Apple has have enough iPad 2 components to maintain production for 2-3 weeks

Comments

• Reply 61 of 96
    sipsip Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

I take it your misspelling of ridiculous was intentional, correct.

As was the grammatical error
  • Reply 62 of 96
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    never mind
  • Reply 63 of 96
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm not taking it out on New York, I'm from New York.

But I don't believe that "deportation" is going overboard as foreigners in a foreign country or people staying in a foreign country with green cards should be extra careful not to engage in criminal activities in the country where they are staying. I believe that every legal method available should be employed to stop the scalpers. When people start messing with Apple and my ability to obtain their products, then that means war.

If an American goes to China and engages in criminal activity, they would probably find themselves getting deported also, as it should be. That's how it is in many countries around the world.

Those scalpers had better watch out.

When did buying two iPads become illegal? When did reselling your own private property become illegal? What criminal activities did they engage in? Absolutely none that I can see. In fact, they're engaging in classic capitalism.

We may think it's unfair that people buy iPads simply to resell them, but unless Apple wants to put tighter controls on selling (one to a customer, credit card and ID required, central database of all purchasers), that's how it's going to be.
  • Reply 64 of 96
    Your piece is highly speculative. You haven't identified any key supplier and much more, you haven't identified supplies (if any) from these sources that Apple already has in stock. Pretty sure they already counted on high demand (not quite as high as has been demonstrated, though). I would be willing to bet that Apple has 1+ month supply already with its manufacturers in China. Many of these companies, if they are sole source, have stated on their respective websites that their operations are either not impacted or will resume operations within a month.
  • Reply 65 of 96
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

No other way to explain such voluminous intransigence. Agreed.

"voluminous intransigence" - nice!

best thing thing on an entire thread rehashing previous rant-filled ones and leventy-seven comments on a grammatical error.....
  • Reply 66 of 96
    Quote:

Same here. I had no idea that it was going to be this crazy. I don't think that anybody did. But oh well, I guess that there's nothing that we can do about it. I do blame those damn scalpers though, otherwise I would have had mine already.

Oh oh, here we go again with the scalpers!

I tried to find a scalper who would sell me one but I guess I have to go to NYC.

Thanks for the laugh, sir!
  • Reply 67 of 96
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Aside from the bad here, Apple won't, no, they can't wait, they will HAVE to find a way to produce these products or it's going to suck for them big time.

They WILL dig into that stock pile of cash, and make some amazing things happen ? they will.

Skip

If the issue is the effects of the earthquake then no amount of money is going to speed things up. Not enough to satisfy all the whiners that want their new itoy now like a pack of Verucas.

And amazingly, it really won't matter to the customers. They will bitch and moan and hassle the store staff. And wait it out. Maybe 0.0001% will go off and get a Xoom or whatever but the rest will be there when the iPads finally show up. And within like 5 minutes they will be over the ire. Meanwhile the Xoom will sell maybe a 1000 units, HP wont get to unit 9001 and the tab two will have half the end user sales and double the returns rate of gen 1. All thanks to Stevie and his Apple koolaid
  • Reply 68 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpoge View Post

I ordered at 7:30 ET on the 11th and mine finally shipped today (16G/White/VZ engraved). I also have already received my cover.

Apple just charged my card... prob be shipped out by the time I wake up tomorrow!

32GB Black - WiFi
  • Reply 69 of 96
    You sound like a 5 year old bitching and crying cause he didn't get an IPad 2. Get over it and move on.

FYI I think I might have been in front of you in line. I was that hoodlum who purcahsed two. I sold one and I'm currently using the other one. I sorry would you like some fly rice with your wine.

Quote:

I disagree with that. There will always be wars and sometimes war is the best option. Peace is often for the weak minded and cowardly, especially when it's a false peace brought on by appeasement.

And I am not against any Chinese people at all, only Chinese scalpers, which is something that I've stated numerous times. Even the Chinese guy waiting on line next to me thought that the Chinese scalpers sucked, since he wasn't able to get his iPad either.

