be closed by the Carriers) there is little or no doubt that this bit is correct:

As it now stands, clause 11.2 of the app store guidelines do exactly that. And Apple have less than a year to fix it, or all content distributors will move from the iPad to Android. And no longer produce for the iPad.

Its that serious. Lets see what they do on Wednesday.

It's fun bumping old threads to bring attention to idiotic predictions, especially when those predictions are made in such a hubristic manner. How's that workin out for ya? Didn't quite pan out that way it seems, eh?
  • Reply 224 of 226
    lexicon5lexicon5 Posts: 572member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

It's fun bumping old threads to bring attention to idiotic predictions, especially when those predictions are made in such a hubristic manner. How's that workin out for ya? Didn't quite pan out that way it seems, eh?

Nope...no it didn't
  • Reply 225 of 226
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

And you can't even credit Gibson? Sad you only mention Wikipedia, especially since you are quoting the book.

Yes, you are quite the twisted fix, but un-twisting you doesn't seem to fix you, you have yourself so tied up in knots.

Oh, by the way, Necromancer might be important, but it's nowhere near as good as his recent work. Please do us the favor and catch up on that reading you suggest, you have no idea of how far behind you really are...

i just saw this hilarious post of yours. 'Necromancer'?

far behind? i get every book he does as soon as it comes out. P.R. was great, S.C. okay, Z.H. not so much.

although a collection of shorts published earlier you might like to get "Distrust That Particular Flavor".

However i also would recommend Sterlings' 'Gothic High-Tech'