Apple's iOS 4.3 has 2X faster JavaScript, AirPlay from iTunes to iPad & iPhone

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    diddydiddy Posts: 282member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

he could always jailbreak it and get it for free

Yes, but that violates your legally binding contract with AT&T - something I will not endorse at all.
  • Reply 22 of 49
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diddy View Post

Yes, but that violates your legally binding contract with AT&T - something I will not endorse at all.

lol u follow the rules? what a nerd

jk
  • Reply 23 of 49
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Hopefully the GM build will show up in dev accounts.

You can't wait nine days? Come on.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by diddy View Post

That contract is full of more holes than matter on the atomic level.
  • Reply 24 of 49
    djmikeodjmikeo Posts: 180member
    I love a lot of the features that iOS4.2 offers for my iPhone and AppleTV2, but there is one feature that I would love to see, or rather hear. It would great to have the AppleTV have an option to stream the sound to the iPhone so I could watch a movie in the bedroom on the ATV2, but listen to the audio on my earphones on my iPhone. This would allow me to watch my programs without disturbing my better-half that is asleep next to me. The iPhone would act as a wireless headphone receiver and a remote for the ATV2.
  • Reply 25 of 49
    kiweekiwee Posts: 102member
    I'm disappointed with 4.3. Why no personal hotspots for 3GS? I mean, the still sell the phone, so it's obviously not obsolete.

I refuse to believe it has something to do with performance.
  • Reply 26 of 49
    diddydiddy Posts: 282member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

I'm disappointed with 4.3. Why no personal hotspots for 3GS? I mean, the still sell the phone, so it's obviously not obsolete.

ETA: Apparently I was wrong... Must be hardware limitations of the Wireless chipset of the 3Gs. It has to be something since you can tether via bluetooth and USB with the 3GS.
  • Reply 27 of 49
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

mmmm... that is a bummer, I missed that. Maybe technical or perhaps a good way to sell iPhone 4s?
  • Reply 28 of 49
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranger_one View Post

I wouldn't draw any conclusions, it's probably right around the corner. CDMA probably adds additional development and QA overhead on this variant of the OS, and since the last tick was to Verizon, it's not surprising this tock is to AT&T.

They will probably unify everything at iOS 5
  • Reply 29 of 49
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    No mention of the 4 finger gestures that were being trialled in the developer builds. I wonder if this means they're out for the GM, or simply not being promoted?

I'll be sad if they are gone, as I've got very used to "full hand pinching" the screen to return home, and full fingered pulling up the widget bar to move between apps.
  • Reply 30 of 49
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Home sharing for iOS was long overdue.

Too bad iOS 5 wasn't shown though. Honeycomb is streets ahead of iOS now so Apple really should have teased some features if nothing else.
  • Reply 31 of 49
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

...... Honeycomb is streets ahead of iOS now so Apple really should have teased some features if nothing else.

How so?
  • Reply 32 of 49
    Quote:

Home sharing for iOS was long overdue.

Big time. For playing up the idevice audio/video ecosystem this should have been here long ago.

Quote:

Too bad iOS 5 wasn't shown though. Honeycomb is streets ahead of iOS now so Apple really should have teased some features if nothing else.

I'm not sure I would say its far ahead if any, but showcasing new features this early could also allow other mobile OSes to implement and steal the thunder from some new super sexy feature we all didn't know we needed yet.
  • Reply 33 of 49
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Headrush69 View Post

Big time. For playing up the idevice audio/video ecosystem this should have been here long ago.

That's difficult to say. Perhaps Apple has just now gotten it working in a satisfactory way.

Quote:

Exactly how do you qualify this?

Especially seeing as their is no shipping tablet using Honeycomb yet.
  • Reply 34 of 49
    How about some features everyone would use? Like Voice Dial (!) and system wide speech to text.... Android has both and they are superb features....
  • Reply 35 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applenewbie View Post

How about some features everyone would use? Like Voice Dial (!) and system wide speech to text.... Android has both and they are superb features....

How about some decent file management? Getting docs in and out of the iPad is horrible. That's what I'm waiting to see in the next version.
  • Reply 36 of 49
    derevderev Posts: 64member
    It would be nice if AirPrint was opened up to other printers besides HP. Any word on that. The press release just mentions it as an existing feature of iOS 4.3
  • Reply 37 of 49
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by michaelb View Post

No mention of the 4 finger gestures that were being trialled in the developer builds.

The 'mention' during the beta was that they weren't ever going to be included in 4.3 final.
  • Reply 38 of 49
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applenewbie View Post

You must be joking! Those are hardly features that put andriod "streets ahead". it shows you have a total lack of understanding about what the iOS platform is and does, and the functionality that is actually available on iOS devices. Those are minor features to the overwhelming majority of people, and in fact, are just that "features", not a platform/ecosystem. Further, apple will, at some point in time, have similar expanded features as those when the time is right based on performance, and ease of use and implementation. Also, the iphone absolutely has voice dial to access all your contacts, and speech to text is available in many incredible apps, including googles own apps available on iOS devices. So before you make such ridiculous comments, you really should have a thorough understanding of what you are talking about.
  • Reply 39 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

You must be joking! Those are hardly features that put andriod "streets ahead". it shows you have a total lack of understanding about what the iOS platform is and does, and the functionality that is actually available on iOS devices. Those are minor features to the overwhelming majority of people, and in fact, are just that "features", not a platform/ecosystem. Further, apple will, at some point in time, have similar expanded features as those when the time is right based on performance, and ease of use and implementation. Also, the iphone absolutely has voice dial to access all your contacts, and speech to text is available in many incredible apps, including googles own apps available on iOS devices. So before you make such ridiculous comments, you really should have a thorough understanding of what you are talking about.

I stand corrected on the voice dial. On system wide speech to text,my droid had it and I loved it. Sending text messages and emails with built in speech to text is the one feature I miss most. No having to use the nuance app and then cut and paste. Love most everything else about my iPhone though. By the way this is my third iOS device,pilgrim.
  • Reply 40 of 49
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You can't wait nine days?

Nope.