Even newspaper articles which refer to the scalpers mention their ethnicity specifically. Political correctness is an ugly disease which will never infect me. There is nothing wrong with stating and reporting simple facts.

• Reply 70 of 96
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nauticax88 View Post

You sound like a 5 year old bitching and crying cause he didn't get an IPad 2. Get over it and move on.

A 5 year old could've devised a better plan and system than Apple currently has. And your post where you state that you sold your second iPad only further proves my point that Apple should limit sales to 1 per person.

And I have moved on, since I've now ordered mine online. It'll take a while before I get it, but I can wait.

The Apple fiasco is far from over though, because it will only get worse with each new iOS device . It's a good thing that I'm not really interested in an iPhone 5, because come the summertime, that launch will also probably be pure hell and scalper infested.
  • Reply 71 of 96
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdub52MOsox View Post

Apple just charged my card... prob be shipped out by the time I wake up tomorrow!

32GB Black - WiFi

I just ordered yesterday and Apple has already charged my card.

Mine ships more than 4 weeks from now.
  • Reply 72 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

I'll admit that I had no idea the Chinese Triads were taking over New York City. I do know that if I were a Chinese immigrant that lived in NYC and was being offered to stand in line for $5 an hour to buy an iPad or two, I might consider it. I don't see how there is anything wrong with that. I figure that anyone that stands in line has to take their chances of getting or not getting an iPad 2. I certainly envy those dealers that can sell an iPad 2 for twice the price in China, though. Seeing a suitcase full of iPads 2s is astounding. I guess airline luggage doesn't get checked for anything except drugs if that many iPad 2s can be shipped at once.

Me having to wait to get an iPad 2 doesn't bother me at all, so if most of China gets iPad 2s before I do, I'm not complaining. I'm an Apple shareholder, so I don't care who's buying iPads as long as the stock continues to climb. I'm not suffering at all for not getting an iPad 2 on the day it was released. Another month or so won't matter at all.

great comment!
  • Reply 73 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cronked View Post

Hire a freaking editor! The frequent grammar errors I see here are really rediculous.

ridiculous
  • Reply 74 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cronked View Post

I was wondering the same thing. I'm in the same boat. I wish I hadn't hesitated and just ordered the day they came out!

I have to wait until April 11th - 14th. What will happen with mine?
  • Reply 75 of 96
    esummersesummers Posts: 953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMoan View Post

Forget the iPad already. Just get a MacBook. It's a way better experience anyway.

Where does its display glass and battery come from? Same supplier?
  • Reply 76 of 96
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

They does do da... duh!

yup, daz da wey day dude it all da time... da dum
  • Reply 77 of 96
    Quote:

And what does this mean for my iPad that's supposed to ship in 4-5 weeks?

It seems to be more like 5- 7 weeks!
  • Reply 78 of 96
    Anybody that pays more than face value is a moron. The new iPads will arrive sometime. If you keep being an idiot, you just create the jobs for scalpers. Just wait. Sure I want a new iPad, but I will NEVER pay more than "sticker" price for a car, iPad, concert tickets.... nothing.
  • Reply 79 of 96
    Quote:

I just ordered yesterday and Apple has already charged my card.

Mine ships more than 4 weeks from now.

I'm surprised they charged it right off and it won't ship for 4wks.

So far they only charged it for my cover which shipped within 24hrs and nothing until yesterday. Once they had charged my card for the cover it was off and running with the shipment process.
  • Reply 80 of 96
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post

Anybody that pays more than face value is a moron. The new iPads will arrive sometime. If you keep being an idiot, you just create the jobs for scalpers. Just wait. Sure I want a new iPad, but I will NEVER pay more than "sticker" price for a car, iPad, concert tickets.... nothing.

That seems like a philosophy purely designed to ensure that you don't get to do a lot of awesome things over the cost of a couple bucks. Everyone has to make their own financial decisions, but say the concert of your life was put on sale for just too cheap, meaning that it sold out in 2 minutes online. That $100 might be found only for $150 online. Are you really going to miss the best concert ever for $50?