• Reply 21 of 81
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 22 of 81
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 23 of 81
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Not only is this going to new lows, but coming from a family with cancer history and being treated at the same center, I can tell you that Steve could be at Stanford as part of some routine checkup as all cancer victims normally go through. So essentially, no one knows why he's there except that it's a cancer center.

Low lifes.
  • Reply 24 of 81
    The frightful pics are at gawker.com as of 5:15pm pacific time. They are ugly, and it may make you cry.

I am hoping the pics are not real. We love Steve, and want him to enjoy some of what he has given the world.
  • Reply 25 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadash View Post

Pretty crappy to publish this stuff. It would absolutely suck to have your personal life on display all the time.

True, it does suck -- but it didn't have to be this way. Imagine if Apple had simply released a statement when Steve went on medical leave that he was taking time off for treatment and testing at Stanford. Then the National Mudwrestler has nothing of interest to publish and they could stick to stories about Oprah's alien baby, or whatever else it is they do.
  • Reply 26 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

True, it does suck -- but it didn't have to be this way. Imagine if Apple had simply released a statement when Steve went on medical leave that he was taking time off for treatment and testing at Stanford. Then the National Mudwrestler has nothing of interest to publish and they could stick to stories about Oprah's alien baby, or whatever else it is they do.

You think Apple releasing an early statement would change the tabloids from hounding him? Dream on.
  • Reply 27 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

You think Apple releasing an early statement would change the tabloids from hounding him? Dream on.

It also sounds like he expects Apple to release a statement every time Steve Jobs take a breath or has a sniffle. As sfocal stated going to a center for checkups after a successful operation is normal.

Isn?t Jobs still CEO of Apple unlike the last time he took a medical leave where Cook was put in charge? If he really only has 6 weeks to live I am sure we?ll know by tomorrow as the directors would need to appoint the person Apple has groomed for this position. I assume that would be Cook.
  • Reply 28 of 81
    I looked at the pics on gawker.com... I'm a physician, not an oncologist, but I've seen my share of Ca patients... he is on his feet, no cane or walker, looks like his balance is just fine, and independent,thank you... the pic of the hand is of questionable veracity, but nothing abnormal...he might look a bit thin and graying, but he's not in the dire straits the NE purports, and I doubt those amateur docs' opinions about the "6 weeks"...lastly, I really didn't see any distinguishing features that this really is Steve Jobs in the pic on the gizmodo website..could have been anyone with blue jeans..sad how these tabloids can publish nonsense..
  • Reply 29 of 81
    This from Zimbio on Oct.27, 2010:

"The National Enquirer hits stands with a shocking picture of Michael Douglas, who is bravely battling cancer.

Docs are very concerned by his weight loss ? he?s now apparently 139 lbs.

Now, the tab is claiming friends fear he has only 3 months to live."

So much for the credibility of the Enquirer. They may be accurate with some of their other scoops, but forget it when it comes to their 'celebrity deathbed' stuff.
  • Reply 30 of 81
    In other news, The National Inquirer and The Sunday Sport (UK) have teamed up with a free iPad news app.
  • Reply 31 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joshdean View Post

This from Zimbio on Oct.27, 2010:

"The National Enquirer hits stands with a shocking picture of Michael Douglas, who is bravely battling cancer.

Docs are very concerned by his weight loss ? he?s now apparently 139 lbs.

Good Christ, that's a good weight for him - he's only 5'7" or so.
  • Reply 32 of 81
    From Rumorfix:

The November 22 cover of National Enquirer features a "Michael Douglas Collapses" headline. Last month the tabloid claimed the actor only had "3 Months To Live," now they're telling another elaborate tall tale regarding the actor's health.

"Gravely ill Michael Douglas collapsed at his New York apartment and was rushed to the hospital - and now the cancer stricken star is resisting the emergency surgery he needs to save his life."

A rep for Douglas tells RumorFix that the publication's story is bogus. "No, he did not collapse as reported by the National Enquirer, who were told it was untrue when they checked for verification."
  • Reply 33 of 81
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jonamac View Post

Sadly pancreatic cancer has a desperately low survival rate. We think of men like Steve Jobs as characters in a tech story so much of the time but he is a human being in pain and I wish the press would try to show decency in how they report these things.

Let's just hope Steve Jobs can beat the statistics and keep doing what he's done so well for so long. He talks about his family often, I've always liked that about him. I hope he can beat this and have many years with them. Apple is a company that sells things worth a few hundred dollars, Steve Jobs is a human being who is priceless to his family and we wish him well.

With all the news about Steve Jobs' illness in the last few years, I think you are the only AI poster who doesn't know by now that there are two types of pancreatic cancer and that Steve Jobs suffered from the rarer form which has a much higher survival rate than the one that took Patrick Swayze.

But I join you in hoping that he (and anyone else who is severely ill) beats his illness.
  • Reply 34 of 81
    The "weeks to live" comment apparently comes from a random doctor who they showed the picture to. A doctor who, by the way, is not an oncologist.
  • Reply 35 of 81
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadash View Post

I was talking about whatever rag is actually publishing it. I'm not sure how I feel about AI republishing it once it is out there. If I was Steve, I would probably be pretty pissed either way.

Especially if his doctor tells him "Just don't get cancer that way".
  • Reply 36 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar View Post

Especially if his doctor tells him "Just don't get cancer that way".

You are really pathetic.
  • Reply 37 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

damn. Hope it's just a checkup of some kind.

It probably was. He's likely there every two to three months for follow up treatments
  • Reply 38 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

That's what concerned me about his statement when he went on his current leave. It specifically stated that he hopes to return to Apple soon. Pancreatic cancer, whipple procedure surgery, marked weight loss, liver transplant and now this? We know his time is coming. No one lives 20 years, much less 5 - 10 years will all those things. My thoughts are with him and I am confident that Apple will succeed without him.

I don't recall that specific emphasis. It's just as likely that he hopes to return to Apple soon.
  • Reply 39 of 81
    Enquirer just looking for a story. No respect or morals in respecting peoples privacy.

Firstly we all wish Steve Jobs the best of health and a speedy return.

After Jobs condition it's not unusual to go back for treatments or check ups. So where's the story?????

there is no story!!!
  • Reply 40 of 81
    veblenveblen Posts: 201member
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...francisco.html

Hopefully we will see photos of a reasonably healthy mr. jobs with president obama tomorrow. fingers crossed.