Verizon iPhone 4 shipments on track for early Feb. 7 delivery

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Well, I can't answer for him, but I have lived next to Canada for most of my life, and I totally read that as "Ontario, Canada."

But considering I could almost throw a baseball into Ontario, I guess it's not surprising.

Funny. For those of us here in SoCal it's a major airport w some sort of town around/under it. I immediately read the post as "his VZ iPhone is at the UPS hub at Ontario airport."

Canada has a town (or state-thingy) named after an airport in SoCal? Who'da guessed that.
  • Reply 22 of 50
    Can anyone confirm...

Are the people that are receiving the tracking numbers/shipping confirmations only people that ordered their phone through Verizon? I ordered mine through Apple's website as I had gift cards to use, and my order just says "Prepared for Shipment"... and I'm in CA not too far from Ontario.
  • Reply 23 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigbowood View Post

Can anyone confirm...

Are the people that are receiving the tracking numbers/shipping confirmations only people that ordered their phone through Verizon? I ordered mine through Apple's website as I had gift cards to use, and my order just says "Prepared for Shipment"... and I'm in CA not too far from Ontario.

If you have the order location number and order number, you can create a reference number for FedEx shipments.
  • Reply 24 of 50
    ... weather might be an issue here in Oklahoma. No UPS deliveries for at least the past three days in my neighborhood. Several more inches of snow predicted on Super Bowl Sunday. Tracking info only says "A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated." That's as of 10:30 CST Friday night.
  • Reply 25 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BartBuzz View Post

If you have the order location number and order number, you can create a reference number for FedEx shipments.

I don't see anything labeled "order location number" in the email I received, I just see the order number.
  • Reply 26 of 50
  • Reply 27 of 50
    Why would you advertise a pre-order as "first come, first serve" and "ship on or before Feb 10" then hold the shipment? I checked my credit card and the charge for my iPhone 4 is still pending so my phone has not shipped. FedEx is saying "delivery by 3:00 PM Monday Feb. 7". If Apple holds shipments until Feb 10 they are just another "Big Brother" as Microsoft is.
  • Reply 28 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

Don't forget, that already happened in the movie South Park - we declared war on Canada - funny stuff.

Good lord, does no one study history anymore? It already happened in South Park? How about it already happened in 1812?
  • Reply 29 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaitXD View Post

That's where the iPhone is, not where it is going. ^^ Not sure why it is coming from Canada though!

Ordered mine at 4am and got my tracking number around noon.

It's Ontario, CA, that's where mine shipped from also.
  • Reply 30 of 50
    I ordered two from Apple Store, they have shipped from China...supposed to be here by noon on Tuesday. Sweet!
  • Reply 31 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIaddict View Post

Good lord, does no one study history anymore? It already happened in South Park? How about it already happened in 1812?

To be fair, it was still part of the British Empire then, and it wasn't the only place the U.S. invaded.
  • Reply 32 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skyflyrr View Post

It's Ontario, CA, that's where mine shipped from also.

I ordered mine through Verizon Wireless, since it was an upgrade for me.
  • Reply 33 of 50
    My order was placed at 2:58AM on 2/3. Talked to UPS local facility and it should be out for delivery Monday morning before 10:30AM. Darn, but it is coming. I did ask if I could pick it up and I can't. The guy who took my call was nice and let me know he tried once to see if he could get something early but the packages are an pallets to be sorted. I can go an pick up Monday AM but at that point I'll just wait.

Hope everyone can get theirs soon.

Major City near, ME, United States\t02/05/2011\t6:33 A.M.\tDeparture Scan

02/05/2011\t5:27 A.M.\tArrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States\t02/05/2011\t4:34 A.M.\tDeparture Scan

Louisville, KY, United States\t02/04/2011\t12:28 P.M.\tArrival Scan

Memphis, TN, United States\t02/04/2011\t6:10 A.M.\tDeparture Scan

Memphis, TN, United States\t02/03/2011\t8:58 P.M.\tOrigin Scan

United States\t02/04/2011\t12:39 P.M.\tOrder Processed: Ready for UPS
  • Reply 34 of 50
    I got somewhat of an explanation from a Verizon Wireless CSR.

Certain pre-orders were randomly selected to receive what he called a "beta" shipment, meaning if you already have a tracking number, you will receive your order BEFORE the 10th of February.

For those of you (and myself) who's order status shows shipped and you have been charged, but you have not received a tracking number you are in pre-shipping status. Their system charges your credit card when you package's shipping label is created and scanned. He said Verizon and Apple are holding those shipments until 1 or 2 days before the 10th of February, so they will be delivered ON the 10th of February.

He said so basically it is sitting in their other warehouse in a box, with a shipping label on it with thousands of other iPhones waiting for FedEx to pick them up.

Whether this is correct or not, it makes some sense.

Zach
  • Reply 35 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zachh1020 View Post

Certain pre-orders were randomly selected to receive what he called a "beta" shipment, meaning if you already have a tracking number, you will receive your order BEFORE the 10th of February.

For those of you (and myself) who's order status shows shipped and you have been charged, but you have not received a tracking number you are in pre-shipping status. Their system charges your credit card when you package's shipping label is created and scanned. He said Verizon and Apple are holding those shipments until 1 or 2 days before the 10th of February, so they will be delivered ON the 10th of February.

He said so basically it is sitting in their other warehouse in a box, with a shipping label on it with thousands of other iPhones waiting for FedEx to pick them up.

Zach

I guess the most important thing here is that they are finally on the way!
  • Reply 36 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zachh1020 View Post

Zach

What if the speculation is true, and 1,000,000 iPhones were sold on Thursday. It would be possible that UPS and FedEx would randomly spread out delivery rather than being saddled with 1,000,000 iPhones dropped into their overnight supply channel in the same day.
  • Reply 37 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Y.M.S.BUSHAN View Post

It is Ontario California !...LOL

I believe we figured that out about 5 posts ago, nor have I ever been near the west coast
  • Reply 38 of 50
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GoFigure View Post

Why would you advertise a pre-order as "first come, first serve" and "ship on or before Feb 10" then hold the shipment? I checked my credit card and the charge for my iPhone 4 is still pending so my phone has not shipped. FedEx is saying "delivery by 3:00 PM Monday Feb. 7". If Apple holds shipments until Feb 10 they are just another "Big Brother" as Microsoft is.

They never advertised that. It was always going to ship on February 10. So per the agreement you made with them by buying the phone, the soonest you could expect it to ship was next Thursday. If they get it to you earlier that is a bonus, not something they told you they would do or that you should expect. How shipping it when they told you it would ship makes Apple like Big Brother or Microsoft isn't clear to me. On a related note, Apple fans will really find anything to bitch about, won't they.
  • Reply 39 of 50
    UPS shows an origin scan in Louisville, KY, very, very early on Sunday morning. Still scheduled for Monday morning delivery.
  • Reply 40 of 50
    I've been lurking here long enough so I finally decided to sign up.

I received a call from my wife informing me that my Verizon iphone has just been delivered. I guess it will be a long afternoon at work waiting to get home.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their new iphones to arrive.