Comments

• Reply 81 of 93
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Toshiba - What idiots.
  • Reply 82 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post

Wow what a rant. May I ask you why are you on AI ?

Anyway getting back to your post, AI is allowed to report on tech matters, its called "Freedom of Speech", ever heard about it ? Guess not.

All I get from fandroids, m$ fanboys and the Apple-Haters, is that iOS does not have Flash, all our devices do. This is a lie, as clearly demonstrated by this article. So it has full rights to appear on AI. If competitors to Apple tout this feature or that, but is lying, then AI has full rights to report on this, irrespective whether its flash or something else.

So to answer your rant, it should be on AI, if you don't like it, don't read it, simple really.

P.S. Had to sit through an hour of drivel from a fandroid spouting his new Google nexus S, please pity me.

Well said - Menno is a moronic toll that loves to hang out here.
  • Reply 83 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Voight-Kampff View Post

Seeing people defend Apple's failure to support Flash makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, kind of like you would when you see a small child saying something completely nonsensical. They're so wrong, and they don't even know it, you just can't help but smile at them and pat their head.

You could say everything bad there is to say about Flash; it's a battery hog, it's buggy, it's losing relevance, it's not secure, etc. But the fact of the matter is, none of these are the #1 reason why Apple refuses to allow it on its iOS devices.

Flash is a development platform that can deliver applications and content via the browser, and Apple can't control it. It would be like allowing a big ol' gate in those high, thick granite walls that Apple has sealed their garden within.

The lemmings that live within the garden are only allowed to eat the plants that Farmer Jobs has allowed to be planted. Farmer Jobs doesn't feel they're smart enough to venture out into the world beyond those walls. I wholly disagree with him, but alas, I have no power to free the poor creatures.

What are you talking about ? Can you turn on your hatred for a minute and re-read your rant.

Like all liars, you attack but will not answer the initial complaint.

Most android products tout Flash, and make it no big secret in their marketing campaigns that Apple does not support this feature. Take Toshiba the other day. Take motorolly, take any of them. Yes, and can you be a little bit more original, the open vs closed propaganda has been used way too much, proven to be an outright lie, and just used for marketing purposes.

So tell me how does it feel to be manipulated by the markerters, good hey ?
  • Reply 84 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

It's good marketing strategy, even though it serves to illustrate just how unimportant Flash really is. First impressions are most important, and battery life trumps Flash. Only after the iPad 2 has arrived will Motorola release Flash, to produce a second wave of buyers.

I'm sorry, but when has deception become a "good marketing strategy"? This fundamentally is the problem with the android market.
  • Reply 85 of 93
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkalu View Post

Jobs was right again about Adobe Flash on low powered devices, just as he was right about the form factor of the tablets. Shouldn't we just accord him the respect he is due?

He was at the time, but don't forget that low powered device at the time of iPhone release and low powered devices NOW are in completely different league.

Likewise, 1080p video was not achievable on that generation hardware but is not that much of a challenge nowadays.

So Jobs was right. But he isn't right anymore.

And Spring 2011 is in a month time. It is not like Xoom will be without Flash for 12 months... I'm actually surprised Xoom will be available before that anyway; most others I have seen, like Asus, Samsung... have anounced their tablets availability for April.
  • Reply 86 of 93
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    I think 2011 is a critical year for Apple. Lots of tablets are coming so if I was Apple I would lower the margins and be even more agressive with prices on ipad2

Also its a good thing to reserved 60% of all panels for there idevices. This will ensure that even if a competitor gets popular, it will have supply issues.
  • Reply 87 of 93
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

What's the point without Flash? At $800 it seems like a overpriced iPad. Who will buy these machines? I suppose only the Apple haters.

If Flash isn't enabled on other smart phones how are people experiencing Flash sites now? Since I don't own a smart phone I don't know.

I saw Flash running only on one device so far, Samsung Galaxy S phone, a month ago. I would presume it had the latest available Android 2.3, but not sure - might have been 2.2 much as I know. I would expect that other recent Android phones should perform about the same..?

We tried a few Flash rich web sites, including my "favourite" www.subaru.co.nz (try it on iPhone or iPad and you'll see why I "like" it that much), and all worked well, correctly rendered and responsive.

We didn't do a battery test - just tried opening and browsing for a few minutes. Sans small screen (which is the reason I don't really need Flash on a phone) my experience was good.
  • Reply 88 of 93
    Dang it, that thing looks JUST LIKE an iPad!! Where is the originality??
  • Reply 89 of 93
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

SNIP

We tried a few Flash rich web sites, including my "favourite" www.subaru.co.nz (try it on iPhone or iPad and you'll see why I "like" it that much), and all worked well, correctly rendered and responsive.

SNIP

hilarious! Textbook example for bad web design when viewed on an iPad.
  • Reply 90 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I think 2011 is a critical year for Apple. Lots of tablets are coming so if I was Apple I would lower the margins and be even more agressive with prices on ipad2

Also its a good thing to reserved 60% of all panels for there idevices. This will ensure that even if a competitor gets popular, it will have supply issues.

I don't think Apple needs to lower its margins or prices on the new iPad. They might possibly keep the original iPad around at a lower price. The best solution is just making sure that iPad2 is competitive which does not mean ticking off every box but rather that it is simply the best experience in a tablet computer format.
  • Reply 91 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post

So tell me how does it feel to be manipulated by the markerters, good hey ?

My friend, as an Apple customer, you're far better qualified to answer that than I am.
  • Reply 92 of 93
    Xoom: "Grab it, and it grabs you"? like a hairy hand in the dark!
  • Reply 93 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

compelling features != Flash

Sure, I agree - my comments weren't advocating their position. However, all these competitors (Motorola/Samsung/RIM) claim their wares are better because they will run Flash and their system is "open" - but they aren't delivering.