Went to bestbuy to check out the iPad 2.....gonna wait till iPad 3

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    idadidad Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Relax and save your money. There are other more important things to worry about in the meantime. Your a dad iDad? Go hug your kid.

12 months will go by in a flash.

lol I hug my kids all the time, I don't need lessons on how to be a good dad. My kids are all grown and still get hugs.......... All that hugging still doesn't put an iPad in my pocket. No worries here though, needs come before wants but sometimes wants are a strong temptations and iPad, for sure fits that category
  • Reply 42 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PeachesCat View Post

Exaggerating? Obviously, you are a Apple Troll who doesn't know anything outside of a message board lol.

I like how you think you can ignore my position by calling me a troll. Fortunately, I won't do the same to you.

Quote:

This isn't my life, the way it is yours based on the amount of posts you have.

I'd like you to meet Ireland. And stop being blinded by your own selfishness, but first thing's first.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Underpaid Chinese laborers can only pump out so many electronic devices within a 24 hour period. If you've figured out a better way to do it, I'm sure they would like to hear about it.

Quote:

No. The guy to fire has to be several levels below Cook. Because Apple has had time and the intention to plan the iPad 2's inventory based on the well expected anticipation of a much greater demand this time around.

It was widely expected that distribution was going to be wide and inventory very well stocked.

But that didn't happen. Jobs may be happy at the demand of the iPad 2 but he just CAN NOT be happy with how actual sales are happening. How can any boss be happy if customers are forced to leave the store without being able to buy his product?

• Reply 44 of 50
    You dismiss the fact that there are radio apps for iOS that don't require Flash. There have been ever since the App Store first opened.

Listening to the radio is work?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PeachesCat View Post

Not useless when it is needed to run every single radio station's website in the United States and Every single one in the United Kingdom.

It seems as if a tablet is more for people who want a "toy" and Mac Air is for people who actually want to work.

• Reply 45 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Listening to the radio is work?

I believe he manages a station or maintains a website for a station that uses a Flash-based streamer.
  • Reply 46 of 50
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rnb2 View Post

Which part of 'physically impossible to make enough to satisfy day 1 demand' did you not understand?

Please, it's mentally tiring to have to read crap with attitude just so someone can sound cool.

ANYWAYS, Apple THEMSELVES forecasted Ipad sales for the new year as being near 30 to 45 million as compared to 15 million of the year before.

Apple THEMSELVES stated that they were preparing widespread distribution methods that would neuter or at least lessen the the long lines of the iPad 1.

Yet here we are with the iPad 2 launch and it seems like Apple has done NOTHING to prepare for the launch. Your telling me then that even though Apple told us that they were expecting high demand this time around and prepared for it, yet that somehow......they didn't?

What's going to happen at the iPad 3 launch? Apple will tell us months in advance that they will prepare for it and there will be plenty of supply but then at launch day....there won't.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDad View Post

lol I hug my kids all the time, I don't need lessons on how to be a good dad. My kids are all grown and still get hugs.......... All that hugging still doesn't put an iPad in my pocket. No worries here though, needs come before wants but sometimes wants are a strong temptations and iPad, for sure fits that category

Your right. It's a very strong temptation. Hey, all the information is here in this thread, this forum, and many other tech blogs.

Your a smart guy. Make a decision.

I believe I've made mine.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Underpaid Chinese laborers can only pump out so many electronic devices within a 24 hour period. If you've figured out a better way to do it, I'm sure they would like to hear about it.

Your right. It's just that I thought....not just me man a lot of other people....thought that Apple made a good number of units for the launch.

God bless and protect the Foxconn workers. I wish them health and wellness and a decent salary.

But not so much the units being made but I'm talking about the number of units prepared for this launch. I mean for pete's sake Apple is supposed to be launching in how many countries by the 25th?

They are going to REALLY have to study the results of this launch so they can better prepare for next year.

Because their analysis of last year for this year's projections obviously is becoming very inadequate.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

They are going to REALLY have to study the results of this launch so they can better prepare for next year.

Because their analysis of last year for this year's projections obviously is becoming very inadequate.

I have come to the conclusion (based entirely on unsubstantiated rumors and my own made up facts) that the problem is not Apple's forecasting. There must have been some hang up in the production of the new units. Was it the thinner glass process having lower yields than expected or some other componant? Who knows. But I can't believe it was Apple's plan to have stock-outs this severe. Just like I can't believe they didn't have a sense of the amazing demand.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    It depends on the demand. No matter what their are real limits to the number of iPads that can be manufactured over a given length of time. How far in advance would Apple need to begin manufacturing to meet the initial demand? I doubt Apple wants a stock pile of iPads sitting around for a long time waiting for sale.

Quote:

But not so much the units being made but I'm talking about the number of units prepared for this launch. I mean for pete's sake Apple is supposed to be launching in how many countries by the 25th?