Apple rumored to issue iOS 4.3.1 with security, bug fixes within two weeks

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    hank_ehank_e Posts: 7member
    I have been experiencing the quirky graphics bug that was in ios 4.3 for my ipod touch 4g. I have had this lil guy for less than a month and of course updated the software immediately? prior to the update it worked like a charm. I had bought this to replace a unit that was stolen last summer and was so excited that once I synced with itunes I had my ol pal back with folders and pages intact just as I had organized them. that was magic!

But since updating software I get these glitchy (would be cool if that was the design, kinda reminds me of old Raygun magazine and that design aesthetics from the 90?s) graphical flaws. usually on the sign in pane and randomly at the wifi icon. I have heard of this problem (finally) from TAUW and Engadget because otherwise I was thinking I was losing my mind.

Hoping that Apple quietly fixes this bug soon. Makes me nervous to see all that glithy-ness on my new baby plus it makes some screen animations jerky.

anyone else having this issue?
  • Reply 22 of 33
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple is expected to release a minor update to its mobile operating system for the iPhone and iPad, iOS 4.3.1, in the next few weeks to address bugs and plug security holes, according to a new rumor. . . .

This strikes me as a,

"The Earth Continues Rotating"

or

"Sky Is Blue"

kind of story.

Just seems very predictable and unsurprising that Apple would decide issue an update soon after releasing a new version of iOS. Slow news day, I suppose.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    The biggest problem for me is tethering to the new MBP that we got on Friday. The wife is using the new MBP for work and tethering it thru her iPhone 4. Today is the first day that she has been using it and she says that when she opens the MBP and wakes it up from sleep it takes up to 5 minutes to pickup the Wifi hotspot from her phone.

I'm thinking that I'll try and figure out the Bluetooth tethering again tonight. I couldn't get this working yesterday as the phone kept saying that the MBP was not supported? I found a document that suggested rebooting the phone might help with that. Regardless, I like the sound of bug fixes if it can help with speeding up her tethering connectivity on wake for the MBP.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hank_e View Post

I have been experiencing the quirky graphics bug that was in ios 4.3 for my ipod touch 4g.

. . .

I am.

Almost the exact same story as you— IPt 4G, less than a month, etc.

I haven't noticed the jerky graphics (but now that you mention it I guess I have occasionally, hmm) but mostly notice the pixelated static appearing in the numbers boxes for the unlock code when I wake it up.

I've heard some kind of hard reboot and restore should fix it but have been too busy (and not enough annoyed) to do any research or figure out how to do it (I feel lucky to have found the manual, as incomplete as it is.)
  • Reply 25 of 33
    The only issues I'm having with iOS 4.3 on my iPhone 4 is the Home button is occasionally unresponsive or registers two clicks instead of one. These were occasional problems with iOS 4.2.1 as well.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

This strikes me as a,

"The Earth Continues Rotating"

or

"Sky Is Blue"

kind of story.

Just seems very predictable and unsurprising that Apple would decide issue an update soon after releasing a new version of iOS. Slow news day, I suppose.

Well... Apple can test all they want, but no matter how thorough they are nothing is going to catch bugs like millions of real world users.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by svnipp View Post

Well... Apple can test all they want, but no matter how thorough they are nothing is going to catch bugs like millions of real world users.

Exactly my point.

Pretty much every nontrivial OS update is followed soon after by a patch of some kind. Just doesn't seem like a story, much less a "rumor."
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Odd that more than one person is affected, I'm not. Usually the scenario is a Javascript setTimeOut() function that is triggered on an onUnload event from a website that you were previous visiting. That technique makes people believe the offender is the site that they are currently viewing when actually it is a site that you visited earlier - even quite a bit earlier, depending on how long they set the time out for.

That's not the case here.

I went to a shell account I have on a remote server and ran:

$ telnet appleinsider.com 80

GET / HTTP/1.1

Host: appleinsider.com

There was a hidden IFRAME before the initial DOCTYPE declaration. This was coming right from AI's server as there was no web browser involved in the test.

Seems to come and go every few days.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadow415 View Post

That's not the case here.

I went to a shell account I have on a remote server and ran:

$ telnet appleinsider.com 80

GET / HTTP/1.1

Host: appleinsider.com

There was a hidden IFRAME before the initial DOCTYPE declaration. This was coming right from AI's server as there was no web browser involved in the test.

Seems to come and go every few days.

If it's before the DOCTYPE one would suspect that their server needs to be examined for breaches.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    maguromaguro Posts: 65member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Odd that more than one person is affected, I'm not. Usually the scenario is a Javascript setTimeOut() function that is triggered on an onUnload event from a website that you were previous visiting. That technique makes people believe the offender is the site that they are currently viewing when actually it is a site that you visited earlier - even quite a bit earlier, depending on how long they set the time out for.

I am one of the original posters on this subject, and was at work on a PC if that matters. The pop-up was very Window-esque in design. Maybe 4 or 5 total within a few minutes but haven't seen any more. Am home now back on my Macs and no more seen.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    derodero Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hank_e View Post

I have been experiencing the quirky graphics bug that was in ios 4.3 for my ipod touch 4g. I have had this lil guy for less than a month and of course updated the software immediately? prior to the update it worked like a charm. I had bought this to replace a unit that was stolen last summer and was so excited that once I synced with itunes I had my ol pal back with folders and pages intact just as I had organized them. that was magic!

But since updating software I get these glitchy (would be cool if that was the design, kinda reminds me of old Raygun magazine and that design aesthetics from the 90?s) graphical flaws. usually on the sign in pane and randomly at the wifi icon. I have heard of this problem (finally) from TAUW and Engadget because otherwise I was thinking I was losing my mind.

Hoping that Apple quietly fixes this bug soon. Makes me nervous to see all that glithy-ness on my new baby plus it makes some screen animations jerky.

You mean like in the top left of the screen, YES, I have had the same thing happen to me,four times since upgrading to 4.3, guess we will have to find the PROPER thread for this...
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Restored lasr week and still the glitches are there.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    you can contact the service provider........