Apple's Steve Jobs reportedly seen at California's Stanford Cancer Center

Comments

• Reply 41 of 81
    Enquirer or not, probabilistically, it seems that we cannot rule out a high likelihood of the event that we all dread to the max. It will be unspeakably sad when it does happen, but I am sure that many of us -- including, perhaps, his family -- have internalized it by now.

:-(
  • Reply 42 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by veblen View Post

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...francisco.html

Hopefully we will see photos of a reasonably healthy mr. jobs with president obama tomorrow. fingers crossed.

I truly hope so. But I seriously doubt it.
  • Reply 43 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Leave the man alone!!!!

Pestering a cancer patient coming out of treatment- nothing is below the twisted minds of the paparazzi slime.

Agreed. End of thread.
  • Reply 44 of 81
    gxcadgxcad Posts: 120member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Leave the man alone!!!!

Pestering a cancer patient coming out of treatment- nothing is below the twisted minds of the paparazzi slime.

HAVE to agree. People are not seeing the bigger point here. He asks for privacy to be respected and he gets nothing. Its one thing to say you spotted him and another to publish photos proving it.

I feel bad for Steve.
  • Reply 45 of 81
    if he was really that sick, he wouldn't be tearing down his house to build a new one.
  • Reply 46 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

damn. Hope it's just a checkup of some kind.

Pretty good chance it was. My Dad had Cancer and had to go to the hospital for cat scans all the time.
  • Reply 47 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

You think Apple releasing an early statement would change the tabloids from hounding him? Dream on.

It isn't news if it isn't news.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

It also sounds like he expects Apple to release a statement every time Steve Jobs take a breath or has a sniffle.

No. I meant exactly what I said.
  • Reply 48 of 81
    to meet the President tomorrow.
  • Reply 49 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by milkmage View Post

Actually the president will be in California.
  • Reply 50 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by milkmage View Post

So Obama is flying to California to meet with Jobs and Jobs is flying to DC to meet with Obama? If they don?t know how to use the available technology to coordinate a meeting then technology in this country is doomed.
  • Reply 51 of 81
    I say leave the man alone in his health struggles. Printing these stories is just plain low.

I really hope he is ok and can recover from whatever is ailing him.
  • Reply 52 of 81
    if the picture i saw was real....dear god. if you are an apple and jobs fan don't go looking for those photos. it will break your heart.
  • Reply 53 of 81
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

So is AAPL down $3/share in After Hours trading because the Enquirer notes that a cancer survivor was seen at a cancer center (common), and states that he ?only has weeks to live??

Stock manipulation?
  • Reply 54 of 81
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

if the picture i saw was real....dear god. if you are an apple and jobs fan don't go looking for those photos. it will break your heart.

Maybe maybe not, the Enquirer has featured pictures of two headed Martian offspring of women taken into spaceships against their will remember ...
  • Reply 55 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Stock manipulation?

Not much of a wiggle at this point - about 1%. It's not like its a big secret he's not well. Most investors have figured out that Apple is seriously undervalued with or without Steve. I think this can be chalked up to the tabloid mentality of certain publications, and the morbid curiosity of those that support them. It's part of human nature, of course, but to make money off of that nature (like gawker apparantly is - I refuse to feed them) is far worse than giving in to it.
  • Reply 56 of 81
    Whatever Mr. Job's situation, and I very much wish him a full recovery, the use of another person's personal tragedy for financial gain is evil.
  • Reply 57 of 81
    Why is it surprising or newsworthy that a guy with cancer who took a leave of absence to attend to his health is seen at a cancer clinic? Can you say, obvious?

Here's a flash: CEO who took leave to go back to school seen entering college campus. Shocker!
  • Reply 58 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Why is it surprising or newsworthy that a guy with cancer who took a leave of absence to attend to his health is seen at a cancer clinic? Can you say, obvious?

Would he have received a liver if he had had cancer?

Answer the question; most people can't seem to.
  • Reply 59 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

Not much of a wiggle at this point - about 1%. It's not like its a big secret he's not well. Most investors have figured out that Apple is seriously undervalued with or without Steve. I think this can be chalked up to the tabloid mentality of certain publications, and the morbid curiosity of those that support them. It's part of human nature, of course, but to make money off of that nature (like gawker apparantly is - I refuse to feed them) is far worse than giving in to it.

It's also a function of providing virtually no official information. Steve could have easily kept the scumbag photographers off his tail by making this a non-story, but by being so compulsive about his privacy, he ends up with less privacy.
  • Reply 60 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Would he have received a liver if he had had cancer?

Answer the question; most people can't seem to.

Neither can you unless you are his oncologist or a medical ethicist assigned to his case. What's your point, anyway?