Nokia uses Apple's Macs to announce Microsoft partnership

Comments

• Reply 41 of 69
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tikiman View Post

They're talking about separating the tracks and doing something with them commercially (like selling). It doesn't say ANYTHING about being allowed to only create "PERSONAL videos".

Another worthless non-article.

Typical Daniel article.
  • Reply 42 of 69
    Am I the only one to think that ceos except SJ and a few others, are colossal morons?
  • Reply 43 of 69
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

While I have not used iMovie for anything commercial it seems like it would be against Apple's own interest to artificially limit the use of a paid for copy (assuming of course) of iMovie.

iMovie runs only on Macs and it comes preinstalled on all of them so it would have to be paid for (unless they stole a Mac).

And as others have noted, the audio loops can be used, but they cannot be distributed by themselves.
  • Reply 44 of 69
    there is no non-commercial clause, the article has been edited and its still wrong.

it only says you can't rip the sound effects and music straight and sell them as clips in whole or in part. Basically you can sell the content as a separate product for others to use to make their own content (like putting the music to video).

If you put them with video you can do whatever you want. Its royalty-free which means that once you pay for it you don't have to pay again based on each usage.

Daniel needs to go back to grade school, this is just pathetic.
  • Reply 45 of 69
    kenckenc Posts: 195member
    Did the story get edited, because I think it's fine, now. It's pretty funny that Nokia's in-house media team uses Macs. No big deal, but funny, nevertheless.
  • Reply 46 of 69
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    iMovie is a consumer-level app. Even if they were using Apple, you'd think they'd be using pro tools. I actually don't believe this story.
  • Reply 47 of 69
    Is this seriously the type of news that makes the front page on this site?
  • Reply 48 of 69
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by winterspan View Post

Exactly... They are doing nothing wrong. This is really a pathetic attempt at finding controversy where it doesn't exist...

I think this is just about making fun of the fact they used a Mac and Apple software to make this given it was Ballmer talking about Microsoft.
  • Reply 49 of 69
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

iMovie is a consumer-level app. Even if they were using Apple, you'd think they'd be using pro tools. I actually don't believe this story.

Oh I do. iMovie probably seems like a pro tool to Ballmer and Nokia.
  • Reply 50 of 69
    I think it's kind of neat the iMovie is getting a little love for a change.
  • Reply 51 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

The tone of your posts (and name) are reminding me of Lord Haw-Haw during World War II. He was the German announcer with the British accent who berated the English people about how foolish they were for not bowing down to the superior Germans. You're a regular little Tokyo Rose:

"Come on you handsome Apple using GI's, lay down your iPhones and join the happy Droid hordes on their march to world domination."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HahaHaha321 View Post

My god. Even the commenters are being brainwashed by brainDED. I never said anything about a Droid. I never said anything about Nokia for that matter. You actually believe that because I don't bow down to these foolish articles I don't like the iPhone. You're just putting words into my mouth. And who the hell cares other than you about my username? Maybe I chose this name because I didn't have the time or even care to make a better one. Because I don't spend all day on here like some. You have nothing better to do than to judge my USERNAME.

What phone do you use?
  • Reply 52 of 69
    "Apple is irrelevant on the desktop market"

Seriously, it's pretty normal that design houses use Macs.

What puzzles me is that they could at least use Final Cut Express!
  • Reply 53 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OskiO View Post

This just in....ATT and Verizon use Windows based PCs to tender a sale for an Apple iPhone.

Who cares?

Well If Apple were trying to sell POS terminals, it would look kind of stupid.
  • Reply 54 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chug View Post

Is this seriously the type of news that makes the front page on this site?

It's a blog, so there is no "front page."

Somewhere a bridge is calling, asking for its troll back.
  • Reply 55 of 69
    The ad was probably outsourced to some PR firm who took the footage back to their offices and edited it. Naturally they're using at least some Macs.

Sorta don't care either way. There was a time when Apple was such the underdog that it might be sort of entertaining, but now it's like -- yeah, so -- they wanted an easy video editing package and they used it.
  • Reply 56 of 69
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    The article was a bit over the top in describing a non-commercial use, but it did have the video links and at least I learned something from it. Nokia (or "Nawkia" as Ballmer keeps saying) and MS CEO keynotes are pathetic. What a bunch of PR tripe with no elegance, philosophy or inspiration.

It is so disheartening to see people in charge of great corporations have the sophistication of sophomore frat boys in the first week of speech class. Half of success is really being lucky and ruthless at a few key junctures in life. Oh well.

Me not bitter.
  • Reply 57 of 69
    Are you freaking kidding me? Do you REALLY think Nokia does all their videos in house? They're in the mobile phone business and OBVIOUSLY have other people do the videos. So it's no wonder they're made on a mac, a lot of people in the video industry loves macs. Nokia wants a video, and I'm pretty sure they don't tell the video guys what computers to use. WOW, I'm just stunned.
  • Reply 58 of 69
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Oh I do. iMovie probably seems like a pro tool to Ballmer and Nokia.

lol!

Thanks - I laughed so hard I snorted tea through my nose!!
  • Reply 59 of 69
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tawilson View Post

What consumers WANT Bing. As a search engine it sucks ass.

It's the best search engine out there that doesn't come from Google - so I use it.

It's really sad for Google that a Microsoft product is the more ethical choice.
  • Reply 60 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

What phone do you use?

Droid X on Verizon. My contract is not up. It's a decent phone for now, and certainly much better than any of the fanboys would think. Granted, I do like the iPhone better. The interface on my iPod touch is much better. Once I'm due for an upgrade I'll be getting an iPhone.