Should I wait for the iPhone 5?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I've been waiting to get a smart phone for some time now, holding out for the iPhone to come to my beloved Verizon. Now that the switch has finally come I can't decide if I should jump on the iPhone 4 and get the much needed features (not having email on my phone has really been a problem), or hold out and get the 5. From what I've heard the only major changes are going to be longer battery life and a better camera. Both of those would be nice, but from what I've seen the iPhone 4 has a great camera and perfectly good battery life (plus everyone has an iPod charger so no problem if it runs out right?). Also, I was thinking that since Apple is guaranteed major profits just by getting onto the Verizon network; wouldn't it make sense for them to save the really cool upgrades for the iPhone 6 when the demand for iPhones in general will be back to normal? Any way, I'm sure the people on this board know one hell of a lot more than I do, so any help you can give me is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    iPhone 5 will be one phone for all carriers. Likely double capacity (and who says it will have a better camera? No sense in that.), too.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    may as well wait for iphone 6, since you're waiting.

the thought behind my comment is that the pace of upgrades is not going to slow, if anything it will only speed up and no matter when you buy in, something else better will come along within the next year, and thus a year before your contract expires anyways.

granted, it's only 5 months or so until the next iteration of iPhone is expected to be released, but why wait if the current phone has everything you're looking for now? if you're the type to need the latest and greatest, you're going to end up buying out of contract anyways whether you buy in now or buy in 5 months from now. people who have to have the latest never save money... it's not a bad thing, it's just a fact.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I'd get the iPhone 4 now, since most of the kinks have been worked out. The iPhone 5 is going to have plenty, as all of our past iPhones have. And, plus, if you get the iPhone 4 (which, by the way, I have and adore), you will be eligible to get the iPhone 6 once it arrives, due to the upgrade features. But this is just my opinion.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Yes..
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Why not wait and see what the Iphone5 brings, after all whats 4 more months. You may be surprised at the added features. If not you'll be able to get the Iphone4 at a cheaper price. So waiting is a Win-Win situation.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

Why not wait and see what the Iphone5 brings, after all whats 4 more months. You may be surprised at the added features. If not you'll be able to get the Iphone4 at a cheaper price. So waiting is a Win-Win situation.

This is sound advice.