Is sport good for health ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Generally many people will agree that the practice of sport is a good thing for health. But is really the case ?

A moderate practice of sport is certainly a very good thing , but an intensive or a professional practice is a entire different matter.

For example if we consider the life esperancy, we can see for example (but they are others) that professional americans players have a life experancy of 56 years wich is not great indeed. The case of the Sumo in Japon is worse, it's rare that a sumo live more than 50 years (but they have a semi-god status and all the women they want ... Hey beautifull loser dont you want to be a sumo ). Concerning Soccer (european football) many of them have their knees destroyed after years of practice.

The doping also, is a very bad factor, which can explain (partially) but not totally this diminution of life esperancy.

The debate is open : let's enter the AI' s champions in the arena !

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    scott_h_phdscott_h_phd Posts: 448member
    Many doctors would say that there is a thing called "overdoing it". That's why the standard is 3 days a week for about an hour.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    remember, powerdoc, le golf n'est pas un sport.

In related news, i finally played for the first time this season today. 84. Not too bad. Couldn't putt if my life depended on it, though.

Not that I ever could putt, though...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    this is my new excuse for sitting on my *** doing nothing...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    It's the drugs man. Either the team ges you to do enhancement drugs or you use your newfound money to get SuperScratchandSniff.

Either way you're poisiongin yourself.

The ideal life for a human being is thus : eat at least 2000 calories a day, do manual labor 8 hours a day, spend 4 hours a day improving your mind, and 4 hours a day eating or having sex.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>remember, powerdoc, le golf n'est pas un sport.

In related news, i finally played for the first time this season today. 84. Not too bad. Couldn't putt if my life depended on it, though.

Not that I ever could putt, though...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ouf je suis sauvé.

J'ai realisé le pire score de ma vie samedi dernier : 122 : shame on me

• Reply 6 of 6
    digixdigix Posts: 109member
    It's not healthy to do things over the limit.