Apple has have enough iPad 2 components to maintain production for 2-3 weeks

Comments

• Reply 21 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

I take it your misspelling of ridiculous was intentional, correct.

I can't. I just can't.
  • Reply 22 of 96
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Same here. I had no idea that it was going to be this crazy. I don't think that anybody did. But oh well, I guess that there's nothing that we can do about it. I do blame those damn scalpers though, otherwise I would have had mine already.

You mean other people bought it before you did. Scalpers have the same right to want an iPad as you.
  • Reply 23 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigBillyGoatGruff View Post

They does do?

So am I be!
  • Reply 24 of 96
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

You mean other people bought it before you did. Scampers have the same right to want an iPad as you.

I see that you keep defending them. Are you one of them or something? I do doubt that, since you can actually type and communicate using the English language.

And no, they actually do not have the same rights to an iPad as I do, as they are scheming and cheating their way to buy out the entire stocks of Apple stores. I actually think that Apple should halt all shipments of iPads to New York, as the majority are being snatched up by the hoodlums. This way, all of the people who ordered online will get theirs quicker.

Scalping is not entirely legal and hopefully some stricter laws will be applied and enforced so that these hoodlums could end up behind bars, or possibly deported. Then normal people will be able to visit an Apple store without encountering these devious and mischievous scoundrels.
  • Reply 25 of 96
    see flatsee flat Posts: 145member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMoan View Post

Forget the iPad already. Just get a MacBook. It's a way better experience anyway.

Forget the aPple already. Just get an Orange. It's a way better experience anyway
  • Reply 26 of 96
    xsuxsu Posts: 401member
    Quote:

You mean other people bought it before you did. Scalpers have the same right to want an iPad as you.

No they don't. Probably from a strictly legal standpoint they do, but they don't, at least shouldn't.
  • Reply 27 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cronked View Post

Hire a freaking editor! The frequent grammar errors I see here are really rediculous.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

I take it your misspelling of ridiculous was intentional, correct.

I am sure.
  • Reply 28 of 96
    macslutmacslut Posts: 514member
    Quote:

I see that you keep defending them. Are you one of them or something? I do doubt that, since you can actually type and communicate using the English language.

And no, they actually do not have the same rights to an iPad as I do, as they are scheming and cheating their way to buy out the entire stocks of Apple stores. I actually think that Apple should halt all shipments of iPads to New York, as the majority are being snatched up by the hoodlums. This way, all of the people who ordered online will get theirs quicker.

Scalping is not entirely legal and hopefully some stricter laws will be applied and enforced so that these hoodlums could end up behind bars, or possibly deported. Then normal people will be able to visit an Apple store without encountering these devious and mischievous scoundrels.

I think you're taking your frustrations out on people who may not deserve your anger. I agree that scalping has it's legal and ethical limits, but to take it out onNew York, or suggest "deportation" is going overboard.

One thing Apple could've done is limit purchases to 1 per person instead of 2 on launch day. I camped out overnight, and found that everyone around me went from buying one to buying 2 with the intent to sell the 2nd. Also inside the store, it was easy to buy two from one sales person and then walk over to another and buy two more.

It would also be helpful to have line tickets so people don't cut in line. I was 5th in line, and need up 15th as people invited there friends at the last minute.

Don't get me wrong though, this was inherently going to be chaotic due to the overwhelming demand, and Apple did a great job over all with what they had to deal with.
  • Reply 29 of 96
    dishdish Posts: 64member
    I'm glad I waited 3 hours in line to get my iPad 2 looks like it was the smartest thing to do once the ship times had already hit 2-3 weeks.
  • Reply 30 of 96
    Quote:

Same here. I had no idea that it was going to be this crazy. I don't think that anybody did. But oh well, I guess that there's nothing that we can do about it. I do blame those damn scalpers though, otherwise I would have had mine already.

Oh oh... another scalper thread coming up!
  • Reply 31 of 96
    Quote:

I see that you keep attacking them. Let me get this straight - in order to defend the rights or reputation of a group of individuals who are doing nothing illegal or immoral, you have to be one of them? Boy I'd hate to have seen what would happen to a homosexual who showed up at your door during the Holocaust.

