Outlook 2011 for Mac question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi everyone. Is this the right place to post something about this program? Someone in the office has a Mac laptop with the newest version fo the OS and the latest version of Office for the Mac. The Mac is connected to our Windows domain network and Outlook setup with our Exchange server was simple and flawless.

However, this user has found that she doesn't have access to her distribution lists inside her Contacts folder. She can and has access to all of her individual contacts but there is zero access to any distribution lists in that folder that she created on her old Windows machine.

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? I figure it has to be a simply Outlook configuration issue. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    I presume that you mean that your friend cannot use these lists to send messages. Hate to break it to you, but Exchange mailing lists are not universal. Just because you have an account on your firm's Exchange server does not mean that you have access to all of the mailing lists on the server. I have no idea how access is controlled, but it is controlled. If your friend needs access to a particular mailing list, then your friend should contact your IT staff.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Hi Mr. Me. Thanks for the reply. She can't use dist. lists that she created in her own Contacts folder in her mailbox. The problem isn't with dist. lists in the Global Address List but with dist. lists in her own Contacts folder. I can't believe they would be inaccessible to Mac Outlook users.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thrasonic View Post

Hi Mr. Me. Thanks for the reply. She can't use dist. lists that she created in her own Contacts folder in her mailbox. The problem isn't with dist. lists in the Global Address List but with dist. lists in her own Contacts folder. I can't believe they would be inaccessible to Mac Outlook users.

At first blush, I would say that you either don't have or are leaving out a lot of relevant information. Outlook 2011 is little more than an evolutionary update to Entourage EWS. It sounds like your friend has not completed her update from Entourage to Outlook 2011:
    • Did your friend complete the transition from Entourage to Outlook 2011?

• Are any of your friend's Entourage contacts missing from her Outlook 2011 contacts?

• Is your friend able to send mail to single email addresses from her Contact List?