Attempt to link Foxconn's slowed growth to Apple viewed as questionable theory

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post


    That is absolute BS!

    Nobody is going to head for a freaking Xoom tablet over and ipad 2. Sorry for sounding so pompous but that is how I feel.

    Moto doesn't have the ecosystem like Apple nor the customer service. Going into an Apple store is like entering a weekend jam session with the Beatles.



    LOL! I thought the Apple Store was more like entering a Hare Krishna Temple. Actually made me uncomfortable. It seemed like someone spiked their juice with MDMA. I ended up getting 2 32GB models and sold them over the weekend unopened.



    I agree that the Android tablet market needs to mature some more. I'm personally tired of iOS and traded in my iPhone (after 4yrs of iPhones) over the holidays. I like to try new things. After looking at my iPhone for years I like having something new to tinker with. Had no problem replacing all my iPhone apps since most app stores have all the same Core apps + thousands of useless ones. Apples slick marketing has never cemented me into the brand. Its just another OS and similar computer hardware in a well designed box. I guess I just like to taste all that technology has to offer. Tablets just aren't on the menu yet for me.
  • Reply 22 of 56
    Yeah, that's true. AAPL is taaaaaaanking today. Gah. Not worried though. I can't wait to see the Q1 results!
  • Reply 23 of 56
    First, Foxcomm/Hon Hai is the largest EMS company in the world trailed by Quanta in second place. Foxconn has Apple, Dell, HP/Compaq, IBM, Intel, Cisco, Korn Corp. and Motorola Inc. as major customers. While Apple's part of the Foxconn deliverables pie is significant, it is not where to point to account for the flattening of their growth. Likely it can be attributed to cyclical or other responses to market pressures - like the iPad impact to the PC sector for Dell and HP, for example.



    Apple investors are anything BUT skittish - judging from the number who have held stock from the dark ages of Apple until now. Day traders and hedge fund managers may be more concerned, but not rank and file Apple investors. Recall also that Foxconn revenues are going to be impacted by their building of the new larger facility in northern China - perhaps this analyst misplaced that fact from a while back.



    Finally and most tellingly directly from the fingers of Neil himself:

    Quote:

    Gauna and JMP Securities gained a considerable amount of attention Wednesday with their decision to downgrade AAPL stock.



    It never seems to fail, as soon as popularity of an Apple device is demonstrated there is a chorus of nay-sayers driving page hits to their sites by making adverse pronouncements. This is no different. Guana is not so cleverly or originally collecting pages hits by doing this for his company. Anyone worth any sort of mention as being market savvy can see through this sort of thing and understand it for what it is. The rest of the calumny falls on the idiots who knee-jerk constantly to this sort of post-release activity and wail about the sky falling on Apple. That day will come, as it does for all companies but to borrow from the LOTR:

    Quote:

    A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*



  • Reply 24 of 56
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kyle172 View Post


    Ludacris!!!!



    Yes?

  • Reply 25 of 56
    MacProMacPro Posts: 18,225member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post


    That is absolute BS!

    Nobody is going to head for a freaking Xoom tablet over and ipad 2. Sorry for sounding so pompous but that is how I feel.

    Moto doesn't have the ecosystem like Apple nor the customer service. Going into an Apple store is like entering a weekend jam session with the Beatles.



    Agreed, most will just wait. Assuming there is a major slow down which is still not certain. The Japan news now this ... seems to me like a touch of deliberate FUD for stock manipulation to me. Awesome buying time for AAPL IMHO.
  • Reply 26 of 56
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RMBootneck View Post


    I don't think anyone with half a brain would be so dumb as to buy MMI's tablet just because Apple is sold out. The reason they're sold out is because knowledgeable users KNOW that the iPad2 is superior and they'll wait for it.



    I was being sarcastic.
  • Reply 27 of 56
    MacProMacPro Posts: 18,225member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andykemp View Post


    LOL! I thought the Apple Store was more like entering a Hare Krishna Temple. Actually made me uncomfortable. It seemed like someone spiked their juice with MDMA. I ended up getting 2 32GB models and sold them over the weekend unopened.



    I agree that the Android tablet market needs to mature some more. I'm personally tired of iOS and traded in my iPhone (after 4yrs of iPhones) over the holidays. I like to try new things. After looking at my iPhone for years I like having something new to tinker with. Had no problem replacing all my iPhone apps since most app stores have all the same Core apps + thousands of useless ones. Apples slick marketing has never cemented me into the brand. Its just another OS and similar computer hardware in a well designed box. I guess I just like to taste all that technology has to offer. Tablets just aren't on the menu yet for me.



