Apple's sixth build of Mac OS X 10.6.7 beta contains no known issues

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday issued its sixth beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 to developers, just five days after the previous release, and with no known issues.

People familiar with the latest build said it is dubbed 10J860. It is said to weigh in at around 400MB for its delta update. The software contains the same focus areas as the last build, including Safari, the Mac App Store, AirPort, Bonjour, SMB and Graphics Drivers.

The fifth beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 was made available for download to developers last Thursday. Its only change was that testers were asked to focus on the Safari Web browser, while it too contained no known issues.

The first beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 was seeded to developers on Jan. 20, only a few weeks after Mac OS X 10.6.6 and the accompanying Mac App Store were released.

Mac OS X 10.6.7 is not expected to have any major additions or features for the Snow Leopard operating system. Apple has instead turned its attention to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, which is set to launch this summer with new iOS-inspired features like application home screens and full-screen applications.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    The scintillating story of Mac OS decay continues...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bloodshotrollin'red View Post

The scintillating story of Mac OS decay continues...

What decay?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

What decay?

Pretty sure he was being facetious.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    recrec Posts: 217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GmanMac View Post

Pretty sure he was being facetious.

I hope so. The OS is rock solid, arguably, the world has never seen a modern OS this solid before... and to think some people might complain about that. =)
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by REC View Post

I hope so. The OS is rock solid, arguably, the world has never seen a modern OS this solid before... and to think some people might complain about that. =)

Yea rock solid, only support for my external monitor was removed via botched graphics driver in 10.6.5 and no fix in 10.6.6. My fingers are crossed on 10.6.7 otherwise back to 10.6.4. If its not broken don't fix it!
  • Reply 6 of 11
    hkzhkz Posts: 190member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by REC View Post

Windows 7 is rock solid too, in my experience. Haven't had a single hiccup since the public beta was available. I really hope they hired someone that has some knowledge on writing graphics drivers because the ones in OSX are really really poor.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Any chance that Mail/Preferences/Rules has been fixed to correctly size the rules window when 25 or more rules are entered. Currently the 25th rule will cause the Rules Window to extend off the bottom of the window, taking with it the control buttons.

This flaw has existed since OSX 10.4 was released. The flaw has been confirmed by Apple Engineering, Apple Geniuses, Apple Phone techs a minimum of 4 each.

Has this bug been fixed yet?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Can any developers confirm if the gigantic memory leak in FSCopyObjectAsync that makes it completely unusable is now fixed? This is a major issue in 10.6 that has been overlooked for far too long despite repeated bug reports.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Finder still sucks.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    foljsfoljs Posts: 390member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bedouin View Post

Finder still sucks.

As in what? It doesn't let you view, copy, rename, delete etc your files and directories?

If you want more kitchen sync useless stuff use Path Finder or ForkLift.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    As in one minor disk or network issue can make it beach ball.