What is happening in Group A?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Okay so I care a little about football sosume

What is happening in our group? France was seen as the worst in our group and the team we feared the most. Now Denmark is in the lead and France at the bottom having scored no goals at all. Right now it seems like Senegal is sure to win the group and France and Denmark will have to fight for the second place and unless France scores three goals on us we are sure to continue. This is not how I imagined the score would be now.

What happened?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Is this tennis? © Anders

- T.I.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by The Installer:

<strong>Is this tennis? © Anders

- T.I.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No it's a beer drinking contest.

Anders, the french team was lame against Senegal, most of our players where tired due to participation in too many european championships. However i am not a big fan of football and i won't be angry if Denmark win : at the express condition of an another beer, upps ...!

Have you upss ever seen uppss a drunken surgeon in act ... upss... ion ?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by tonton:

<strong>Looks like a great group! Results will quite possibly be one win, one draw and one loss for each of the six teams! In order to move on, France needs to beat Denmark by more than two goals. They will likely play an offense heavy match, and we should see lots of goals. Looks like it'll be a good one!

And Senegal! Holy smokes it would be great to see them in the elimination round.

Underdogs rule! Let's see USA vs. Senegal in the final! That'll teach those stuck up Europeans!</strong><hr></blockquote>

racist

i want to see the final between Japon and South korea
  • Reply 4 of 6
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Is it true that if you have a tie game and win in the shootout you get two points?

If that's the case, and you need a two point lead to stay ahead and are only up by one point, doesn't it make more sense to score on your own goal to tie it up and try and win the shootout if you think you can't score?

Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't that work?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    sapisapi Posts: 207member
    [quote] Is it true that if you have a tie game and win in the shootout you get two points? <hr></blockquote>

no. after 90 minutes and a tie, they play sudden death for 30 minutes. Without goals in these 30 minutes they will have both teams doing 5 penalty shoots. Penalty = 11 meters from goal.

Winner will get three points as usual.