    Enjoy the Android blogs. Shut the door on the way out.
  • Reply 28 of 56
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kyle172 View Post


    Ludacris!!!!



    50 Cent!!!!

    Oh wait.....
  • Reply 29 of 56
    The best part of this analysis is when the analyst mentions that this has nothing to do with how Apple is doing in the marketplace. Just a circumspect insight on one of their suppliers.
  • Reply 30 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


    Enjoy the Android blogs. Shut the door on the way out.



    I own devices on both platforms. And actually the Android blogs and forums are much more tolerable. Less finger pointing and platform trash talk.
  • Reply 31 of 56
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 32 of 56
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,613member
    if you're such a great analyst, why aren't you keeping your stock predictions to yourself and just make tons of money playing the market?



    (Unless stock manipulation is your real game. . . )
  • Reply 33 of 56
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andykemp View Post


    After looking at my iPhone for years I like having something new to tinker with.



    Well then you and Android are a match made in heaven. Congratulations! Let us know when there's a bun in the oven. :-)
  • Reply 34 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tundraboy View Post


    Well then you and Android are a match made in heaven. Congratulations! Let us know when there's a bun in the oven. :-)



    I'm actually baking blueberry muffins in the kitchen right now.
  • Reply 35 of 56
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 7,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimDreamworx View Post


    Third Friday of the month is coming up.



    Gotta start spreading 'em rumors for the sake of triggering options.



    There's panic selling going on in the market anyway over oil and Japan nukes. Why not take down AAPL with it?
  • Reply 36 of 56
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Hello? That story likely had NOTHING to do with Apple's stock losing value today. The whole market was way down today on fears over Japan. If the market was up, and Apple's stock went down, then'd I see some correlation.



    Google for example was down over twelve dollars a share as well.



    For what it is worth, the Japan situation might be a temporary set back for Apple. However, in the long run it will help Apple. Lots of Apple product was likely destroyed. People will want to replace it.



    Further, true investors don't let the market's daily fluctuations sway them. Apple's fundamentals are solid. That hasn't changed. Warren Buffet once said you buy when people are running, and sell when they are buying.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post


    Sure, it probably doesn't mean anything, but as you can see, investors believed the vague connection. Apple investors are scared to hold on to Apple shares because they don't trust the stock one bit. You look at it rationally, but Apple shareholders are skittish and scared of losing their money with Apple so they dump shares quickly. \



  • Reply 37 of 56
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 7,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post


    I think this may be an attempt to lower apple stocks so they can pick up some cheap shares. However, the Japan situation may cause Apple some problems. Apple has a supply problem. If they can't figure out a way to get Ipads into people's hands fast enough I think people may go to Xoom and these other tabs. They should've made sure they shipped at least 5 million to US stores at the outset.



    Your theory is more nutty than the average no nothing analyst. Maybe you could get a job on Wall Street.
  • Reply 38 of 56
    hal 9000hal 9000 Posts: 101member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpoge View Post


    I think that's less of an issue now that weekly options are available. The monthly options expiration date isn't any more significant than any other Friday now (at least for AAPL).



    So Friday its going to tank again?
  • Reply 39 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBell View Post


    Hello? That story likely had NOTHING to do with Apple's stock losing value today. The whole market was way down today on fears over Japan. If the market was up, and Apple's stock went down, then'd I see some correlation.



    Google for example was down over twelve dollars a share as well.



    For what it is worth, the Japan situation might be a temporary set back for Apple. However, in the long run it will help Apple. Lots of Apple product was likely destroyed. People will want to replace it.



    Further, true investors don't let the market's daily fluctuations sway them. Apple's fundamentals are solid. That hasn't changed. Warren Buffet once said you buy when people are running, and sell when they are buying.



    I thought the same thing about the stock and the disaster in Japan. Everything is down right now and Apple is delaying the release of the iPad2 over there. Theres been a disruption in the shipping and manufacturing of component supplies from Japan also. Probably a price increase to follow also.
  • Reply 40 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post


    That is absolute BS!

    Nobody is going to head for a freaking Xoom tablet over and ipad 2. Sorry for sounding so pompous but that is how I feel.

    Moto doesn't have the ecosystem like Apple nor the customer service. Going into an Apple store is like entering a weekend jam session with the Beatles.



    Are Apple stored different in the US as in the UK there basically no different to any other store.



    Granted the staff are nice and the genius bar is good for getting your new iPod when it inevitably breaks. But it would just be nicer if there products didn't break so much.
Sign In or Register to comment.