iPad 2 Online Order Status

Comments

• Reply 21 of 68
    Still no tracking update. Is anyone else waiting on your iPad in NYC and shows any different tracking information?

Purchased at 3:56am ET - 64GB Black WiFi. Its been showing Alaska in transit for almost 24 hours.
  • Reply 22 of 68
    easyeeasye Posts: 20member
    Yeah, thanks guys for the updates.

Quick update for my black 16gb wifi, ordered at 4:01am EST. Green Smart Cover arrived today just after 4:30pm EST!!!!

The ipad itself arrived in Anchorage about two hours ago, after roughly 20 hours at Lantau Island, HK.

Here's to hoping it arrives tomorrow!
  • Reply 23 of 68
    Cover arrived at 1:15 local today, no update on iPad.
  • Reply 24 of 68
    tworthtworth Posts: 4member
    It was a 32GB White Verizon, and the Apple order acknowledgement just told me to expect delivery in Texas on April 22. 5 and a half weeks away, yikes!
  • Reply 25 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by easye View Post

Yeah, thanks guys for the updates.

Quick update for my black 16gb wifi, ordered at 4:01am EST. Green Smart Cover arrived today just after 4:30pm EST!!!!

The ipad itself arrived in Anchorage about two hours ago, after roughly 20 hours at Lantau Island, HK.

Here's to hoping it arrives tomorrow!

I think the engraving delayed it by a day (to the actual delivery date of the 17th). I would assume if its in Anchorage two hours ago it wont be delivered until Thursday, unless you live on the west coast. I am a little skeptical about mine being delivered tomorrow, it was in AK last night at 5pm and has been in transit for a long time, I would think it should be somewhere around the east coast now, which would make me think of a delivery date tomorrow.

My tracking is weird too, it just says "in transit" rather than Arrived and Departed like some other posters have said.

. . . ahhhh the anticipation!
  • Reply 26 of 68
    Unfortunately in this case, I am on the East Coast--Virginia. Here's what I'm looking at...not even In Transit yet:

Mar 15, 2011 2:15 PM

Int'l shipment release

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 15, 2011 12:53 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 14, 2011 4:44 PM

In transit

LANTAU ISLAND HK

...and talk about anticipation, this Smart Cover is so goddamn cool and perfectly sized, I love these magnets. I don't really consider my laptop a portable computer; I really think the ipad is much closer to a truly portable computer. Just in terms of size and weight, even my mbp looks like such an imposition next to size and profile of an ipad 2.

uhhhh CAN'T WAIT.
  • Reply 27 of 68
    ....con't from last post....

Mar 15, 2011 4:02 PM

Departed FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

So I guess it couldn't take too many hours to get across the country, but alas judging from earlier posts, it'll take more like 24 hours.
  • Reply 28 of 68
    Just looked up the flight time from AK to VA = 7hrs haha.

whydidijustdothat.jpg
  • Reply 29 of 68
    So i just got a tracking update.

Departed Anchorage at 4:02 PM on March 15th (PT TIME).

It was arrived in Anchorage at 10:33am on the 14th and was releasted at 1:46 and then was in transit at 4:34!!!!

What the heck was it doing for almost 24 hours?????

They must have held up the package so it wouldn't be delivered early.
  • Reply 30 of 68
    Quote:

Just looked up the flight time from AK to VA = 7hrs haha.

Best case scenario, flight time like you said is 7 hours to the east coast, plus probably 3 or 4 hours on each end for loading/ transportation to the sort facility. If the package departed around 4:00pm then I suppose it could be at our respective sort facilities by 6am.

Possibly early enough to be put on a truck for delivery tomorrow. I am usually optimistic about these types of things but I have a feeling its going to be a thursday delivery.

Although CJ's post shows less than 12 hours from Arrival in the delivery state to being on the truck for delivery.

Also that flight departed at 5:00pm and arrived at 10:20pm going to SoCal. So if that is an indicator even adding a few hours it still seems to be a possibility for a wednesday delivery.
  • Reply 31 of 68
    yzzimyzzim Posts: 2member
    My 16gb white iPad hasn't shipped from Apple yet. Ordered it @ 2:52am on launch day. Grrrrr
  • Reply 32 of 68
    cj3209cj3209 Posts: 158member
    Just got it!!!

Adding books and apps on it.

Hope everyone gets it as soon as possible!

