buying iWork '09 with new MBP -- what's Apple's software update policy?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm about to order a new MBP this week, and I planned to have iWork preinstalled since there's a $30 discount if iWork is ordered with a new Mac.

As most people around here know, iWork '11 is seemingly way overdue. Does anyone know Apple's policy for software updates for people who buy software that becomes outdated right after purchase? This happened to me once before when I bought a PowerBook, but I can't remember if the cut-off was 10 days, 20 days, etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    14 days. You may not even get it, and I seriously doubt iWork '11 coming out in 14 days, anyway.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jsk173jsk173 Posts: 42member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

14 days.

Thanks.

Quote:

You may not even get it, and I seriously doubt iWork '11 coming out in 14 days, anyway.

What do you mean, "[I] may not even get it"?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsk173 View Post

What do you mean, "[I] may not even get it"?

Apple may not even do an official "update when bought within the last xx days" thing with iWork '11.

Not that you wouldn't get it when you ordered it with your computer.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jsk173jsk173 Posts: 42member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Apple may not even do an official "update when bought within the last xx days" thing with iWork '11.

Not that you wouldn't get it when you ordered it with your computer.

Oh, okay. I thought it was a standard policy for every software release.

In any event, I hope iWork '11 comes out soon. There have been several false starts online (some books that were due out late last year, a mid-February rumor involving Mexico's Best Buy, etc.), so it seems like it should be out sooner rather than later.