Verizon: iPhone 4 launch largest in its history, LTE on the way

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    sgnqsgnq Posts: 11member
    way to go gftuna, thanks for the report.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

The only thing deranged is the person typing on your keyboard. Hard to believe its an adult. Like I said to you in another thread, its easy to behave in this manner when you have the luxury of hiding behind a computer. Which seems to be an issue on this forum.

Your repeated childish and cowardly behavior is pretty sad for a grown man. Which I am using the term man loosely.

Do you think you are not a coward hiding behind your keyboard? Frankly, the only childish caterwauling emanating here is from you.

Moving on, I think gftuna's post above is the canary in the coalmine for Google: it will be the major tech headline in another few weeks. Androidians are likely in for a gobsmacking. Xoom will not be too far behind.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

You are mistaken.

Thanks for correcting me Quinney, It's Microsoft that pays dividends

hmmm...Google was at 430 something just last summer, now they're at 610. That's about a 40% increase in 6-7 months which is most likely due to android. No big deal to me, I don't invest in Tech stocks because they're to risky for me. One day it's doing great and then suddenly the bubble bursts and they crash faster then Lindsey lohan's career.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Do you think you are not a coward hiding behind your keyboard? Frankly, the only childish caterwauling emanating here is from you.

Moving on, I think gftuna's post above is the canary in the coalmine for Google: it will be the major tech headline in another few weeks. Androidians are likely in for a gobsmacking. Xoom will not be too far behind.

Blah, Blah Blah. Grow some balls and while you're at it acquire some common sense. Try and fit those two things in while you are busy correcting grammar on the forum.

For now I will just keep you on ignore, I have already given you too much of my time.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chrispoe View Post

Thanks for correcting me Quinney, It's Microsoft that pays dividends

hmmm...Google was at 430 something just last summer, now they're at 610. That's about a 40% increase in 6-7 months which is most likely due to android. No big deal to me, I don't invest in Tech stocks because they're to risky for me. One day it's doing great and then suddenly the bubble bursts and they crash faster then Lindsey lohan's career.

Is there any particular reason you are comparing a 52-week low to the current price?

If you compare with a more natural 'price one year ago,' Google is up by about 15%. Even without adjusting for Google's risk, that actually underperforms the S&P (which saw about 18% growth).

By comparison, Apple grew 71% during the same period.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Is there any particular reason you are comparing a 52-week low to the current price?

If you compare with a more natural 'price one year ago,' Google is up by about 15%. Even without adjusting for Google's risk, that actually underperforms the S&P (which saw about 18% growth).

By comparison, Apple grew 71% during the same period.

I was not comparing anything...LOL

I was addressing Constable Odo's question.....Why the hell are analysts praising Android to the sky just because of its growing market share?

answer= rapid increase of share value(last 6-7 months)

Should I not have given an answer with so much detail?
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gftuna View Post

I was in a small mall in Reno NV. In the mall there was a ATT and Verizon cell phone kiosk side by side. Both had big banners promoting their version of the iphone. I talk to the manager of the Verizon kios and asked about how the iphone sales were going. She told me that they were selling about 35-50 iphones a day which she was very happy with because they were a very small kiosk in a small mall. She said the bigger kios and stories were doing 100 phones a day. The one thing that really got my attention was the manager told me that since they started to sale the iphone 4, was that the sale of Android phones had drop to 3 to 5 a day. I know that this was only one small cell phone kiosk but I found the info the manager told me was interesting. When the Android phone was in direct competion with the iphone people chose the iphone most of the time. What also was interesting was how much the two cell phone kiosk were competing for iphone customers.

Interesting observations. Would be nice to know what the sale figures are like across the board.

I have mentioned this before, so may as well do again, in my opinion android is finished.

How can it survive ? In about a years time there will be hundreds of handsets and tablets, how will the average consumer be able to differentiate ?

Too much choice is not good. You don't have to have a Masters in business to know what is going to happen. I feel sorry for the poor bastards that opt for cheapness or get sucked in by specifications and choose android. Then find that the manufacturer and/or carrier won't update the OS, and they will be stuck with a product that will quickly become redundant, technology wise.

If I was contemplating of buying android (which I would never, as I would rather drink concentrated sulphuric acid 16M), then the issue of redundancy would weight heavily on my mind.

I'm just amazed they actually sell so many, it just goes to show you how people can be foolish and not think ahead. Money rules their logic processors.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NextTechnocrati View Post

I will only call Android a major player when ONE Android device topples any iOS device (including iPod Nano) in terms of consumer patronage. In the meantime Android is still a mere flash in the pan and can't win against iOS on one device.

LOL! +1 for the iPod Nano. Just got my 16g today, love it! The smallest touch screen out there works with such fluidity and you can pretty much place it anywhere!