CJ

(

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cj3209 View Post

NOT BAD: two business day shipping (On-line order on Friday, 0115 hours) - 32GB iPad-wifi. Of course my black leather cover and camera connection kit are coming in a few days later...go figure...

CJ

Mar 15, 2011 8:16 AM

On FedEx vehicle for deliveryHAWTHORNE, CA

Mar 15, 2011 7:10 AM

At local FedEx facilityHAWTHORNE, CA

Mar 15, 2011 3:16 AM

At dest sort facilityLOS ANGELES, CA

Mar 15, 2011 2:23 AM

Departed FedEx locationOAKLAND, CA

Mar 14, 2011 10:20 PM

Arrived at FedEx locationOAKLAND, CA

Mar 14, 2011 5:00 PM

Departed FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 14, 2011 12:37 PMInt'l shipment release

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 14, 2011 10:33 AM

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 13, 2011 11:58 PMAt local FedEx facility

LANTAU ISLAND HK

Mar 13, 2011 11:19 PM

Picked up

SHENZHEN CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff

Mar 13, 2011 10:34 PMIn transit

LANTAU ISLAND HK

Mar 12, 2011 9:21 AM

Shipment information sent to FedEx

• Reply 33 of 68
    No way CJ really??? Delivered at what time?

• Reply 34 of 68
    cj3209cj3209 Posts: 158member
    Wife loves it so far but safari can't watch korean dramas on certain sites like dramastyle.com...

Oh, well...

CJ

Mar 15, 2011 2:15 PM (PST)

Delivered

CULVER CITY, CA

Mar 15, 2011 8:16 AMOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryHAWTHORNE, CA

Mar 15, 2011 7:10 AMAt local FedEx facilityHAWTHORNE, CA

Mar 15, 2011 3:16 AMAt dest sort facilityLOS ANGELES, CA
  • Reply 35 of 68
    Wait, what??

Mar 16, 2011 2:31 AM

NEWARK, NJ

Anyone else see this?
  • Reply 36 of 68
    Greetings,

In an effort to consolidate the different status tracking information for the anxious iPad 2 fans, who are speculating about the current shipping timelines, and whether certain models of the iPad are shipping faster than others, or to figure out a trend of shipping times based on actual submitted, and hopefully, received orders, the following website offers such a service in a seamless user-friendly manner.

All one has to do is to put their order date, iPad 2 model, and Apple Store estimated shipping dates, and later on, update their information as the status of their shipment gets updated. Sharing this information, helps hundreds of anxious iPad 2, prospect and current, buyers, to better speculate Apple's store iPad 2 shipment trends, timelines, availability of certain models. In addition this will be your chance to share with us the joy of your success in securing your iPad.

The website is www.appleordertracker.com

Good luck everybody in getting your iPad
  • Reply 37 of 68
    Quote:

Wait, what??

Mar 16, 2011 2:31 AM

NEWARK, NJ

Anyone else see this?

Mine is in Newark right now as well. I think its basically where the plane lands and the packages get scanned then they go out to their respective delivery facilities. Newark is pretty close to NYC so thats why I was thinking I might get it today but I dont think delivery trucks leave from Newark. Especially after the fact yours is there too and you live in Virgina.

I think we are both going to have to wait until tomorrow.
  • Reply 38 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by golden_child View Post

Ordered a 64GB 3G at&t, Friday at 5:15am EST.

IPAD WI-FI 3G 64GB BLACK-USA

Ships: 3 - 5 business days \t \t \t \t \t \t

Delivers: Mar 18 - Mar 25

IPAD SMART COVER ORANGE-USA

Ships: 1-2 Business days

Delivers: Mar 16 - Mar 21

Shippment notification for cover: Shipped on Mar 12

Cover out for delivery

No update on the ipad.
  • Reply 39 of 68
    I called FedEx and asked if packages usually go onto trucks for delivery when they are at the Newark location and she said yes, Newark is the final stop before it goes on a truck for deliver.

I asked her if there was any chance it would be delivered today and she said "its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow so it wont go on a truck until tonight to be delivered tomorrow"

She didnt seem very sure about it though, hopefully she just says that so people dont get mad if it doenst get delivered early when the rep said it could.

But its 11am right now and you would think it would already be on a truck somewhere and not at the facility still since they usually have a 4:30 cutoff for deliveries of that type.

Out of luck today i think . . .
  • Reply 40 of 68
    yzzimyzzim Posts: 2member
    Just got tracking information on my order. ETA is 3/22. About a week after the magnetic cover arrived. Pretty lame Apple.