Apple to celebrate Steve Jobs' birthday with release of new MacBook Pros

Comments

• Reply 41 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

An addition to the list:

Damn will you shut up. Every thread I come into your like a whining little school girl.
  • Reply 42 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Damn will you shut up. Every thread I come into your like a whining little school girl.

I was waiting for you to show up too! Thanks for revealing yourself.

Now, there are exactly three losers left that are waiting to show up..... c'mon, c'mon.....

PS: Learn the basics of the language while you languish over my post or before you post the next time... it's "you're"...
  • Reply 43 of 99
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

You're full of crap. Then again you've never worked for the guy and his companies, plural.

I have twice. He's a perfectionist and drives that from top to bottom, but values even the lowly receptionist like no other company I've ever seen.

He was paying a high school senior back in '96 $20/hr to answer the phone at the front receptionist spot, while at NeXT. That girl coveted that job.

He will never be called a tight wad, by his staff. The man pays exceptionally well and expects quality in return.

You don't like it then go work for Microsoft.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Bite me dickweed.

lamewing is lame.
  • Reply 44 of 99
    A firm and resounding "my goodness!" toward all who hate on a person that they have never met -- because they've heard stories that he's "self-centered" or "narcissistic" or "very strange to say the least" (f*-ing seriously?), and running with it. Or even worse, taking an apprehensive stance because he's rich and successful, and openly assuming that this makes somebody a personal or moral threat.

"How dare this person who helps to create such shiny and useful things that have such a positive cultural impact strike me as narcissistic! Let me express my distaste for these negative personality traits that I've projected onto someone who I've never met but is perceptively more powerful than myself so that I may feel _________"

Take a moment to introspect and fill in the blank.

I know that this honestly shouldn't be bothering me, and in all this is just people dicking around on a message board, but I honestly find such spiteful talk just appalling and perplexing.
  • Reply 45 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Really? Did he come up with a cure for some awful illness when I wasn't looking or is he still just a CEO of a tech company?

Dude get a life.

Matter of fact, clownboy, the company Jobs started has just founded a $2 billion hospital.

I'll take his "issues" over your worthless whining any old day. And I'll take my life, thanks, over whatever it is you're clinging to.
  • Reply 46 of 99
    Of course, this is tragic, in that rumor has it this will be the last b-day for Jobs. How very, very sad. I enjoyed Apple products for decades now, since the 80's. I simply don't believe that Apple will be the same without him. I hope for the best, but let's face it.

Anyhow, given that this is likely his last b-day, I expect that the upgrades to the MBP should be spectacular - that's the least they can do for such a great man. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us!
  • Reply 47 of 99
    There is some serious drama happening on these threads.

I've been coming to this site for years but just recently started reading the comments (=free entertainment.)

On another note: I want the iPad 2 to be his "one more thing," and whatever happened to iWork '11?
  • Reply 48 of 99
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    That is sweet and symbolic.

I'm not much of a SJ fan (nor any other CEO out there, to be honest) but I do wish him all the best and hope he will lead Apple for decades to come.
  • Reply 49 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by poke View Post

He likes to micromanage, but that's hardly a crime.

Heck if some of these other CEOs micromanaged a little perhaps their companies could be higher in the ranks.
  • Reply 50 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by evolvingmunki View Post

There is some serious drama happening on these threads.

I've been coming to this site for years but just recently started reading the comments (=free entertainment.)

On another note: I want the iPad 2 to be his "one more thing," and whatever happened to iWork '11?

The trolling indian is out in full force tonight-- Hard to ignore

On topic-- Dont think the ipad 2 will be involved but soon we'll see

Really looking forward to the new instant on line of pros -- been waiting for these if for nothing more than to advance the tech across the board.
  • Reply 51 of 99
    PMZ: You re real IDIOT!!
  • Reply 52 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

The trolling indian is out in full force tonight...

Is that meant to be an ethnic slur, Boogerman2000?

Just askin'....
  • Reply 53 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

The trolling indian is out in full force tonight-- Hard to ignore

On topic-- Dont think the ipad 2 will be involved but soon we'll see

Really looking forward to the new instant on line of pros -- been waiting for these if for nothing more than to advance the tech across the board.

Can we leave out the slurs that point to a race or country, not required and not necessary.
  • Reply 54 of 99
    n42n42 Posts: 34member
    Quote:

You're full of crap. Then again you've never worked for the guy and his companies, plural.

I have twice. He's a perfectionist and drives that from top to bottom, but values even the lowly receptionist like no other company I've ever seen.

He was paying a high school senior back in '96 $20/hr to answer the phone at the front receptionist spot, while at NeXT. That girl coveted that job.

He will never be called a tight wad, by his staff. The man pays exceptionally well and expects quality in return.

Thanks for your input, I'm glad to know this.
  • Reply 55 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by All Day Breakfast View Post

The secrecy and early wrapped shipments with do not open portend a bit more than a speed bump with a sandy bridge processor. SJ's birthday aside, he did mention at the unveiling of the "airs" that the "airs" were the future in notebooks. C'mon Apple, do something impressive.

Well, I can guarantee you this: the new MacBook Pros will impress some, disappoint others. There will be praise and complaints. People will buy them and get actual work done with them, while others will wait for MacBook Pros to come with USB 3, Light Peak, or whatever.
  • Reply 56 of 99
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Quote:

Stop replying to losers. In case you are having a tough time figuring out, here the list:

I asked about an event not about steve job's health. Read the freaking comment before insulting people.

Here is the original comment BTW

Originally Posted by sheff

Will there be an event, or is this going to be a "silent" upgrade?
  • Reply 57 of 99
    Quote:

I was hoping you would respond since you are one of the very few here who has actually worked for the man.

I'd make two other observations:
    • Small egos rarely accomplish big things

• Too often, an acute sense of purpose is mistaken as a sense of self-importance

• Reply 58 of 99
    I just hope , He will be healthy, Happy and around for as long as any of us .

All of you haters , Just think how much more boring your life would have been without Steve and Apple. What did you have to talk about then ?, Your wonderful Dell or HP nothing , Cold Piece of crap.

As far as New MacBook Pro , My 4 years old MacBook pro is going to my father as soon as I get my hand on a new one this month.

Happy Birthday Steve....
  • Reply 59 of 99
    Quote:

I was waiting for you to show up too! Thanks for revealing yourself.

Now, there are exactly three losers left that are waiting to show up..... c'mon, c'mon.....

PS: Learn the basics of the language while you languish over my post or before you post the next time... it's "you're"...

YOU'RE beyond pathetic.

Good thing there is a computer for you to hide behind. This way you can call people losers and not lose any teeth in the process. I am sure you are not a brave in person.

Grow up and try and act like an adult which would include not typing something you wouldn't dare say to someone face to face.
  • Reply 60 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Can you prove that statement? No matter what he has accomplished Jobs is a highly narcissistic person with excessive control issues. Wait until his birthday to release new products...oh my!

Bro don't GLOAT, you wish you accoplished a fraction of what that dude did And damn, have a little respect for the man. Love or hate Apple, this is someones husband and father! BAD KARMA FOR YOU!!!!