So I gather what you're really upset about are the brown people ahead of you who bought iPads before you did? Because, last time I checked, a white guy who speaks english (like me) can also be buying an iPad to sell on Craigslist, yet, surprisingly, you haven't considered the possibility that the $300 profit you could make by flipping an iPad would entice anyone buy minorities and foreigners.

I just hate racists, especially ones who try to claim moral high ground with an arbitrary reason to hate some other group.

Standing in a line for three hours to try to make $300 does not make you a hoodlum. You're clearly a racist and a xenophobe though.
  • Reply 32 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xsu View Post

No they don't. Probably from a strictly legal standpoint they do, but they don't, at least shouldn't.

Yeah, exactly. No, they don't... well yes they do. Every person, no matter what his intention, has EVERY right to stand in line and buy up to two iPads. Period. As they should. Or would you and Apple ][ get to make the rules about what races and cultures deserve to have the first iPads?
  • Reply 33 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cronked View Post

Hire a freaking editor! The frequent grammar errors I see here are really rediculous.

Kind of like your spelling of ridiculous.
  • Reply 34 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macslut View Post

I think you're taking your frustrations out on people who may not deserve your anger. I agree that scalping has it's legal and ethical limits, but to take it out onNew York, or suggest "deportation" is going overboard.

One thing Apple could've done is limit purchases to 1 per person instead of 2 on launch day. I camped out overnight, and found that everyone around me went from buying one to buying 2 with the intent to sell the 2nd. Also inside the store, it was easy to buy two from one sales person and then walk over to another and buy two more.

Agreed. And how many of those people in front of you looked like scalpers (as the racist on this thread would define them)?
  • Reply 35 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macslut View Post

I'm not taking it out on New York, I'm from New York.

But I don't believe that "deportation" is going overboard as foreigners in a foreign country or people staying in a foreign country with green cards should be extra careful not to engage in criminal activities in the country where they are staying. I believe that every legal method available should be employed to stop the scalpers. When people start messing with Apple and my ability to obtain their products, then that means war.

If an American goes to China and engages in criminal activity, they would probably find themselves getting deported also, as it should be. That's how it is in many countries around the world.

Those scalpers had better watch out.
  • Reply 36 of 96
    Quote:

Agreed. And how many of those people in front of you looked like scalpers (as the racist on this thread would define them)?

I couldn't care less as to where they're from. The fact remains that virtually all of them are Chinese. If they were Mexican or Swedish or whatever, I would still think that scalpers suck and every method should be undertaken in order to stop the hoodlums.
  • Reply 37 of 96
    Quote:

Boy I'd hate to have seen what would happen to a homosexual who showed up at your door during the Holocaust.

I don't have any problems with homosexuals, unless that person happened to be a homosexual scalper of Apple products. Then, all bets are off.
  • Reply 38 of 96
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    I keep telling my wife that I can get 2 grand for her iPad 2 but she won't let me sell it.

I guess that's a statement in itself.
  • Reply 39 of 96
    I'll admit that I had no idea the Chinese Triads were taking over New York City. I do know that if I were a Chinese immigrant that lived in NYC and was being offered to stand in line for $5 an hour to buy an iPad or two, I might consider it. I don't see how there is anything wrong with that. I figure that anyone that stands in line has to take their chances of getting or not getting an iPad 2. I certainly envy those dealers that can sell an iPad 2 for twice the price in China, though. Seeing a suitcase full of iPads 2s is astounding. I guess airline luggage doesn't get checked for anything except drugs if that many iPad 2s can be shipped at once.

Me having to wait to get an iPad 2 doesn't bother me at all, so if most of China gets iPad 2s before I do, I'm not complaining. I'm an Apple shareholder, so I don't care who's buying iPads as long as the stock continues to climb. I'm not suffering at all for not getting an iPad 2 on the day it was released. Another month or so won't matter at all.
  • Reply 40 of 96
    mrpogemrpoge Posts: 9member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdub52MOsox View Post

Anyone seeing ANY movement on their orders from last weekend? I have my cover which arrived relatively early (Mar16 - ordered Mar11 - 7am CT), but I haven't seen a thing about people getting shipments other then some ATT folks earlier this week.

I was in the 'iPad Ships 5-7' club.

I ordered at 7:30 ET on the 11th and mine finally shipped today (16G/White/VZ engraved). I also have already received my cover.