How can I get the cheapest phone card?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I didn't know whether to put this in GD or here, but I figure GD is for general Mac topics, so I'll post this here.

Since my girlfriend lives in NC and I live here, I wanted to get a calling card for cheap. She doesn't seem to want to ever come on here anymore *sigh*, so maybe I can actually talk to her this way. I had one a while back (got it somewhere), but since I haven't used it for a while I think it doesn't work anymore (was one of these cheap things so I doubt it was very reliable).

I don't wanna call her long-distance and get in trouble, so I was wondering where to find a cheap prepaid calling card that I can add minutes to. I looked in CVS and their cards are f*cking $18.99 for 80 minutes. I think the old one I had was about half the price for 60. I heard you can get them real cheap. I don't really need international, just one where I can call anywhere in the U.S. w/o any stupid connection fees or hidden costs.

I found this wwww.nobelcom.com which seems cheap but I don't know whether I want the hastle of buying one online.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Get a cell phone... long distance is included usually. Or you could always get a girlfriend near you
  • Reply 2 of 7
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    My gf's in St. Louis, and we use BigZoo.com. Local access numbers in most cities (plus 800 numbers) and it's 2.9 cents a minute (3.9 if you use an 800 number). There's no actual card, you just get a pin online and recharge it whenever it runs out. Quick & easy. We looked a lot for the best deal, and BigZoo was it.

You might also want to check out 7-11. Every once in a while they sell phone cards with no connection fee and 1.9 cents/minute. Be careful, though, because usually the 1.9c/min card comes with a 75c connection fee. If you can find it without, it's a great deal.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I buy calling cards from Sam's Club.

1,000 minutes for ~$70 last one I bought. It's still got 700+ minutes on it and I bought it last summer (now you know why I don't have long distance on my phone ).

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: groverat ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>I didn't know whether to put this in GD or here, but I figure GD is for general Mac topics, so I'll post this here.

Since my girlfriend lives in NC and I live here, I wanted to get a calling card for cheap. She doesn't seem to want to ever come on here anymore *sigh*, so maybe I can actually talk to her this way. I had one a while back (got it somewhere), but since I haven't used it for a while I think it doesn't work anymore (was one of these cheap things so I doubt it was very reliable).

I don't wanna call her long-distance and get in trouble, so I was wondering where to find a cheap prepaid calling card that I can add minutes to. I looked in CVS and their cards are f*cking $18.99 for 80 minutes. I think the old one I had was about half the price for 60. I heard you can get them real cheap. I don't really need international, just one where I can call anywhere in the U.S. w/o any stupid connection fees or hidden costs.

I found this wwww.nobelcom.com which seems cheap but I don't know whether I want the hastle of buying one online.

Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sam's Club / AT & T phone cards work out to 3.47 cents per minute.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Why would I want to just leave the girl of my dreams?

Cell phones are expensive.

Thanks guys. I think there is a Sam's club that opened up around here. I'll check it out. ANywayz I did buy that expensive ass one just in case but I can always take it back. The money doesnt matter though since I'd spend anything on her.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

[quote]<strong>Why would I want to just leave the girl of my dreams?

Cell phones are expensive.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I was kidding about leaving her. And cell phones aren't expensive. You could either get a pre-paid one or go for a cheap plan and a free phone. If you look around it really isn't that bad.

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I just bought 2 CellPhones today

Sanyo 5150

LG 5250

first one is amazing and it costs 99 after rebates, usually 299. bestbuy deal

2nd one is great and is normally 199. it's free after rebates from bestbuy.

for 34.99 a month you can get 200 anytime minutes and 3500 night/weekend minutes. those are long distance minutes too. 3500 minutes for 35 bucks isn't too shabby