Apple's MacBook Pro ship times slip to 3-5 days ahead of refresh

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    There has been a report that Steve Jobs has been quoted saying that he has plans to return to the Apple Campus full time as soon as health issues are resolved.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Fake! I dont see how it is fake, all you have to do is go on the site and see for yourself. I just said what was written on their webpage. Maybe its incorrect but like I said I really hope its not.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Shipping in March? What about those sealed packages?
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rockon52 View Post

There has been a report that Steve Jobs has been quoted saying that he has plans to return to the Apple Campus full time as soon as health issues are resolved.

Yeah, that'd be him. In his letter. When he first took the leave of absence...
  • Reply 25 of 28
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quad core MBPs any time soon?
  • Reply 26 of 28
    The report of Jobs coming back is a more recent report. Says he will definately be back soon!!
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pika2000 View Post

Well, they did several MBP updates without having a special announcements. They only had events for switching to aluminum unibody, then the 17" update with built-in battery, then the SD card slot + 13". We don't see special announcements on processor upgrades and what not (eg. switching from Core 2 Duo to Core i). Since this update is probably just getting an upgrade to Sandy bridge, I don't expect a special event.

Wait!, the SD card model was considered announcement-worthy?!

Yikes, give me a break, ugh.

If their rule of thumb is only highly visible improvements get announced, then I guess Iseries-gen2-SandyBridge doesn't count. So if that is the only change -- just the CPU and internal chips upgrade, then yes, it qualifies as a non-announcement event.

But the other alleged/rumored changes of larger trackpad and possibly RAM-based OS or hybrid seems like it would be note-worthy. So if no announcement, then maybe these rumors are for a further down the road release.

Just have to wait. tick... tick... tick...
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tommyt12 View Post

Therefore, IMO, we'll be getting:

Redesigned chassis

Dropped ODD,

Sandy Bridge (obviously)

Better graphics

Longer battery life

I think blade flash storage in the professional line is a long shot at this point, but SSD options will be expanded. And unless Apple does some sort of last minute online-only press conference, I'm don't THINK we'll see Lightpeak or Liquidmetal.

Is Sandy Bridge the one where only two SATA port are reliable over time? I initially thought three drives: "stick" SSD (like MBA), a 2.5" drive (HDD or optional SSD) and an optical drive - but actually just offering the optical as a USB external will be fine for most people - only carry it when you need it. The battery can get larger and the device thinner as a result.

When I first saw the new Apple TV I wondered whether they'll put the power supply in the MacBook line but actually that contrary to their direction of travel.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Here's the pickle: Wouldn't a redesigned MBP 13" without an ODD rub up too closely against the MBA 13"? Since the only thing that is "pro" would be the CPU...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parkettpolitur View Post

More / upgradeable RAM, possibly a combination of SSD + HDD, i. e. more storage, possibly even longer battery life (if they use some of the space left behind by the obsolete Superdrive), possibly a dedicated GPU, SIGNIFICANTLY faster CPU, more ports, backlit keyboard... There would still be a lot of stuff to distinguish the 13" MBP from the MBA.

Firewire too. Personally I hope the back-lit keyboard makes it to the MBA though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kfury77 View Post

Unfortunately quite slim. I don't recall Apple ever updating Laptops on the same day as desktops. I'm waiting for the new Mac mini too (current one was last updated June 2010 so is due for an update), I'm hoping it's 4GB RAM as standard and faster processor, possibly with SSD option.

Actually it's not without a precedent: Jan 06 - Intel iMac and the brand new MacBook Pro name and model.