Apple releases iOS 4.3 Golden Master to developers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

It must be an iPad thing, doesn't work on my i4.

Nor should it.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,066member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diddy View Post

At&t does not allow for the ability to have tethering with an unlimited data plan period. You have to either have the 2 or 4 gig data plan before they will sell you a tethering plan.

Guess I'm something of the heretic here, but I understand why that is. But it also seems like there is an opportunity for a simple technological solution: data flowing though the tether option is merely capped at some limit. Or once that limit is exceeded via the tether, there is a charge in that billing cycle. Simple, effective and ultimately makes AT&T some extra dough.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    The gestures are only there if your device is set as a dev test device. You can do this through Xcode tools if you are a developer.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Wow this is one good update, Safari is very fast on the iPad, and home sharing is WOW, been wanting this for a long time.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Looking forward to safari performance boost with the update. It's no slouch but obviously any speed updates to a web browser are welcome news.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

It was announced by Apple that it would not reach final build. it was just a test in the beta builds. We'll know for sure once all iOS devices get it installed today.

On the iPad these gestures were not present in Beta 3 and they are not in the GM either.

Just to confirm they are if you use your iPad for development.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

The gestures are only there if your device is set as a dev test device. You can do this through Xcode tools if you are a developer.

Done It. That was very easy, was a bit trigger happy with the excitement!

[How do you do that? My UDID is registered but I haven't made it a test device with Xcode. I'm a designer, not a developer.]
  • Reply 28 of 32
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    This article seems to bastardized the definition of golden master. The term refers to a version that is used in a manufactured product. Once product has been manufactured, it can't be changed. However a new golden master could be produced.

A better term for hat is being referred to in the article would be final release candidate.

Granted, many people are making this error now and the term may lose its clear definition as a result. Incidentally, the he same is true of the word "bricked".
  • Reply 29 of 32
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

I can confirm that AirPlay is working with video across the web.

Does this mean at airplay works with ALL video in safari?
  • Reply 30 of 32
    juandljuandl Posts: 230member
    Can someone PLEASE tell me that the new iTunes sharing thru WiFi, will also work for my non Intel Mini thru WiFi.

We keep getting left behind.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacCrazy View Post

Done It. That was very easy, was a bit trigger happy with the excitement!

[How do you do that? My UDID is registered but I haven't made it a test device with Xcode. I'm a designer, not a developer.]

Download Xcode from Apple and install it on your Mac. Open Xcode, and click on the iPad icon in the sidebar. In this new window, click on ?Use for Development?, log in with your Apple developer credentials and wait for Xcode to verify the device with Apple?s servers.

Once the procedure is done and the icon next to the iPad is green, close Xcode and kill the Settings app on your iPad from the multitasking tray. You can do so by opening the tray with double click on the Home button and perform a tap & hold on the Settings app icon. Tap on the red button to quit the app.

Now open Settings again, and under the ?General? tab you should find the ?Multitasking Gestures? preference. By default, it?s set to ?On?. You can now reveal the multitasking tray with a 4-5 finger swipe up, switch between apps and return to the homescreen with a 4-5 finger pinch gesture.

Source: www.macstories.net
  • Reply 32 of 32
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    Is the hardware orientation lock available for iPhone 4?