Some Apple retail stores plan to open early Tuesday for iPad 2 sales

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    NPR just reported new shipments hitting apple stores tomorrow...and opening early...But remember, this is an NPR report, so its about as trustworthy as a Rush Limbaugh report.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

NPR just reported new shipments hitting apple stores tomorrow...and opening early...But remember, this is an NPR report, so its about as trustworthy as a Rush Limbaugh report.

I called an Apple store this afternoon, and the cust rep did say they will open an hour earlier tomorrow. She was non-committal about actually admitting there will be an iPad 2 coming in. I changed the question to how many they will have on hand, and she said she is not sure but to call back in tomorrow.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

If they have them in the stores this week I think I may trade my Ipad in for a 3g model Ipad. I haven't decided yet....

Thanks for quoting the entire article!
  • Reply 24 of 36
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    What is Xoom? Does anyone realise how limited it is around the world, if at all available?

60 million iPad 2s in 2011 is going to blow everything away. End of story. Really.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

What is Xoom? Does anyone realise how limited it is around the world, if at all available?

60 million iPad 2s in 2011 is going to blow everything away. End of story. Really.

30 million tops...60 million aint gonna happen...unless they can get the entry level price below $300, and I don't see that happening.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    HP is arriving reaaaaally late to the party, and no one cares.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

HP is arriving reaaaaally late to the party, and no one cares.

I always thought webos was a good idea! Lets see if HP can execute. Its better to be late and good than to release an unfinished product.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    I an the first here. Been here alone for 30 minutes till 6:30 when someone else showed up. Feels pretty sad when you are the first. Oh well, I'll get over it. They sure look good through the window. Good luck everyone!
  • Reply 29 of 36
    Scratch that. I just waited for over an hour and an apple guy came out and told me they did not get the shipments they expected. Yeah, disappointed to say the least.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    pmpicspmpics Posts: 1member
    Just left the apple store in Bridgewater where they say the didn't get any ipads in their shipments. Also said they don't expect to anytime today. Any that do arrive will be on sale immediately - they don't hold 'em for following morning. Seems that arrangement would make it harder on everybody. Customers have to keep calling or showing up and staff have to keep dealing w/ continuous barage of phone calls.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Was there early this morning and was told that there was no shipment received yesterday. Best bet was to try again later today, but that's going to be hit and miss.

However, I was told that all the Apple stores will be opening at 9am for the foreseeable future for iPad2 purchases. Maybe that's where the message about early openings got a bit mixed up.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    Called my local store yesterday and they confirmed they were going to get a shipment of iPads today. Well guess who lied... Made me go to work later for nothing.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    03/15/11 - The Memorial City Apple Retail Store had 20 iPads for sale this morning @ 9:00am. Employees handed out slips of paper to the first 20 people in line.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Went to Willowbend in Plano, TX at 7 this morning (normally opens at 8). There were already 10+ in line. Store DID NOT open early, however, an Apple guy came out to tell us that they were expecting a shipment.......BUT, no AT&T models at which point half of people in line left with tears in their eyes.
  • Reply 35 of 36
    From San Francisco to Palo Alto:
    1. At 7:45am, the line at the SF Stockton Street store was a block long.

2. At 8:30am, there was a short line at the Hillsdale Shopping Center store, but an Apple dude was addressing the queuers saying they did not get a shipment.

3. At 9:00am, the Stanford Shopping Center store was open, but they had no shipment either.

4. At 9:15am, drove by the PA University Avenue store--it was open, but didn't bother to ask as there was no line anywhere.

I ASSUME there were iPad 2s to be had at the SF store...
  • Reply 36 of 36
    I am at the Albany crossgates store again. 6:10 am. I called yesterday and they said they definitely have iPads to sell this morning. I hope that dude wasn't lying. I doubt it. I am just glad I am the first one here as they probably have 10 or something. I wouldn't be this desperate except I sold my laptop to buy one if those crazy $5000 12 core machines and now I have nothing to show clients my work. Clients love the iPad way more than a laptop. I sold my old iPad so am feeling a little naked. :0) good luck everyone, just don't take mine ;0)