Apple schedules secret retail employee meeting ahead of possible media event

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    "unconfirmed rumors from unreliable sources"

a spec bump doesn't warrant a retail employee meeting. it's most likely a new service.

dream big and call it training in cloud-based or NFC sales hardware, or be realistic and think that it's just some simple, basic new service the employees will be required to perform, like being able to actually find a BAG to put your purchase into.

MacBooks are coming Thursday or next Tuesday or in 22 minutes, but don't expect a new MacBook, IMac, IPhone and iPad all rolled out at once.

how many more rumors from confirmed reliable sources about delays will be met by rumors from confirmed reliable sources about there being no delays? Apple is doing a GREAT job of plugging the leaks and i'm happy about it.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    I agree! But it's not likely to be the whole story. I expect a free level of Mobile Me service to be supplemented by other subscription features. The clouds are gathering in Apple's version of your computing's future. Apple's version of Facebook will likely be one of the free features. Store employees will need some basic information supplemented after the public event. It should be part of iPad 2's debut.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    If lightpeak is rumored to be in the new MBP models, shouldn't we have seen clues of it in current OSX betas?
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

Nobody is "loosing" anything. The average Joe who doesn't follow Apple is not looking at Macbook Pros and screaming 3-5 days! Screw that.

I know, right? What are they going to do? Say, "3-5 days? I'm buying the flimsy Dell with the creaky plastic and low-res screen for $599 instead!"
  • Reply 45 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spacevator View Post

If lightpeak is rumored to be in the new MBP models, shouldn't we have seen clues of it in current OSX betas?

Not likely since there is no way to utility for current Mac builds nor 3rd-party developers. In other words, they can keep the drivers for and OS tie in side Cupertino until they ship, just like with the mini-PCIe SSD cards found in the new MBAs.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Seems to me that we are also close to IOS 4.3 release. Could have something to do with that. It would seem in character for them to release IPad 2 and IOS 4.3 together. Maybe the NDA is for the surprise announcement of the App store for Apple TV?