Apple's Verizon iPhone 4 has improved antenna, integrated GPS

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

The Verizon iPhone 4 uses a different logic board from the GSM iPhone 4? that must mean the logic board in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

The Verizon iPhone 4 uses a different battery from the GSM iPhone 4? that must mean the battery in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

The Verizon iPhone 4 uses a different baseband processor from the GSM iPhone 4? that must mean the baseband processor in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

The Verizon iPhone 4 uses a different A4 model number from the GSM iPhone 4? that must mean the A4 in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

The Verizon iPhone 4 doesn?t have a SIM card slot? that must mean the SIM card in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

Thank you! Finally somebody who really understands what has been wrong with the iPhone 4 (GSM/UMTS).
  • Reply 42 of 53
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

The Verizon iPhone 4 uses a different logic board from the GSM iPhone 4? that must mean the logic board in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

The Verizon iPhone 4 uses a different battery from the GSM iPhone 4? that must mean the battery in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

The Verizon iPhone 4 uses a different baseband processor from the GSM iPhone 4? that must mean the baseband processor in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

The Verizon iPhone 4 uses a different A4 model number from the GSM iPhone 4? that must mean the A4 in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

The Verizon iPhone 4 doesn?t have a SIM card slot? that must mean the SIM card in the GSM iPhone 4 is a design flaw.

I've mentioned time and time again ever since trolls/crybabies like iLiver (and whatever aliases he's used) and others with tinfoil hats that Apple was in a catch-22 regardless of what they do.

If they leave the antenna design alone, they will be accused of hiding a flaw.

If they change the antenna design, they will then be accused of admitting a flaw.

There was nothing Apple could do to please these sofa critics. The Verizon iPhone required a different design (AI calls it "improved" for whatever reason) to accommodate the dual-band setup that Verizon's network needs.

Nothing was conclusive. The VZ iPhone also suffers from the same death-grip issues that all cell phones have. So much for your "flawed" design theory kids.

Apple is completely within their right and expectation to always improve a product, because there is always room for improvement. However, in this case you whiners are chasing a ghost.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    The funny thing about the antenna design of the iPhone 4 is that calling it a non-issue is only half-right. Not only ISN'T it an issue... I've had fewer dropped calls with my iPhone 4 than I've had with any mobile phone I've ever owned. That doesn't mean it can't be improved of course. Even the best can get better. But, no matter what Apple does with future iPhones, there will always be people who define what they like by insulting something else, regardless of whether the insults have any merit. For example, there will always be people who like Android "becuz ifonez suk." And that's just the way it is.

...meanwhile, back in reality-land, iPhones break sales record after sales record. And that's just the way it is.
  • Reply 44 of 53
    Assuming that the iP5 gets an integrated GPS, does that mean it is 'improved?'

A big reason for me to upgrade to the iP4 was because of the improved GPS reception over the iP3 as I use it for navigating. Now the current model uses a standalone GPS which sounds much better to me than an integrated system, but that could be because I have been scarred by intel's crappy graphic performance. Does integrated mean better when it comes to GPS?
  • Reply 45 of 53
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    *** Just in ***

Verizon is throttling their network for iPhone users. They are also implementing 'data optimization' that will degrade the quality of video.

Their unlimited plan is not unlimited. If you download 'too much' data, they throttle you down big time for 2 months.

check it out

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...verizon-sucks/
  • Reply 46 of 53
    If the Palm Pre Plus's GPS is any indication of how GPS will work on the VZW iPhone:

"Can you find me now?" would go unanswered.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

*** Just in ***

Old news:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...data_hogs.html
  • Reply 48 of 53
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Well, I predict that iPhone 5 will be different from iPhone 4!

[looks around]

Let the flame wars begin!
  • Reply 49 of 53
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

*** Just in ***

Verizon is throttling their network for iPhone users. They are also implementing 'data optimization' that will degrade the quality of video.

Their unlimited plan is not unlimited. If you download 'too much' data, they throttle you down big time for 2 months.

check it out

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...verizon-sucks/

Verizon has stated, after that came out, that they weren't going to be doing that, at least not now. It all depended on how hard the network got hit.

And the throttling was to be for ALL phones, not just iPhones.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    The really funny thing about the whole (entirely bogus) "antennagate" angle on all of this is that Consumer Reports was making some noise the other day about "technical improvements" in the Verizon iPhone antenna design (based, one can only assume, on the fact that it looks different), that they might be able to recommend it. These guys clearly have no idea what they are doing.
  • Reply 51 of 53
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

The really funny thing about the whole (entirely bogus) "antennagate" angle on all of this is that Consumer Reports was making some noise the other day about "technical improvements" in the Verizon iPhone antenna design (based, one can only assume, on the fact that it looks different), that they might be able to recommend it. These guys clearly have no idea what they are doing.

Thank you.

That's really what I was getting at with my feigned props to Ireland. Of course they would be changing the antenna design slightly - just based on frequency and bandwidth types alone.

Rather amusing to see what gets some folks panties in a twist.
  • Reply 52 of 53
    Is anyone else having a problem with the battery life? Mine will be at like 50% by noon...thats not good at all.
  • Reply 53 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by taborrr View Post

Is anyone else having a problem with the battery life? Mine will be at like 50% by noon...thats not good at all.

Others will have battery issues, but that number is irrelevant to the issue as a consumer. Go into an Apple Store or call them and get a new one.