Apple offering guided tours of iPad 2 through promotional videos

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple has posted to its website several in-depth videos highlighting both old and new features of the iPad 2 in advance of the tablet's U.S. launch on Friday.

The updated Guided Tours section of Apple's iPad product website went live late Wednesday with 14 videos detailing significant software features of the new touchscreen tablet.

The guided tour videos are part of an Apple marketing blitz that will culminate in the iPad 2's 5 p.m. launch on Friday. Early reviews of the iPad 2 began surfacing late Wednesday, with some reviewers naming the iPad 2 as the best tablet available.

Included in the tours were informational videos on Apple's two flagship content creation apps for the iPad 2: iMovie and GarageBand, which will be available for $4.99 each on the App Store starting Friday.

GarageBand for iPad supports guitar input via a third-party adapter, such as Apogee's Jam, as well as virtual instruments such as guitar, piano and drums. Apple has also designed "smart instruments" that require no musical training to use.

iMovie for iPad features a multi-touch Precision Editor feature and audio waveform view that are unavailable on the iPhone and iPod touch versions of the app.

Also new to the iPad, the FaceTime app received a video of its own, highlighting the addition of front and rear cameras to the tablet and showcasing the video chat function of the device.

With upgraded third-party support in iOS 4.3, which was released Wednesday, AirPlay also received a video highlight detailing the wireless streaming capabilities of the device.

In a departure from last year's set of guided tour videos for the original iPad, Apple has chosen not to include videos specifically demoing its iWork productivity suite this year, possibly indicating that Apple's marketing strategy for the iPad 2 will focus primarily on consumer interests, e.g., FaceTime, iMovie and GarageBand, rather than on business and productivity uses.

Also featured on the website are guided tour videos for: Mail, Safari, iBooks, Videos, Photos, Find My iPad, iPod, iTunes, App Store and Maps.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    oc4theooc4theo Posts: 294member
    I will get my first iPad this weekend, especially for the new GarageBand. It rocks!

The next question is; "What will I do with my black Macbook and my 8-core Mac Pro?". Of course the new iPad2 won't replace my iPhone 4, but it is sure to make me use my iPhone less.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

I will get my first iPad this weekend, especially for the new GarageBand. It rocks!

The next question is; "What will I do with my black Macbook and my 8-core Mac Pro?". Of course the new iPad2 won't replace my iPhone 4, but it is sure to make me use my iPhone less.

Huh.. you can give the Mac Pro to me and your MacBook to the guy after me, eh?

I take it from the last sentence, you don't have many friends to call ?

Anyway, that white iPad look appealing but I don't actualy fond of them.. Can't wait until they reach my local Apple Store for comparison.. but then I don't usually able to make my mind up easily so I wonder if they could let me bring two back home to decide
  • Reply 3 of 9
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splash-reverse View Post

Huh.. you can give the Mac Pro to me and your MacBook to the guy after me, eh?

I take it from the last sentence, you don't have many friends to call ?

Anyway, that white iPad look appealing but I don't actualy fond of them.. Can't wait until they reach my local Apple Store for comparison.. but then I don't usually able to make my mind up easily so I wonder if they could let me bring two back home to decide

Maybe you should take English grammar lessons so we can decipher what you said and meant. just a thought...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    ieyeieye Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

[/B]

Maybe you should take English grammar lessons so we can decipher what you said and meant. just a thought...

Let's just ban anyone without perfect grammar and diction. Or maybe not. Maybe that skill of "deciphering" will be more and more useful as English - or, more to the point, approximations of it - becomes the lingua franca.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:

[/B]

Get up feeling like you needed to kick the dog?

I am a nit picker myself and noticed the grammar/spelling issues but knew they were probably just blunders. I think correcting a common misuse of a word or grammar is instructive for all - a comment like yours does nothing but cause hurt and pain and there is quite enough of that in my world without kicking someone in the jewels for a small error or two.

Cheers - and I really do hope the rest of your day goes better than then it apparently started.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Maybe iWork videos are delayed because there is a new version of iWorks just around the corner?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:

[/B]

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    He who throws the first stone....three will be returned!

Your sentence has mismatching verb cases: ie use of "should" and "can". You also wrote incorrectly combined phrases followed by a "sentence" without a verb and no Capital letter starting on "just". The use of English and Grammer is not needed. English is implied by the context.

You are the one who also needs to brush up on you grammer. Your "sentence" should have been written as follows:

"Perhaps you should take grammer lessons, then it might be deciphered."

That is my thinking.

Quote:

[/B]

• Reply 9 of 9
    walneywalney Posts: 70member