Shipments of Apple's iPad 2 could reach 3M in Q1 2011, 12M in Q2

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    applestudapplestud Posts: 367member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neomie View Post

What I feel disappointed that the iPad 2 is still not capable of running Flash Player.

Seriously, stop dreaming. It's not gonna happen. Ever.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    ... of Ball-mer. He and MS are bringing Apps to the iPad, and there are rumors, that Office for iPad is on it's way for those that just "HAVE to have it".

History does repeat itself: Office was for the macs before Windows ever came about, just FYI.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EyeNsteinNo View Post

One reason so many iPad 2's will be sold this year is because Steve Baller is buying all the microsoft employees two of them, good business, one for work and one for home.

PS: Spelling Police Alarm: please... have mercy on me for not typing "too" in the headline... please!... go easy.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    xsuxsu Posts: 401member
    Quote:

It came out earlier than expected. What I feel disappointed that the iPad 2 is still not capable of running Flash Player. The only one thing I feel puzzled, for some sites, it seems that they got advance preparation for iPad 2 for a long long time, becauz they followed close behind iPad 2 release?.The iPad 2 has been released just a moment ago, they are immediately claimed that some software has been developed for iPad 2? http://technsports.com/free-macx-ipa...ac-users/5766/

Software developers only have to worry about compatibility with iOS 4.3, and developers got their test versions some times ago. This is the exact reason why Apple wants to keep hardware variations to a minimum. It makes developer's life much easier.

And please stop with the flash comment. At least until Adobe demonstrate one that works well on a mobile device first.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    Quote:

...What I feel disappointed that the iPad 2 is still not capable of running Flash Player...

Reality is that the iPad "could" be, and is capable... but Adobe Flash would probably fry the insides and put a McDonalds-sized burn in your lap at the same time. Check out the recent reviews of the RIM Playbook. Flash is gonna... well... "up-in-flash" with the bugger.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    The reason why they may sell that many is early adopter syndrome. I invented that but I think it is true.

I am an early adopter, and I will get the new iPad 2 ( which is, as it happens, far from being an incremental update - twice the speed and 9X the graphics is anything but). Of the 15M who got one last year about 10M are early adopters, at an educated guess. The 10M old iPads will re-sell or go to family, or friends, increasing the installed base.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

... of Ball-mer. He and MS are bringing Apps to the iPad, and there are rumors, that Office for iPad is on it's way for those that just "HAVE to have it".

History does repeat itself: Office was for the macs before Windows ever came about, just FYI.

PS: Spelling Police Alarm: please... have mercy on me for not typing "too" in the headline... please!... go easy.

I knew that, I bought version 1.0 with my first Mac, it had 128K of RAM. The MS package had Word, Chart, Base and a spreadsheet which I upgraded in Dec 1985 for Excel for $50 !
  • Reply 27 of 30
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Avidfcp View Post

Hope entitled dreams come true.

Ironic from the person going from California to Boston...
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aeolian View Post

Daharder has you beat!!!

Oh no, he want's all three to work at the same time.

Quote:

LOL!!!

Indeed!
  • Reply 29 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

Seriously, stop dreaming. It's not gonna happen. Ever.

It could happen if Adobe ever fixed the speed, power consumption and reliability issues.

Er, wait - your right - that's never going to happen...