Macbook Pro did weird blue screen instant-restart

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    im suprized to find that this problem still exists. I got a macbook pro this past christmas (Dec. 2010) and at first I had to return it because it had a problem with the CD drive within the first week. Best Buy's warranty warranted a replacement of a brand new macbook pro. So ive had this one since the beginning of January and then, last night, I was doing a paper for college and all i had open was Pages and Safari (with about 3-4 tabs where my research was etc.) All of a sudden, with out any error window, process slowing, or any other indication something bad was about to happen, my entire screen turned light blue and after about 5 seconds the screen came back on and both pages and safari had been closed and it did not save my pages document. so i started again and maybe 10-15 minutes later, it happened again (lost all my progress again). So i decided to restart my macbook. after i restarted, i opened up pages and safari and started writing again. after only 5-7 minutes this blue screen happened again. tonight i am going to take it to bestbuy and see what they can do.

so, officially, thanks apple for getting me a failing grade on a midterm essay. you bastards!
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris11791 View Post

tonight i am going to take it to bestbuy and see what they can do.

Quote:

so, officially, thanks apple for getting me a failing grade on a midterm essay. you bastards!

Pretty sure you have zero excuse not to go to your professor, explain the situation, and take it over.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    2.2 C2D MBP here.

2GB / OSX 10.6.7

Same @##%^& thing.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

-Michael
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sonofray View Post

2.2 C2D MBP here.

2GB / OSX 10.6.7

Same @##%^& thing.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

-Michael

Same Problem here with a MacBook Pro 3,1 2.2 GHz and 4GB Ram. A clean installation of 10.6.7 didn't help. The system crashes (often, not always) when heavy using the machine (Lightroom), when maximizing a Flash video in Safari or any video in VLC- Player. The MPlayer doesn't make such problem.

I went to a Apple Store and got a new Logic Board, because they thought I have the Nvidea GPU- Problem... again! Its my 3rd logic board.

Does anyone have a solution for the problem?
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SummerinBerlin View Post

Same Problem here with a MacBook Pro 3,1 2.2 GHz and 4GB Ram. A clean installation of 10.6.7 didn't help. The system crashes (often, not always) when heavy using the machine (Lightroom), when maximizing a Flash video in Safari or any video in VLC- Player. The MPlayer doesn't make such problem.

I went to a Apple Store and got a new Logic Board, because they thought I have the Nvidea GPU- Problem... again! Its my 3rd logic board.

Does anyone have a solution for the problem?

SOLVED:

It was the RAM. Make sure you have Apple specific sticks installed.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION.

I just remove the two RAM sticks I had (total 4gb purchased at Micro Center) at the suggestion of an Apple tech. he told me this might be a hardware problem but since the problem began right around the time I replaced the RAM it more than likely is associated. I did do and took it back to the store and was told by one of their people that is also a tech that the RAM must be for Apple products to work and not just RAM that will fit the slot and boot up. He told me that most brands and particularly Centon must have something showing that it is designated for Mac. I bought another two sticks that says on the package for Mac and so far so good. The blue screen looping which was getting worse and worse (three times this morning in fifteen minutes) has not happened since.

Check your RAM and make sure that any upgrades were made especially for Mac. I think this will do the trick and I will chime in again when i have played with it more.

I don't have a solution but I can tell that the same thing is happening to me with my MBP bought summer 2007. It happens when I open photos in prevue. The first time it was opening several at one time in rapid succession, now it can happen with one just opened. It happened to me last night twice in ten minutes. A couple of weeks ago it was looping, restarting every few seconds. I did seem to find one action that seems to have made it more stable. I unplugged the five external drives I have chained into it and it not only has stopped doing this o far but seems faster too. Any ideas?