thx

oddy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    i don think so, i own one, and i dont think so
  • Reply 2 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Are any Umax scanners supported in OS X? My dad has one (I'm not sure which model) and I'd love to use it sometime on my computer.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    If it is not supported under os x it is supported under classic. I have UMAX 2200 which has both a SCSI and USB interface. It came with software for both Mac and Windows.

[quote]Originally posted by oddysseey:

<strong>is it supported by os x???

please answer fast...

thx

oddy</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by rjpotts:

<strong>If it is not supported under os x it is supported under classic. I have UMAX 2200 which has both a SCSI and USB interface. It came with software for both Mac and Windows.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I know that... but when you say classic will it work in the classic environment or will I had to use OS 9? The whole reason why I haven't used the scanner is because I don't wanna use 9.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Yes,

But not by Umax. VueScan supports the Astra 2200 in it's driver list; however, I use the Scanner with scsi, not usb and I do not know if Vuescan will support it then.

So, maybe your in luck.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    gradusgradus Posts: 1member
    [QUOTE=EmAn;127656]
    Quote:

Originally posted by rjpotts:

<strong>If it is not supported under os x it is supported under classic. I have UMAX 2200 which has both a SCSI and USB interface. It came with software for both Mac and Windows.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I know that... but when you say classic will it work in the classic environment or will I had to use OS 9? The whole reason why I haven't used the scanner is because I don't wanna use 9.

Umax Astra 2200 will work in OS X with SilverFast software from SilverSoft Imaging mine works on USB with OS X 6.6
  • Reply 7 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gradus View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmAn View Post

Umax Astra 2200 will work in OS X with SilverFast software from SilverSoft Imaging mine works on USB with OS X 6.6

You're 9 years too late. OP said he needed an answer fast.