Apple to begin production of white iPhone 4 this month, ship by April, says analyst

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    I waited a month for the White iPhone 4 last summer. Never again. Plus I no longer think White is a good choice since the white border will distractingly reflect screen contents in dark rooms. Getting Black iPad 2 for that reason.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    The biggest problem with the white iPhone might be camera performance.

There's the risk of increased lens flare if they don't isolate the cameras somehow with a collar.

Also, there will be a definite issue with shooting shiny objects close up with the white handset; it'll show up much more than the black phone. I notice this issue when I use my camera on my silver tripod. I have two other tripods that are much darker, and I have to use those if I'm photographing shiny or highly reflective objects.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

I think the problem was with the flash, not the camera itself. Does the VGA camera on the front of the iPad have a flash?

I heard there were problems with the image and that it was exacerbated in cases with the flash but I don't care really.

I was mostly just posting a short rude comment in response to the short rude comment originally posted because turnabout is fair play and all that rot.

That's what teh internet forums are all about, no?
  • Reply 24 of 28
    spuditspudit Posts: 49member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyopicPaideia View Post

Strongly implies that the next iPhone will be a spec bump and not a redesign.

Agreed- It doesn't appear that the IP4 design is going anywhere very quickly. I'd rather see Apple put their resources behind reworking IOS than getting out an iphone redesign this year.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyopicPaideia View Post

Strongly implies that the next iPhone will be a spec bump and not a redesign.

Agree but it might also imply a second, less expensive iPhone based on iPod Touch form factor too.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPedro View Post

Considering Apple went to incredible lengths to fix this issue, I think it's safe to assume that the glass iPhone design is going to stay around for a while. Rumors of a metal back iPhone 5 aren't plausible after seeing this.

I believe the next iPhone will be more of an intermediate step with an A5 chip, 64GB storage and perhaps a Thunderbolt port or controller via the dock connector for faster syncing.

Many suspect a new antenna design at least, whether "necessary" or not - to put that notion to bed, unless Apple enjoys showing Consumer Reports they're irrelevant to the customers of Cupertino.

And whatever, there should be places to daub a little white on any next design. Plus it will goose sales late in the cycle - a be a "limited collectible" 20 years from now.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    spuditspudit Posts: 49member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPedro View Post

Considering Apple went to incredible lengths to fix this issue, I think it's safe to assume that the glass iPhone design is going to stay around for a while. Rumors of a metal back iPhone 5 aren't plausible after seeing this.

I believe the next iPhone will be more of an intermediate step with an A5 chip, 64GB storage and perhaps a Thunderbolt port or controller via the dock connector for faster syncing.

So here's a noob question then...what is the max throughput of the 30 pin connector? Is it only limited by USB 2, or it is capable of better speeds, possibly through Thunderbolt with a peripheral addon.

It seems unlikely that they are heading to a whole redesign of the connector port on i-devices, especially after the iPad 2 just came out with no mods in this area.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Kuo sees Apple selling a record 18 million iPhones in the first quarter of calendar 2010.

Again, no proofreading it seems.